Final Fantasy VI Fewest Steps Challenge

Life

Problem is that the ribbon that Ultima Weapon holds is a required steal. Therefore, Locke needs to come.

There's other nice steals that he makes. I want at least one Hermes Sandels (for the Tentacles) and three Angel Rings (can never have too many). Alarm Earrings are also nice. The IAF also has a couple of Elixirs and a X-Ether for the stealing.

In other words, there's a lot of good stuff to be had at the Floating Continent. Also, Debilitator (Misssile Bay).

And for the record, if you lose a fight, you keep whatever levels and items you got before you died, but your step counter is reset, right?

Edited by Malik Maxwell

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In other words, there's a lot of good stuff to be had at the Floating Continent. Also, Debilitator (Misssile Bay).

And for the record, if you lose a fight, you keep whatever levels and items you got before you died, but your step counter is reset, right?

Debilitator isn't that good. It's more novelty.

You only keep levels. Nothing else.

Debilitator isn't that good. It's more novelty.

You only keep levels. Nothing else.

Never mind it then.

Just levels, eh? I just wanted to be clear on this.

What's Angel Ring do, again? Protect against zombie?

And what's Alarm Earrings? They must have been called something else before. They prevent back/pincer attacks?

And yeah, Running Shoes are almost a must for tentacles. I hate those things.

Anyway, CES are pretty much "bring as much as possible in WoB" characters in this thing, unfortunately.

Angel Rings bestow Regen. Alarm Earrings prevent back/pincer attacks. Hermes' Sandels are Running Shoes and yeah. And I need the Ribbon.

Angel Rings bestow Regen. Alarm Earrings prevent back/pincer attacks. Hermes' Sandels are Running Shoes and yeah. And I need the Ribbon.

Oh. Angel Rings were called something else before. Cure Ring. Some of their changes may have been good ones, but that? Cure Ring is what it says on the tin. Angel Ring? Not so much. It should give float or some kind of protection (like ff5 angel rings protect against zombie and aging).

Also, "Back Guard" seems like a better name than "Alarm Earrings". Again, what it says on the tin. Ditto Running Shoes. Oh well, whatever.

Where do you "need" the ribbon, though? I forget. Obviously it is helpful, but I can't remember where you absolutely need it. Maybe that goddess that turns you into a zombie?

Where do you "need" the ribbon, though? I forget. Obviously it is helpful, but I can't remember where you absolutely need it. Maybe that goddess that turns you into a zombie?

Ribbon at the very least is required for Inferno/Rahu/Ketu since he petrifies. I could have gone with the Jeweled Ring but I wanted that Thief's Bracer to help with stealing (my god, do I need it).

Are you planning on doing character writeups for the remaining characters as well? I almost always go with Celes/Locke/Edgar/Sabin so it'd be nice to get an opinion on the others.

For you, IOS, fuck no. You support Rob Mariano.

Seriously, I'll do a Setzer/Mog/Strago/Relm before I start the Floating Continent and Gogo/Umaro before I start Kefka's Tower. I'm spacing out the write-ups for when we could actually get the person.

I was following this thread and got some laughs out of it (Ultros is the best :(), but the best part so far has been the Rob/Russell exchanges by far.

But maybe that's the Survivor fangirl in me. Plus I keep imagining Russell playing FFVI and doing this thread because of your name.

Edited by Tangerine

I was following this thread and got some laughs out of it (Ultros is the best :(), but the best part so far has been the Rob/Russell exchanges by far.

But maybe that's the Survivor fangirl in me. Plus I keep imagining Russell playing FFVI and doing this thread because of your name.

I wish I was Russell. Seriously.

NarshevsEmpire.png

Well, it's not like we saved the town from being razed by Kefka or something like that and you guys still decided to be neutral, the fucking pricks.

Selfish.png

This sounds like an incredible selfish demand coming from humans, I must say. It's almost like humans are entitled to shit, like having a free world and whatnot.

FlyingtheBlackjack.png

In any case, we accept. Fly the Blackjack to the Imperial Outpost and save.

TrainingTerra.png

The goal now is to train Terra to level 26. Ideally, I'd like to have Edgar learn Teleport by the time we finish the Cave to the Sealed Gate but this is near impossible. I believe that this explains my situation perfectly.

3) Gain 50 AP before reaching the end of the Cave to the Seal Gate.

It is impossible to get Terra to level 26 before this time, so you must teach Teleport to one of your character in a very short timeframe. Many battles need to fall into place for this work; it's not easy. In addition to the Blood Sword (and Magicite Shards, covered next), you need to get certain encounters after the mine cart in the Magitek Factory, further complicating the factory. This is what your AP schedule should look like.

-8 AP from the mine cart ride.

-5 AP from Number 128.

-9 AP from 3 encounters after the ride. Specifically, the Chaser with 3 Onion Knights formation.

-1 AP in the first room of the cave, any formation.

-2 AP in the second room from the Outcast x3 formation.

-2 AP in the altering bridge room from a Zombie Dragon formation.

-23 AP in the large room. This takes a minimum of 12 battles. Anywhere you can get more AP before this room, the better off you'll be.

Of everything listed in this section, this is probably the challenge-ending obstacle. I'm just not confident this is possible without taking extra steps.

If you can pull this off, you're a god. If not... don't sweat it. Once Terra learns Teleport, kill her off and you should end up in front of the Observation Post. When I trained Terra, I brought along Sabin, Cyan and Gau as meatshields so that I wasn't really cheating the system (getting Edgar, Setzer and Locke up to level 26 also).

Firstroom.png

The first room of the Cave to the Sealed Gate contains Provokers, Lichs and Antares. Provokers are the only ones who matter since they have a common Holy Water steal. That's quite nice. Just try not to get hit by Imp Song since that's their retaliatory strike.

Lich.png

These guys are incredibly dangerous. They know both Fire and Fira and will use that to decimate your party if !Insanitouch doesn't do that already. Bismarck costs 50 MP to summon but the results are more than worth it. Grab Green Cherries to counter a possible Imp Song from a Provoker.

Outcast.png

The next room contains Outcasts. These things are AWFUL. They're undead (can't drain HP or MP from them), have Lifeshaver and a lot of HP. That being said, they also have a rare Amulet with no common slot. Amulet's are always nice and if you don't damage them, Locke will have an easier time grabbing them.

ZombieDragon.png

I never thought I'd be so happy to see something that sets Zombie. These things are pushovers since they only have a 33% chance of using !Bone on their fourth turn. Even with a seriously nerfed team, if they survive that long, you're doing it wrong. They've got stealable and droppable Phoenix Downs too.

Treasure.png

We're skipping all of the treasures, like usual. Normally this doesn't bother me but I'm skipping over nice stuff like Magicite Shards (I never got from Flans) and Ultima Weapon. Funny how the Ultima Weapon just sits in a treasure chest, waiting to be taken.

Switch.png

It might seem like an extra two steps but hit the switch to make the bridge change. This image was taken after I changed the bridge's position. Continue to the doorway and you're home free!

YourFault.png

You got hustled by a woman and a pedophile. You really only have yourself to blame.

Kefkafight.png

Great, Kefka shows up... again. And just like Sabin's scenario, it's not even interesting watching him beat your party up. Hit him once and the battle ends.

SkullGate.png

Ok... that's not creepy or ominous at all since falling rocks always form the shape of skulls.

Teleport.png

This is the reason why I had to grind Terra up to level 26. As I said before, without doing that, I'd be forced to gain 50 AP for Carbuncle between the IMRF cart ride and the end of this dungeon. I haven't run from a battle and Edgar's been wearing Carbuncle since that time and I'm still only at 62% on Teleport. Hence, Terra needs to know it. However, Edgar needs to know Teleport for Darill's Tomb which means that teaching it to Locke is pointless.

Teleport will save you a bunch of steps here. I'd say about 10 or so. Teleport out and cross the bridge.

Lockeleaping.png

Locke should join the Long Jump team for Canada. The guy jumped all the way from Terra to Setzer (who he's now on) without steroids since Espers are natural male enhancers and therefore legit.

Edgarscrewingup.png

Well shit, if Setzer ain't piloting this hunk of scrap metal, we're all going to die!

ThreeStepsDown.png

The three steps trick works here too. By "choosing" your party, it's an auto warp to the entrance of the Blackjack.

ChocoboStable.png

There's a Chocobo Stable nearby so try to get in a couple of fights before reaching it. On a side note, a 2x Litwor Chicken, Ralph and Wyvern formation gives 1337 gil. Huh. Grab a chocobo and ride it all the way to Vector. Save and pull everything off of Edgar and Setzer.

EsperGateStepCount.png

5472 Steps.

ImperialPalace.png

This is the palace that Emperor Gestahl calls his doghouse. Head inside and start chatting to the Great Dane himself.

Ravaging.png

They ravaged Vector like MJ ravaged me as a little boy. Needless to say, it was not pretty and blood was everywhere.

ToldYouSo.png

The first rule that they should teach in "evil emperor" school should be not to mess with shit that's more powerful than you.

WardBangle.png

To get the Ward Bangle, you need to chat to 24 soldiers in 4 minutes and then suck Gestahl's dick during dinner (figuratively). But if I want to minimize steps, then I should do... nothing! Brilliant, right?

Toast.png

Can I get two scrambled eggs with that toast?

ImprisoningKefka.png

If this were Texas, Kefka get have gotten a FastPass straight to ol' Sparky.

PunishingKefka.png

A beheading or two might be a nice gesture of goodwill.

Obvious.png

Thank you, Captain Obvious. It's not like Banon said this about an hour ago in the game.

Rat.png

Funny, I smell a wet mutt...

LockeandTerra.png

Bet you were missing this. Ever since Locke and Terra fled from Narshe, the two haven't had some quality alone time... until now. I'm actually quite happy that Locke's coming along simply because there's important steals in the next sequence (Gaia Gear, Gold Armour and Golden Shields). Leave Vector and make your way to Albrook. Like I said earlier, if you don't have Dragoon Boots or Green Berets, this is the last chance to grab them.

AlbrookDocks.png

The Albrook port is finally open for business. Leo is on the ship with Shadow (finally get to name the bastard) and Traitor... oops, I mean Celes. Celes will run away and it's time to go to sleep.

TeleportStone.png

Don't forget to grab the Teleport Stone. It costs no extra steps and fuck, it's Teleport. What else could you ask for? In the morning, head back to Leo to shove off.

Emotions.png

Thanks for calling me a robot. Really appreciate it.

LikeKefka.png

Trust me, nobody in the world is like Kefka. Never mind the Empire.

GaiaGear.png

Here's the next vital steal. Briareus carry Gaia Gear as their rare item. The idea is to grab two of them before I hit Thamasa. This isn't a difficult task since Thamasa is a bit of a walk away and Briareus appear in every fight. On top of that, there's nothing in the Common slot which makes this steal pretty easy. Remember to save outside of Thamasa.

ThamasaStepCount.png

6099 Steps.

MeetStrago.png

Meet Strago Magus. Basically, the guy's a loony bin.

Interceptor.png

Shadow here is the model father.

Middleofthenight.png

Head to the inn right afterwards to sleep. Strago will then wake you up and ask for a snuggle.

FlamesBegone.png

Strago fails to put out the burning house and we gotta run in to save Relm. Great, more AP for Locke!

Fitasafiddle.png

Actually Strago, your Lores suck for the most part. So you're pretty much useless, you old geezer.

AquaBreath.png

Aqua Breath is actually quite good here. Terra has Blizzard and Locke on stealing/healing duty since Balloons carry common Phoenix Downs. Fight every pack of Balloons to max out Locke's AP intake.

FlameEater.png

And here we have another simple boss who's been powered up. The best thing to do is to wail on the guy with Aqua Breath, Bismark, Shiva and Blizzard (Blizzara if you have it). If Flame Eater casts Reflect on himself, he'll start bouncing Firagas onto your team. Fun. Aqua Breath goes through Reflect but the best thing to do at that point is attack with the Ice Brand (Blizzard connecting does additional damage). Try to keep everyone alive but don't sweat it if someone dies.

SmokeBomb.png

I've never understood this line. Aren't smoke bombs supposed to confuse your enemies so that you can run away?

Chimera.png

Anyway, we (Terra, Strago and Locke) set off for the Esper Caves to meet us some Espers. And that's when the next tricky thing appears.

Chimeras appear in the forest between Thamasa and the Esper Caves. They drop the Golden Armour which is something that Edgar is going to desperately want for the rest of the game. However... it's a drop, not a steal. That means that on top of forcing a Chimera fight within something like 15 steps, I also need to force a Golden Armour drop. Huh. Great... Once you get it, remember to save outside of the Esper Caves. There's more stuff to get in there and the last thing you want to do is to force another Golden Armour drop.

Adamankary.png

Once you reach the caves, look for Adamankarys. They hold Golden Shields in the Rare steal slot, meaning that Locke has a good chance at grabbing them. However, these things counter Steal with Snort about a good 33% of the time. And I need 2 of these before I finish the dungeon. Grab at least 1 from the first cave (reset if Locke fails on his first battle) and then go through the rest of the cave. If Locke can't snag a second by the end, reset the game and try again.

Yep, tedious. But also important since these are the strongest shields that we're going to have all game.

UltrostheTexan.png

I just realized why some people hate Ultros. He's a Texan! I mean, who else says "purdy"?

Mama.png

OK, this is another fantastic line from Ultros. Almost rivals the Opera line.

EsperCaveUltrosBattle.png

And another Ultros battle. Hitting him with a shitload of spells will force Ultros to start to absorb spells but Bio does do good damage. Pound away at his HP until Relm arrives and then Sketch him to end the battle. It's not hard, just long.

ClowningAround.png

ALRIGHT! WHO DID IT?! WHO LET THE CLOWN OUT OF THE CELL?! I'MMA KILL YOU DEAD FOR DOING IT!

Leo-1.png

Leo is essentially Beatrix v. 1.0. True story. Anyway, it's basically impossible to lose/win this battle, depending on how you look at it.

EspervsKefka.png

I love how this Ifrit Esper can't nail Kefka with a Fire/Fira/Firaga but if I try to hit Kefka with it, it goes through. WHO'S WEAK NOW, BITCH?!

EdgarthePervert.png

I think Edgar's worse than Gatrie. And I have pretty good reason to believe that too. Anyway, save before entering the Blackjack.

FloatingContinentStepCount.png

6574 Steps.

Note: This is possibly the most fun part of the challenge yet. It where you really need to put your thinking cap on when it comes to dealing with the fights. I did this section at least twice completely before the actual attempt so that I knew what to expect (and then I got hit by Cleansing on my actual run, fuck you Setzer since that hurts more than Joker's Death). I also owe another update on the last 4 WoB characters so I'll do that right after this update.

StatuesorSomething.png

I think I'm going to hope for "something" instead of "statues". Especially if it's what I think it is...

Cryingout.png

Maybe it got teased a bit too much at school?

FloatingContinentParty.png

Here's the story. I can only take 3 people for the first part of the Floating Continent, rather than 4. Let's go through all of my options.

Terra - Terra is now retired for good. She cost steps to recruit in the WoR (not many but she's not worth them at all) so she's out.

Sabin - Sabin's also done. I didn't field him during the trip to the Esper Gate and for good reason too (needed to train Edgar, Locke and Setzer).

Strago/Relm/Cyan/Gau - All are out. Gau needs Rages while the other three have little to no Esper spells learned. Not even considering using them.

Edgar/Setzer - These two are a complete lock. Both need the Esper time desperately in order to get through the WoR since I will recruit the pair. In addition, Edgar still hasn't learned Teleport so that priority numero uno. Setzer just needs Rasp by the time I reach Ultima Weapon (there's a shitload of Ethers to steal in this next segment so Osmose isn't the spell I'm looking for even though I'd never turn it down).

Celes - Huh. She's stupidly behind with regards to Esper time (I think her best spell is Thundara for the moment) but I'm not worried since she'll end up learning Blizzaga naturally. Just need to stick Osmose and Haste on her when I can, though. I'd love to field her but her spot will get edged out by...

Locke - Yep. I'm not going to see him again after I finish the Floating Continent but the guy is still clutch. The IAF holds Ethers in the common steal slot (I'm going to get 15+), Ultima Weapon has a rare Ribbon which is a required steal (just as important as the Blood Sword) and other nice steals are available (Hermes Sandals, Angel Ring, Alarm Earring...). So... yeah.

As you can see, the party is therefore Setzer/Locke/Edgar. Celes will join up for the escape but until then, it's just the three guys.

IAF.png

As soon as the scenario starts up, head to the back of the ship. Ultros will appear there after something like 6 battles so you might as well wait for him. Also, Edgar and Setzer cannot be equipped for the first battle. Sucks to be them. Big time. It's a loss of 2 AP but I'm not really crying.

FirstIAFBattle.png

This first battle is hard. Setzer and Edgar are completely unequipped of everything and rely on Tools and Slots for damage. Locke can steal Ethers from every enemy and Spitfires even have Elixirs up for grabs. Flash the right side ASP along with Prismatic Flash (hit all enemies) and use Cura and Mysidian Rabbit for healing (Mysidian Rabbit is surprisingly really good since it quickly heals around 70 HP to all for free. This can keep you alive for an extra turn if needed. If Setzer pulls Dive Bomb or better, start rejoicing.

PartyEquip.png

After the first battle, equip your guys. Edgar needs to finish Teleport ASAP (currently at 72%) and then move onto Shiva for Rasp and Osmose (both at 32%). He really wants to learn Rasp before the Ultima Weapon battle comes up but considering that he'll be sitting at 98% for Teleport upon landing on the Floating Continent, it's not asking for too much. Maybe if I get lucky he'll get it since it has a x4 learning rate (19 AP needed in total). Setzer, on the other hand, needs Rasp (and he'll get it in time) and then Cura or Haste/Shell. Haste/Shell is a must for the Fiend battle and while he'll have it in time, I'm worried about him not having enough AP to learn Vanish for that same battle. And Vanish is a x3 spell, one that he hasn't started working on at all.

As for equipment, deck the guys out in the stuff that we just recently pilfered with Locke. That's 2 Golden Shields, a Golden Armour and a Gaia Gear. That's the endgame equipment, people. Relics can be whatever.

Yeah, that was long. But hell, it's important. I'm at the 3rd last segment of this challenge (Floating Continent, WoR and Kefka's Tower all remain) and I need to make sure that I'm ready for the Warring Triad.

OtherIAFBattles.png

The other IAF battles work the same as the first one except that durability is much less of an issue. If the team needs healing, toss out Mysidian Rabbit as temp healing until Locke can connect with Cura. Take out the right Sky Armor first in order to avoid getting hit from behind by !Propeller (it still hurts badly).

FinalUltrosBattle.png

Really? You sure?

KillingUltros.png

This battle is nothing more than a formality. Ultros has nothing special up his sleeves and neither does Typhon who he summons. It's just a tad long since nobody is going to be doing more damage than 1000 at a time other than Blizzara. Once Typhon Snorts you off of the Blackjack, get ready for some fun.

AirForce.png

People usually refer to this as the hardest fight in the WoB and I never really understand why. And even with a nerfed team, I still don't get it. There are loads of WoB bosses that I think are much tougher than this dude (Guard Leader for one and Ultros 2 can be nasty if you don't kill him fast enough). So where's all the hype from?

Anyway, get ready to start this battle on the defensive. Have Edgar cast Haste on Locke so that your healer is ready to go at a moment's notice. Missile usually single hits for decent damage (150~200 range) while Atomic Rays is the only attack that I can think of that actually hurts and requires a heal immediately. After that, I'd start the stealing for Locke. Missile Bay holds Edgar's Debilitator which is nice but not necessary. In my opinion, the X-Ether from Laser Gun and Elixir from Air Force are better but it never hurts to grab extra stuff.

Bit.png

Once Missile Bay and Laser Gun go down (Mega Flare does hilarious damage and it's always fun watching Bahamut destroy the crap outta shit even though it's a rare pull), Air Force will summon a Bit and charge up for Wave Cannon. The Bit goes down quickly and I advise to take it out fast with stuff like Prismatic Flash and Flash Tool. After that, try to beat out Wave Cannon. Worse comes to worse, have your Dragoon Boots holder jump over it and heal afterwards as necessary. It probably won't be since Air Force should be close to dying and if Setzer can connect with Dive Bomb (I won't count on Mega Flare but I will for Dive Bomb) a couple of times, it should be an easy but fun battle.

Land on the Floating Continent and save at the save point that's placed in your path.

FloatingContinentStepCount-1.png

6585 Steps.

As for equipment, deck the guys out in the stuff that we just recently pilfered with Locke. That's 2 Golden Shields,

Does this mean you didn't equip the Golden Shields at the start of the first battle?

Does this mean you didn't equip the Golden Shields at the start of the first battle?

You can't. The game doesn't allow you to pause between picking your team and starting the first battle. Hence why it annoys me.

Oh during the battle? I didn't think of that but honestly, it wouldn't have helped much. I got hit by the ice move (forgot what it's called).

I also found a run on Youtube which has the guy fighting Gold Dragon, Skull Dragon, having the Minerva Bustier at the end of the game... and here's the kicker, finished it with 8860 steps. I have no clue how he did that and honestly, I want to know. He also had no grinding which means no Teleport on Terra so... yeah.

Edited by King Russell Hantz

You can't. The game doesn't allow you to pause between picking your team and starting the first battle. Hence why it annoys me.

Oh during the battle? I didn't think of that but honestly, it wouldn't have helped much. I got hit by the ice move (forgot what it's called).

Duh. That's why I didn't mention Gaia Gear and the Gold Armor. I also said "at the start of the first battle" rather than "before the first battle". And I don't think that Absolute Zero ignores mdefence, so you probably would have reduced the damage a little bit. It's even blockable, though since Gold Shields don't boost mblock it doesn't make a difference for that.

It doesn't make a huge difference, since armor tends to give bigger defence bonuses than shields. But it would make some small difference. Also you can equip weapons in battle, but in the case of Edgar and Setzer you are probably better off with Tools and Slots anyway so it's not that big a deal. Just that they don't "rely on Tools and Slots for damage" either.

Edited by Narga_Rocks

Duh. That's why I didn't mention Gaia Gear and the Gold Armor. I also said "at the start of the first battle" rather than "before the first battle". And I don't think that Absolute Zero ignores mdefence, so you probably would have reduced the damage a little bit. It's even blockable, though since Gold Shields don't boost mblock it doesn't make a difference for that.

It doesn't make a huge difference, since armor tends to give bigger defence bonuses than shields. But it would make some small difference. Also you can equip weapons in battle, but in the case of Edgar and Setzer you are probably better off with Tools and Slots anyway so it's not that big a deal. Just that they don't "rely on Tools and Slots for damage" either.

Weapons and Shields don't matter. Espers and Relics do.

And Setzer/Edgar are completely reliant on Tools and Slots for damage or for anything. They have no magic. They have no equipped Espers. What else are they going to do? Attack?

Weapons and Shields don't matter. Espers and Relics do.

Except shields do reduce damage. And give an increased chance (albeit not by much) of avoiding physical attacks.

And Setzer/Edgar are completely reliant on Tools and Slots for damage or for anything. They have no magic. They have no equipped Espers. What else are they going to do? Attack?

I believe that's what I said.

ShadowonFC.png

Well, Shadow's about 4 steps away (2 there, 2 back). Guess that we're skipping him.

Dragon.png

I have been bitching to Narga about these things. Dragons have a nightmare AI script. Turn 1 has Revenge Blast, Turn 2 is !Tail (Attack x5), Turn 3 is Snowstorm which still hurts and Turn 4 is Freezing Dust (freezes someone). And they counter with Snort. And if that wasn't bad enough, they have 7000 HP.

Honestly, there's only one way to do this. Hit the Dragon with the Debilitator to change his weakness to Poison, nail him with Bio, Haste him and then wait for the Poison to take hold. Hopefully, Revenge Blast won't get activated and you'll win. If not... reset.

Apocrypha.png

Apocrypha hold Angel Rings and I want three of those ASAP. They also counter with Lv. 3 Confuse, Lv. 4 Flare and Lv. 5 Death. I guess it's a good thing that my levels are 22/23 and I'm immune to all of them. Haha.

The other stuff is easy to deal with. Brainpans have 1000 Needles but only if they're the last one standing so dispose of them ASAP. Misfits have Lifeshaver but 2/3 of my party is immune to it (Locke and Setzer) so it's all good.

Switch1.png

This first switch extends the bridge across the chasm. Hit it and continue on.

Behemoth.png

These guys are kinda hilarious. They hold Hermes' Sandals and only have Attack and !Beatdown (Attack x3). So basically, they're easy to fight. Oh and they're vulnerable to Break so don't even bother attacking them. Also, the Hermes' Sandals are vital so make sure you grab them.

Switch2.png

Hit this switch to lower the platform. Then RETURN the way you came to minimize steps.

Switch3.png

This is the last switch to hit. Do it and Ultima Weapon is mere inches away.

Power.png

Really? Those fucking Tentacles are harder than you.

Ribbon.png

This is another vital steal. You NEED the Ribbon. But there's an Elixir in the Common slot. Get stealing. I got lucky that I stole it on my first try so... yeah.

UltimaWeapon.png

And now, the real battle.

Throw up your defenses with Shell at the very least. I'd even put Haste and Protect on everyone too. After that, just start Rasping Ultima Weapon's MP away. Ultima Weapon dies when his MP hits 0 and if he takes no damage, he sticks to Attack, Flare and Blaze. This fight is pretty easy this way. Just make sure to heal after Flare and Blaze (ST for Flare, MT for Blaze).

PleaseStop.png

Because if you ask nicely, he'll throw away his dreams of world domination. Yes, that makes perfect sense, Celes.

Progeny.png

Can someone look this up in a dictionary for me? And I hope it doesn't mean "offspring".

DrSeuss.png

Kefka channels a bit of Dr. Seuss while destroying the world.

EquippingCeles.png

Make sure that Celes is equipped with an Esper at the very least. She needs Osmose ASAP so Shiva is her best choice. After that, it's Cura and then Reflect/Haste/Protect/Shell so Unicorn -> Carbuncle. Edgar should be working on Death while Setzer needs to complete Carbuncle to then move onto Phantom.

Nelapa.png

Naude's aren't even worth a screenshot since 2 Rasps and they die. As for Nelapa, he takes the cake as the easiest boss in this game. He's got 2800 HP and we've got a 6 minute timer. So he thinks that it's a good idea to hit everyone with Doom. Huh.

Anyway, cast Reflect on one of your guys and bounce Blizzaras onto Nelapa. He's got inherent Reflect which is a tad annoying but not a problem.

LastBlackjackRide.png

Jump onto the Blackjack and watch the scenes. The world gets destroyed and all that jazz.

Character Status:

Celes - Level 22 Rune Knight

[spoiler=Hard Stats]918 HP

287 MP

34 Strength

34 Speed

33 Stamina

38 Magic

124 Attack

143 Defense

27% Evasion

105 Magic Defense

9% Magic Evasion

[spoiler=Equipment and Relics]Icebrand

Mythril Shield

Green Beret

Gaia Gear

Earring

Angel Ring

Shiva

[spoiler=Spells Learned]Cure

Poisona

Blizzard

Thunder

Poison

Thundara

Libra

Rasp - 96%

Protect

Imp

Osmose - 96%

Edgar - Level 24 Machinist

[spoiler=Hard Stats]1098 HP

307 MP

39 Strength

30 Speed

35 Stamina

31 Magic

128 Attack

158 Defense

24% Evasion

95 Magic Defense

1% Magic Evasion

[spoiler=Equipment and Relics]Flametongue

Golden Shield

Green Beret

Golden Armor

Angel Ring

Ribbon

Catoblepas

[spoiler=Spells Learned]Cure - 84%

Blizzard

Thunder - 90%

Poison - 45%

Blizzara

Thundara - 18%

Bio

Break

Death

Rasp

Protect

Haste

Reflect

Shell

Osmose

Teleport

Setzer - Level 24 Gambler

[spoiler=Hard Stats]1086 HP

310 MP

36 Strength

32 Speed

32 Stamina

29 Magic

122 Attack

159 Defense

29% Evasion

110 Magic Defense

11% Magic Evasion

[spoiler=Equipment and Relics]Cards

Golden Shield

Green Beret

Gaia Gear

White Cape

Angel Ring

Phantom

[spoiler=Spells Learned]Cure - 75%

Cura

Esuna - 81%

Blizzard

Blizzara

Gravity - 70%

Rasp

Protect

Haste

Berserk - 42%

Reflect

Shell

Vanish - 42%

Osmose

Teleport - 76%

Dispel - 54%

WorldofBalanceFinalStepCount.png

7037 Steps (1 step before jumping to the Blackjack).