Enemy weapon ranks go up

weso12

While I was preparing to boss abuse on Jarod in my sword only playthrough, I wanted have his weapon run out of uses, so I had Sothe (I forgot to deploy the Black Knight), stand there and take attacks from Jared in order to break his short spear and while I was checking the short spears uses I realized that Jared's weapon rank was A and it was almost at S, then after then next attack it went from A to S, does anyone know about this and if so I have a few question

1. Is this only Jarred, only bosses, or all Enemies/NPC that gain weapon ranks?

2. Do any other games in the series do this because IIRC the GBA don't do this

P.S. Sorry for any grammor mistakes

Edited by weso12

It applies to all enemies. I personally have gotten a Tiger in 1-4 EM to SS strike. But for some reason it has 27 atk while it should have 32 (12 str + 20 mt).

dsc01047p.jpg

It's untransformed and has 7 STR. It would have 34 transformed (instead of the previous 24 it would have had at A Strike).

EDIT: Nope, 10AS in that picture. :P

Edited by nflchamp

Probably because their actual weapon is still the low level strike.

I think it went up by 5 in that, though. That wasn't on HM, if I remember correctly, so the Tiger probably started with 22 atk. Also, 27 isn't possible with A strike for tigers since A is 10, and their transformed strength is always even. The game, for some strange reason, caps their actual weapon at the S strike.

It would be interesting to test the same thing in 4-5 to see if that cap is still there. Also 4-E-3 on the non-Gareth/Nasir enemies.

And 3-13 for (I think) the final enemy non-dragon non-feral laguz.

I think it went up by 5 in that, though. That wasn't on HM, if I remember correctly, so the Tiger probably started with 22 atk. Also, 27 isn't possible with A strike for tigers since A is 10, and their transformed strength is always even. The game, for some strange reason, caps their actual weapon at the S strike.

It would be interesting to test the same thing in 4-5 to see if that cap is still there. Also 4-E-3 on the non-Gareth/Nasir enemies.

And 3-13 for (I think) the final enemy non-dragon non-feral laguz.

Bold: You'd have better luck in 3-6 since 3-13 is timed.

Bold: You'd have better luck in 3-6 since 3-13 is timed.

True, but I chose the latest one present in the game for a reason. They could decide to have a weapon level cap up until a certain chapter. 3-6 isn't a reliable test. Granted you'd probably have to attack a cat or tiger many many times during the chapter and I guess tink it each time, yet not have your units die trying. It's entirely possible that the test would not even be possible. They need 80 wexp. That's 80 attacks over 12 turns. Not likely.

Well, wait. If you bring up the info on the laguz weapon, it would say what the level is, right? Did Krad check that as well as the strike weapon level in the status screen? I think what Mekkah meant to say was that even though the tiger had SS strike, his weapon was still only an S rank tiger fang.

Well, wait. If you bring up the info on the laguz weapon, it would say what the level is, right? Did Krad check that as well as the strike weapon level in the status screen? I think what Mekkah meant to say was that even though the tiger had SS strike, his weapon was still only an S rank tiger fang.

I interpreted "the low level strike" as A. I guess he could have meant "S instead of SS which is lower level".

I can't really remember if the tiger had gotten the SS weapon, since I took this picture nearly a year ago. I guess I might be able to get another tiger to SS strike (since the original file where I got this is long gone) during this week and then check.