[FE10] Draft Playthrough the Fourth

Naglfar

We all love drafts. I'd like to start another. Beginning signups for a new draft thread, seven spots!

I have altered the rules. Make sure you're familiar with them. Anything changed is in bold, anything make clearer is in italic.

- Normal mode.

- No transfers or battle save abuse.

- Ike, Micaiah and Sothe are free to use for everyone. Sothe, however, must be drafted for use in 4-E.

- The only characters you can deploy are those you drafted, or those who are needed to recruit another character (can be any character). Also as always the recruiter characters can't be used. Forced units that you did not choose must not be used at all, and recruiter characters may not be used except for recruiting purposes lest the player incur a 3 turn penalty.. NO ferrying, shoving, visiting houses, getting items off the ground, meatshielding.

- Certain chapters where you do not have a character, you pay a penalty for using a character that you do not have. The turn penalty is below.

- BK is fair game in all chapters for which he is forced (1-9 and 3-6). The player who drafts Lehran may deploy and use him in 1-E.

- You can move skills around freely.

- BEXP use is allowed.

- The player who drafts Haar may have to incur a penalty to deploy him. The nature of this penalty depends on the chapter.

Lords and drafted Characters

During this draft, each participant (the order is predetermined but randomly decided) will be allowed to choose a single character per round out of the list to use during this playthrough, excluding the lords which everyone can use, and no one else may use them unless they pay a penalty based on their placement on the tier list. As each round progresses, the number of units remaining will decrease so make sure to grab any units you'll be wanting to use early because they are likely to be gone fairly quick.

What can't a non lord/non selected forced/recruiter unit do, without incurring a penalty?

1. Engage in combat. So either keep them out of the enemies range or you will take a penalty. This includes meatshielding

2. Steal or find hidden items

3. Heal units

4. Create supports

5. Shove drafted units/Ike/Micaiah/Sothe

6. Ferry drafted units/Ike/Micaiah/Sothe

7. Visit houses

8. Use galdrar

Forced Character Penalties

1-P: Edward(3) Leo(2)

1-1: Edward/Nolan (3) Leo(2)

1-2: Edward/Nolan/Laura (3) Leo(2)

1-3: Edward/Nolan/Laura/Ilyana (3) Leo(2)

1-4: None*

1-5: Volug(5)

1-6-1: Tauroneo(6) Volug(4)

1-6-2: Tauroneo(6) Volug(4)

1-7: Volug/Muarim/Tormod(4) Vika(3)

1-8: Nailah/Rafiel(6), Tormod/Muarim/Volug(4) Vika(3)

1-9: None*

1-E: Volug (4)

2-P : 3 for everyone, one non drafted character may be used free of penalty

2-1 : Neph/Brom(3)

2-2 : Lucia/Mordy(4) The rest(3)

2-3 : Kieran/Geoffrey(3)

2-E : Elincia(5) Marcia/CRK(3)

3-P : Gatrie/Titania(5) Shinon/Oscar/Boyd/Mia(4) Rhys/Mist/Soren/Rolf(3)

3-1 : Gatrie/Titania(5) Shinon/Oscar/Boyd/Mia(4) Rhys/Mist/Soren/Rolf(3)

3-2 : Haar(1)**

3-3 : Haar(4)** You can deploy one undrafted 6 move unit to 3-3 without penalty.

3-4 : Ranulf(4) Haar(3)**

3-5 : Haar(1)**

3-6 : None*

3-7 : Ranulf/Janaff/Ulki(4)

3-8 : Ranulf(4) Haar(1)**

3-9 : Geoffrey(3)

3-10 : Ranulf(4) Haar(1)**

3-11 : Leanne(5) Ranulf(4) Sigrun/Tanith(3) Haar(4)**

3-12 : Tauroneo (6)

3-13 : Tauroneo (6)

3-E : Ranulf/Sigrun(3) Haar(1)**

4-P : Skrimir(4) Naesala(5) Sigrun/Sanaki(3)

4-1 : None*

4-2 : Tibarn (7) Elincia (4)

4-3 : Skrimir(4) Sigrun/Sanaki(3)

4-4 : Muarim/Tormod/Vika(3)

4-5 : Tibarn (7) Elincia (4)

* The chapters with no penalties do NOT mean you can use anybody in that chapter. They just mean that no one besides Ike/Micaiah/Sothe are forced, and therefore the only people in play should be them and the people you drafted.

** Haar may not be deployed unless he is drafted. The listed penalties are to be incurred by the player who drafts Haar as a cost for deploying him.

Our list of units, from the tier list:

High

Upper Middle

Middle

Lower Middle

Low

Bottom

Lyre

Drafting order!

1. Kevin

2. JBCWK

3. Naglfar

4. Balcerzak

5. Pariah

6. WeaponsofMassConstruction

7. Shibeebaba

[spoiler=Teams]

Kevin

Nolan

Boyd

Janaff

Reyson

Ulki

Nealuchi

Ranulf

Meg

Nasir

Oliver

JBCWK

Edward

Gatrie

Haar

Geoffrey

Naesala

Caineghis

Tormod

Volke

Renning

Endgame Sothe

Naglfar

Jill

Oscar

Mordecai

Skrimir

Laura

Rolf

Rhys

Pelleas

Lehran

Bastian

Balcerzak

Volug

Mia

Marcia

Tibarn

Rafiel

Soren

Muarim

Giffca

Stefan

Gareth

Pariah

Nailah

Elincia

Shinon

Kieran

Tauroneo

Leonardo

Mist

Sanaki

Kyza

Kurthnaga

WeaponsofMassConstruction

Titania

Aran

Ilyana

Calill

Leanne

Lucia

Makalov

Lethe

Vika

Lyre

Shibeebaba

Nephenee

Zihark

Brom

Heather

Tanith

Sigrun

Danved

Ena

Astrid

Fiona

Edited by Naglfar

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As the Keeper of That Glorious Thread, I'll send feelers to JB and Paperblade. I'll request a reservation for JB for the time being because he specifically requested FE10.

You might as well make it clear if undrafted units can or cannot rescue other undrafted units. Since its always seems to be a question that pops up.

Anyway, i'd join but i let my friend borrow it.

You might as well make it clear if undrafted units can or cannot rescue other undrafted units. Since its always seems to be a question that pops up.

Anyway, i'd join but i let my friend borrow it.

I'm pretty sure it's clear enough that you can do that.

All RD drafts before have been NM bar one and he didn't specifically state HM, so I'd assume no.

I'd found that a lot of the rules were missing for some reason. It's not easy to remember all of the missing rules.

Waiting to see what's happening with Balcerzak and JB.

Edited by Naglfar

I'm in if I still can, provided it's NM.

Also...

Forced units that you did not choose must not be used at all lest the player incur a 3 turn penalty.

There's already penalties for forced units. For example, it already says 6 for Nailah in 1-8.

Edited by JBCWK

Shit, I mustn't have been paying attention to what I was editing. Let me fix that.

Okay, signups are full. My apologies, Xander. You responded slightly late.

And beginning now. Kirsche picks first.

Edited by Naglfar

- The player who drafts Haar may have to incur a penalty to deploy him. The nature of this penalty depends on the chapter.

These penalties are pretty harsh. 4 turns for 3-11? I could bexp Tanith and just get the 3 turn. Where's the incentive for using him? Even drafting him seems a massive chore.

Nolan is probably next best, then.

Edited by Kevin

Why did you put "Endgame Sothe" so up at High? Why not just "Sothe", since we know how awful he is at Endgame.

The tier list doesn't really apply to drafts anyway, seeing as drafts prevent us from using about 80% of the cast and are on Normal Mode.

He pretty much sucks at Endgame, even if trained as well. I think he's only *decent* in EM with Adept by Endgame. But lol, what idiot would draft Sothe for Endgame? At least Dragons have their utility. It's not even safe for Sothe to go up to the only chest at 4-E.

Edited by Soul

The Haar penalties are there to reign in his ridiculous advantages and maybe make the player who drafts him get a little creative. Best case scenario he's not picked first in every goddamn draft. They've been thought through, but they may yet be too steep. We'll just have to find out.

As for Endgame Sothe, it was all I could think of to round out 70 units. He's clearly not good, but I'm mister OCD so whatever.

Kirsche, that was a bit vague. Are you drafting Nolan?

Edited by Naglfar

The Haar penalties are there to reign in his ridiculous advantages and maybe make the player who drafts him get a little creative. Best case scenario he's not picked first in every goddamn draft. They've been thought through, but they may yet be too steep. We'll just have to find out.

Except all the chapters he's good in he now sucks because of the penalties. Like I said, I could shove all my BEXP into Tanith and take a 3 turn penalty instead of a 4 turn.

Kirsche, that was a bit vague. Are you drafting Nolan?

Yes.

Except all the chapters he's good in he now sucks because of the penalties. Like I said, I could shove all my BEXP into Tanith and take a 3 turn penalty instead of a 4 turn.

Yes.

Seems it's a bit late to change it now, but I'll look into it further.

JB said if you draft Nolan, he takes Edward...

And I'll have Jill.

Edited by Naglfar