Astrid's Fiancee (Did I spell that right?)

fefan117

Not sure if anyone else knows this already, but if you bring Astrid to the Endgame of Part 4 and make her battle Lekain it initiates a conversation where she says that not marrying him was the best choice of her life.

If I were her, I would've rather married Lekain than Makalov....

Tagging along with Makalov is, at the least, interesting.

I think here, though, the only way to win is not to play.

Edited by Furetchen

Gatrie was her best choice, IS ruined her ending. I still have to say Makalov is better than Lekain, at least she fights which is better than being a toy wife in the least. If she were paired with Lekain she would of been like the queen from FE7 but alot more unhappier. She would of died with him too unless she was a turn-good character.

Edited by Queen_Elincia

IS must hate her. They gave her shitty stats and shittier marriage choices. I bet they meant for her to be bad in PoR as well but didn't realize how high experience gain was there.

I never thought of it that way, in this game they took away the good availability from her they clearly hated her. However I get the feeling IS preffers inefficient play over efficient play, their favorite is Meg after all one of the crappiest units and it makes me by that logic they probably loved Astrid ^^'.

A man would be a fiancé, a woman is a fiancée. (Accents are often omitted.)

On topic, I think not only did IS troll her in availability, combat parameters, and love life in RD, but her sprite is uglier as well.

A man would be a fiancé, a woman is a fiancée. (Accents are often omitted.)

On topic, I think not only did IS troll her in availability, combat parameters, and love life in RD, but her sprite is uglier as well.

Sad thing is that even over three years, her personality hasn't changed in the slightest. Although that goes for many characters, it's especially odd in Astrid's case. I mean, it could be expected that she'd be naive and gullible in FE9, where she was just a sheltered noble. But she fought in the Mad King's War and has been a Crimean Royal Knight for three years and she's still an oblivious cow. It's a shame, because it would have been nice to see a real relationship develop between Astrid and Makalov where he encourages her to be less naive (because he doesn't want anyone to screw her over) and she encourages him to be more compassionate (because she knows he's a good person deep down). Certainly, it would have been a lot more interesting than 95% of Fire Emblem romances.

What a wasted opportunity...

Edited by Anouleth

If I were her, I would've rather married Lekain than Makalov....

You can't be serious. Hoping that this is sarcasm.

Gatrie was her best choice, IS ruined her ending.

They always did love each other until IS probably forgot about their relationship later.

Keeping her unpaired is the kindest thing you can do to Astrid in FE10.

qft

I never thought of it that way, in this game they took away the good availability from her they clearly hated her. However I get the feeling IS preffers inefficient play over efficient play, their favorite is Meg after all one of the crappiest units and it makes me by that logic they probably loved Astrid ^^'.

No, they purposely nerfed her, because of her Paragon skill; and her great growths made her too invincible in FE9. And Meg isn't crap if you promote her early at around LV 15 each.

They only lowered her availibility, only becaause of her Paragon skill that costs her no skill points. And they made her to love Makalov, so that he can have a set on straight clean mind. But like the ending said "Miraculously, he was never fired!" They wanted to make a challenge with her combat parameters, because of her fast EXP gains by making her only good with the transfer data. So they want you to play throughout POR to continue to make her good in the sequel.

Edited by Wilhelmina

You can't be serious. Hoping that this is sarcasm.

Lets see: Lekain is a rich Begnion senator with loads of power and influence. Makalov on the other hand, is a loser who runs up large gambling debts and relies on his sister to bail him out.

So yeah, if I were Astrid, Lekain would be my husband of choice.

Lets see: Lekain is a rich Begnion senator with loads of power and influence. Makalov on the other hand, is a loser who runs up large gambling debts and relies on his sister to bail him out.

Are you forgetting everything else we know about Lekain? Money alone is not a good reason to marry someone, given you actually have to live with them after and deal with them day to day. Makalov may have a horrible gambling problem, and be quite bad at the gambling itself, but he probably treats her well when they are alone together. I'd be extremely surprised if Lekain even knows how to treat a lady well.

Major Spoilers

I suggest not reading this if you have not finished the game.

You know he is the cause of everything in both of these games. The real truth behind the scenes of everything is because of Lekain. He murdered the aposle, the blame was put on the Herons. He burned the forest killing Lehrans kingdom, Lehran thought that the citizens killed his kingdom. So, he says to screw all humans and plans to purify the world because of it! The blood pact insident was Lekains plan to free the goddess. Lehran was egged on with this insident and that he released the goddess afterwards. In both of these games Lekain is to blame for all of their troubles.

And don't go reguarding why he didn't know about the medallion if Ike engages battle with him. It's because...

Why else would Lekain not be around the conflict at Part III Endgame? Because he wanted to keep it secret, so that goddess Ashera could protect him when she gets freed.

Are you forgetting everything else we know about Lekain? Money alone is not a good reason to marry someone, given you actually have to live with them after and deal with them day to day. Makalov may have a horrible gambling problem, and be quite bad at the gambling itself, but he probably treats her well when they are alone together. I'd be extremely surprised if Lekain even knows how to treat a lady well.

Who said anything about living with him, I assumed the plan was to kill him shortly after so you'd still end up inheriting all that wealth.

you forget Astrid just ran away from being a royal, I don't think her marrying Lekain would've changed her life in any way positive. Makalov's way of life is something new and exciting for her, something she had probably never had before...

As if Astrid could kill Lekain with those base stats. Hell, she'd barely even damage him.

She could hire Volke to do it, or catch the bad AIDs and pass them on to him

Who said anything about living with him, I assumed the plan was to kill him shortly after so you'd still end up inheriting all that wealth.

You think Astrid is capable of that? Not just personality, but being able to successfully kill anything on her own in RD?

Also I highly doubt it would be so easy to murder a senator in such a way that she doesn't get caught.