(FE4) Draft

Radiant Dragon

And it won't hurt you, and everyone else? :awesome:

RD has Balmunk and Tirfing. I have freaking Mitsolin and will be getting Gaebolg. :newyears:

And what did I have? Fuckin' Tyrfing, that's what, and I LIKED IT.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And it won't hurt you, and everyone else? :awesome:

RD has Balmunk and Tirfing. I have freaking Mitsolin and will be getting Gaebolg. :newyears:

Mistoltin isn't as useful as you might think. And Gaebolg sucks.

Tyrfing is awesome.

lolmissingoutonyourdancer

Mistoltin is only good against 1 range and mages. (Less so the latter, since Tyrfing is the ultimate magekiller)

That's... like every enemy in the game. The only bow users are like, the bow armors with Hannibal and Scorpio's Bow Knights.

Gaeblog usually has horrible hit. :\ And Altenna can't double consistently.

It gives +10 Skill and has 70 base, giving it effectively 90 hit. Does everything that's not Holsety, Mistoltin, or the Hero Sword has horrible hit?

Tyrfing is awesome.

Its wielder is not. =(

Edited by Paperblade

Epic three chapter update gogogogogogo.

Also, I somehow forgot to take stats for all of these. *headdesk*

Chapter 4: 33/197

ASDFSNOWCHAPTER.

I had to save Dew from so many Blizzard's it's not even funny. ON the plus side, Lex and Tiltyu will fall in love shortly into Chapter 5.

Chapter 5: 26/223

ASDFDESERT.

God. I probably could have shaved off like seven turns if I had decided to give Sigurd the Leg Ring instead of Tiltyu. And that's probably going to hurt me later because lolCeliceisfootunit.

First Generation turncount: 223 turns.

ASDF.

---

Chapter 6: 24/247

Holy fuck I'm slow at this game. Gogogogogogogogogogo Celice/Oifaye duo up to the first castle. Then we murdered Zane Harold. Then I get Femina, who promptly gets her ass handed to her by the miniboss sitting on whatever castle Johalva is the leader of. She runs away, leaving Lex!Arthur to deal with the bitch. Rest of the chapter is a Celice shitstomp.

Ironically, Celice does better against Dannan than Oifaye. Probably because Dannan sent out Zane Harold to deal with Celice, despite the fact that Zane Harold was clearly incompetent.

And yes the previous sentence was so I could use the word Zane Harold as many times as I could.

EDIT: Yeah, Soul's probably going to win. Despite the fact that I have a dancer and he doesn't.

I'm kind of glad he stole Levin from me, though, because now the game is non-trivialized.

Edited by Kamui Gakupo

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, Levin x Tiltyu would indeed give that player an unfair advantage. I was thinking about this. Should the pairing be banned for draft purposes? (Levin x Fury being okay because you get Sety late in the game and he doesn't have a horse.)

Hmm, Levin x Tiltyu would indeed give that player an unfair advantage. I was thinking about this. Should the pairing be banned for draft purposes? (Levin x Fury being okay because you get Sety late in the game and he doesn't have a horse.)

It requires two units unlike other broken/uber units and I don't feel that Arthur is significantly better than the Balmung and Mistolteen users to warrant a ban.

Edit: He can't even use Rescue staff

Edited by Paperblade

Thing is, Trollsety gives the user uber Avo along with attack and massive offense that hits Res. Mitsolin is indeed an excellent powerhouse and a great bosskiller, but it doesn't make it's user borderline invincible. Not to mention Trollsety also has 2-range.

Edited by Soul

The way this round was drafted (and I can't think of a better one), Tiltyu is a mediocre pick for persons 1, 2 and 3, and then becomes a particularly good pick for person 4, assuming Levin x Tiltyu is the intended pairing. Actually, your pick of any female unit depends on your position in the drafting order, because you have to evaluate the chances of getting a good pairing for her - this one is just particularly unbalanced. (Except Ethlin and her awesome mounted heals.)

This round's drafting order: Fury > Ayra > Brigid > Ethlin and Sylvia > Tiltyu > Lachesis > Aideen. Camtech even specifically said s/he* wanted Holsety|Arthur...if Soul had gone for a (more) durable Lynn instead, s/he'd have gotten it too.

I want to play an FE4 draft sometime. Can I be person 4?

*lazy to check gender

No one gets Levin!Arthur anyway, thought. At least not in this round.

We should imitate the Tellius kids and do a Jugdral draft

Then you only have to worry about Fin, Nanna, Sety, and Delmund. Briggid = Evayl

Leaf would be free for Thracia.

The way this round was drafted (and I can't think of a better one), Tiltyu is a mediocre pick for persons 1, 2 and 3, and then becomes a particularly good pick for person 4, assuming Levin x Tiltyu is the intended pairing. Actually, your pick of any female unit depends on your position in the drafting order, because you have to evaluate the chances of getting a good pairing for her - this one is just particularly unbalanced. (Except Ethlin and her awesome mounted heals.)

This round's drafting order: Fury > Ayra > Brigid > Ethlin and Sylvia > Tiltyu > Lachesis > Aideen. Camtech even specifically said s/he* wanted Holsety|Arthur...if Soul had gone for a (more) durable Lynn instead, s/he'd have gotten it too.

I want to play an FE4 draft sometime. Can I be person 4?

*lazy to check gender

Well yeah, Sylvia is pretty awesome to not pick. Tiltyu sucks. Although her son easily compensates that...

This round's drafting order: Fury > Ayra > Brigid > Ethlin and Sylvia > Tiltyu > Lachesis > Aideen. Camtech even specifically said he* wanted Holsety|Arthur...if Soul had gone for a (more) durable Lynn instead, he'd have gotten it too.

I see where you're going here.

I picked Tiltyu with the full intention of either Levin!Tiltyu or, failing that, Lex!Tiltyu. I thought I had a pretty good chance at Levin!Tiltyu because Soul chose Sylvia and Levin!Corple is a terrible pairing.

Well yeah, Sylvia is pretty awesome to not pick. Tiltyu sucks. Although her son easily compensates that...

Arthur makes Tiltyu worth it. Also, you got Sylvia but forgot Leen. What.

Levin!Corple is a terrible pairing

Isn't that different in a draft? I mean even though Sety and Arthur are better choices, Holsety is still Holsety, and if you can get your hands on it, even with Corple (if you weren't lucky enough to get Fury or didn't want Tiltyu), it's amazing.

Yeah, but he's got 5 move for the entire game and will probably promote in the middle of chapter 10 at best (if you're promoting him in 9, you have efficiency issues.) Then you have trouble getting him anywhere to actually use Holsety.

Never needing to worry about Lynn or Corple's survival, though, makes life so much easier. I did Holyn x Sylvia once. By the time I got Corple, low magic wasn't a limitation (Restore doesn't need it, Recover doesn't need it, everything else goes to Rana or Sety or whoever.) On the other hand, having to protect Laylea and Sharlowe when I used them was so troublesome and greatly limited my options for unit placement.

I did Levin x Sylvia too, and frankly speaking, Holsety got used about twice in the Epilogue chapter. Only place I can see Holsety|Corple being useful is Burian's group of axeknights.

Summary: I do Sylvia pairings based on the benefits to Lynn.

*kicks thread*

WAKE UP.

Chapter 7: 46 turns + 3 turn penalty = 49/293

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK THAT WAS LONG.

I promoted Celice in the base, because lolEliteRing. Then I sold the ring and went on a shitstomp rampage. HOWEVER, the RNG fucked me over sooo many times on my way to Ishtor it's not even funny.

Also, Ambush!Wrath!Arthur/Tinny are beastly.

PENALTIES

Shanan did me a favor by killing Blume for me. XD

Chapter 8: 19/312

Oh. My. God.

That was the fastest clear I've ever had at this game. LegRing!Laylea is broooooken.

Basically, the chapter went like this:

Celice shitstomps everything.

Everyone else mops up.

Laylea dances.

Repeat.

---

I also had a minor heart attack when I realized that I forgot to guard the castle from Ridale that one mage knight who attacks Lenster. Then I remembered that Oifaye was in the castle, so he tanked the 10 or so cavs and mage knight for four turns or so while I bumrushed Conote.

Edited by Kamui Gakupo

• 2 weeks later...

UP! UP! UP AND AT 'EM.

Unless you guys want me to end up shitstomping you... XD

Chapter 9: 22 turns + 3 penalty = 25/332 turns

FUCK YES THAT FELT GOOD. Celice roflstomp, full stop. Hawk's manliness did the rest, ORKOing Arione and everything. I even got Hanniballs :wub: ...

Penalty is because I used Shanan to help me deal with Hannibal's asdf Lead Stars.

Edited by Camtech075