I feel terrible..

Darros

So I've never really liked my middle name. I've never found it flowing with the rest of my name. Its a nice name, just not with the rest of my name..

Anyway, so I told mom that today and she got pissed off. I didn't understand, so I asked why. This is still how my parents think so she got mad and told me it was her mothers maiden name. Her mom died when she was 4. She has a stepmom (The one who is in remission from cancer right now). Apparantly she told me this before but I don't remember ever hearing it.

I apologized, but she still is giving me a bit of a cold shoulder treatment...

Reminds me of the time I told my dad that he could never be a good father because he didnt have one. My grandfather died when my dad was four. I havent talked with my father much since then. Its the usual "Hey son.", "Hi dad." when we do meet. To top it off, stuff like that is usual personal. In your case, I'm assuming you had no idea how sensitive it was but you need to tread cautiously when you're talking to your parent. They tend to get offended easily.

IF you're gonna apologize to someone, make sure you state why it made them angry. They'll feel like you understand them, and it's good practice in understanding people. And don't get all self-righteous and say stuff like "I just forget and stuff you know", they don't care why you dunnit, only that you dunnit.

To be honest, it's just a name. I don't really think your mom should really get that butthurt over it, but whatever. My parents don't make sense either. o.o

Edited by Fireman

Yes, what Kai said to his parents is much worse.

Me, I tend not to care if I offend my parents because they go out of their way to offend me, but as a result I typically avoid them to where I can't offend them to begin with.

Edited by ~~~ Juggalo sTyLe ~~~

Reminds me of the time I told my dad that he could never be a good father because he didnt have one. My grandfather died when my dad was four. I havent talked with my father much since then. Its the usual "Hey son.", "Hi dad." when we do meet. To top it off, stuff like that is usual personal. In your case, I'm assuming you had no idea how sensitive it was but you need to tread cautiously when you're talking to your parent. They tend to get offended easily.

Not only is that untrue, but what the hell drove you to say that? If you don't mind my asking of course hehe.

Edited by Phoenix Wright

So I've never really liked my middle name. I've never found it flowing with the rest of my name. Its a nice name, just not with the rest of my name..

Anyway, so I told mom that today and she got pissed off. I didn't understand, so I asked why. This is still how my parents think so she got mad and told me it was her mothers maiden name. Her mom died when she was 4. She has a stepmom (The one who is in remission from cancer right now). Apparantly she told me this before but I don't remember ever hearing it.

I apologized, but she still is giving me a bit of a cold shoulder treatment...

Remind her of the fact that the belief that people don't forget things is fucking stupid.

Then she might come around.

Man some people have really stupid parents.

Seriously, getting mad at you for not wanting to have kids? The fuck is this shit?

Mine wouldn't get upset with me if I remained childless, but I know they want me to marry and have kids. Had I come home pregnant while in high school, my parents would've killed me.

Everyone has their own expectations for their children. Some are more stringent than others.

If you were 4, wouldn't he had to have been at least 20? If so, he had his dad (perhaps) for 20 years already. Why'd you say that? It would make so sense in an argument.

If you were 4, wouldn't he had to have been at least 20? If so, he had his dad (perhaps) for 20 years already. Why'd you say that? It would make so sense in an argument.

I think his dad was a wee toddler when his father died.

derp.

Also, I was like 8. I had no idea what I was talking about. It wasn't until I got older that I realized how much it hurt him.

• 1 month later...

Well I used to HATE my middle name too and my parents knew it, they did not get upset or anything when I expressed my feelings about the name, instead they (and my siblings) teased me about it and they still do which is very annoying >.<

But it grew on me and I kind of like it now and a bonus is that I share it with a fire emblem character :D

My middle name is Elise by the way :)

That seems like a bit of an overreaction over the name. I mean, I get it that there's some sentimental value (pardon my awful speech this late evening XD) to it, but yeah, I wouldn't get ticked at someone for not liking a name they didn't have any choice over. =/

On the subject of loinmonsters...um, I mean kids, I doubt I'll ever have any. Pregnancy/childbirth scare me and I don't really have the instincts necessary to care for a child. My instincts are much different than that of most people, so while I wouldn't be a bad parent, by normal standards, I'd be seen as a horrible mother. Not that I want any loinmonsters anyway....