3DS US Launch Titles Announced?

Venusaur

http://www.destructoid.com/3ds-north-american-launch-titles-192044.phtml

Nintendo has listed the titles that will be available in North America for the 3DS' launch. Touting the biggest third-party launch lineup in Nintendo's history, there appears to be something for everybody. The first three titles are first party, the rest is all up to the outside publishers:

Pilotwings Resort

Nintendogs + Cats

Steeldiver

Dead or Alive

Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 3D

Madden NFL

Super Street Fighter IV 3D

Asphalt 3D

Combat of Giants: Dinosaurs 3D

Ridge Racer 3D

Resident Evil: The Mercenaries

LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars

Nintendo claims it should have over thirty titles before June and a library that covers all genres.

If these really are the launch titles, I'm hard pressed over which one(s) to get...

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, though, if they're going to release the 3DS in the U.S., it should come with SF64 as a launch title. Or something else. None of those are seller titles.

Might just be me, but it doesn't seem like a half bad launch line up. Looks about the same as the original DS's.

I was thinking of getting Nintendogs + Cats on launch, but the high UK price for the 3DS is putting me off. I have a feeling the price won't be dropping for a long long time, but still...

I believe Vince commented on the price part already.

Wasn't this known quite some time ago?

EDIT: That launch list is shittier than the one I recall.

It's been out for a little bit. Information always seems to filter slowly, especially on the internet where things travel so fast.

I believe Vince commented on the price part already.

It's been out for a little bit. Information always seems to filter slowly, especially on the internet where things travel so fast.

I just saw there was no topic on the launch titles, so I decided to make one to see what you guys thought.

That and I get free advertising points on VDex from my sig!

It isn't if you use the most recent entries into the Star Fox series as your expectations for it.

Even the older Star Foxes weren't big sellers. Star Fox 64 only sold 5.5 million, which is good but hardly good enough to be a 'launch title', especially when you compare it to games like NSMB (25 million) or Nintendogs (24 million) or Mario Kart DS (22 million) which are sure-fire big sellers.

Well I already had one preordered and I wanted Street Fighter from the beginning.

That and I got Golden Sun which I can't play right now since I don't have a DS, but I didn't feel like emulate it. The kind of game I'd play on my way to work/breaks/etc.

Edited by Dio

they should have launched OoT with it, that would get many old nintendo fans to get it on the first day. Anywho, none of the list looks interesting for me. I thank for that since i'll have to wait a bit until i can get 3ds, hopefully by then Paper mario, Mario kart, MGS3 and MEGAMAN LEGENDS 3 are out.

Even the older Star Foxes weren't big sellers. Star Fox 64 only sold 5.5 million, which is good but hardly good enough to be a 'launch title', especially when you compare it to games like NSMB (25 million) or Nintendogs (24 million) or Mario Kart DS (22 million) which are sure-fire big sellers.

Amount sold isn't a full-fold indicator of how great a game is, however. You didn't mention anything about the lack of intense advertising, and brandname, Starfox was given. Your comparisons you game are riding on a huge wave of marketing, and not to mention pack-ins.

To give perspective, if amount made indicated how great something was. Justin Bieber would be incomparable in awesomeness. Including his film.

Amount sold isn't a full-fold indicator of how great a game is, however. You didn't mention anything about the lack of intense advertising, and brandname, Starfox was given. Your comparisons you game are riding on a huge wave of marketing, and not to mention pack-ins.

A launch title is intended to sell a console. Obviously, you should have your very best sellers as launch titles.

Furby originally said that SF64DS should be released as a launch title, and he implied it was because the 3DS didn't have a good 'seller' title. Anyone who looks at the sales data knows this to be false because SF64 wasn't that good a 'seller' title in the first place and Nintendogs is a great 'seller' title.

What irks me of the 3DS's line up is that there is no true expanded market title.

Sure, there is Nintendogs but that one belongs to Nintendo's core titles now and there are people who will get the latest Nintendo console for a new Nintendogs as there are people who do the same for a new Mario and Zelda.

There might Steel Diver though, but I know you guys won't buy it and later bemoan how Nintendo doesn't make new IPs.

Furby originally said that SF64DS should be released as a launch title, and he implied it was because the 3DS didn't have a good 'seller' title. Anyone who looks at the sales data knows this to be false because SF64 wasn't that good a 'seller' title in the first place and Nintendogs is a great 'seller' title.

If Nintendogs is considered a better game all around then SF64, I'll eat my foot.

I don't necessarily mean in terms of sales. I mean in terms of an "it" game. A game that makes you want to pick up the system and keep buying games for it. Nintendogs isn't that game. I put SF64 up for it simply because they've mentioned it, and I would imagine more people would drop $250 for a system that has SF64 then the other things.

If Nintendogs is considered a better game all around then SF64, I'll eat my foot.

I'm not saying that it's a better game. But it is better selling.

I don't necessarily mean in terms of sales. I mean in terms of an "it" game. A game that makes you want to pick up the system and keep buying games for it. Nintendogs isn't that game. I put SF64 up for it simply because they've mentioned it, and I would imagine more people would drop $250 for a system that has SF64 then the other things.

You can imagine whatever you want. In reality, Nintendogs sells extremely well, and Star Fox does not sell nearly as well. In fact, Nintendogs was at one point the best-selling first-party DS game.

Clearly I was referring to the quality of the game. Sales figures have nothing to do with the game's quality. If sales figures meant anything about game quality then Wii Sports would be the best game ever.

Edited by General Spoon

Clearly I was referring to the quality of the game. Sales figures have nothing to do with the game's quality. If sales figures meant anything about game quality then Wii Sports would be the best game ever.

Clearly you weren't. Ike-Mike said:

SF64 isn't a seller title either.

Obviously, he was pointing out that SF64 doesn't have amazingly high sales, like many other franchises in Nintendo's library. You responded:

It isn't if you use the most recent entries into the Star Fox series as your expectations for it.

You were NOT talking about the quality of the game. You were talking about the sales of the game. What do you think that 'seller title' means if not a title that sells well?

Clearly you weren't. Ike-Mike said:

Obviously, he was pointing out that SF64 doesn't have amazingly high sales, like many other franchises in Nintendo's library. You responded:

You were NOT talking about the quality of the game. You were talking about the sales of the game. What do you think that 'seller title' means if not a title that sells well?

When I say expectations I mean what you expect out of other games in the series based on the quality of one of the games in the series. Apparently this wasn't clear enough, and you now think I'm some kind of moron who uses sales figures to determine if a game is worth playing.