• Replies 37.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zak Something

• CrashGordon94

• Robert Stewart

• Ein

Are there any villains in fiction you feel particularly bad for? (as in, you pity them for the things they've experienced before or during their time as a villain)

13 hours ago, Magillanica Lou Mayvin said:

Umm... I'm not sure if I understood it correctly.

Positive: Everyone deserves attention and respect. 

Negative: I can't do this.

Also the target of my previous question wasn't to judge any of these two. (sry for my unprecise wording) Just was curious what do you think of a political system in which you can become elected with the minority of votes.

Don't worry. Those were the kind of quotes I was looking for.

As for reanswering the question on voting, I actually don't exactly know what being elected with the minority of votes means (it's been a while since that stuff was taught to me in high school and I don't follow politics too much). I will say that I think whoever gets the most votes of all available candidates should be the one to win, even if it's by a 1 vote lead.

What personality traits would you prioritize the most in a potential girlfriend/wife?

@ Al: Reverse Flash/Eobard Thawne is the main one that comes to mind right now, especially since these days I constantly go through that feeling of admiring people that are destined to hate you/never reciprocate the admiration you have for them (which is what caused Eobard Thawne to break down and become a villain in the first place). I mean, I definitely don't believe Reverse Flash is in the right and I wouldn't travel down the same path he did, but I can definitely understand feeling hollowed out and broken from having his respect and love for The Flash backfire.

And keep in mind, even though the CW Reverse Flash strictly wanted to turn into The Flash (which isn't exactly as sympathetic a backstory), the past incarnations in other comics did explicitly state he only wanted to meet The Flash at first.

15 hours ago, Robert of Normandy said:

Have you ever had gumbo?

I don't know what it is, so no.

8 hours ago, Randoman said:

As for reanswering the question on voting, I actually don't exactly know what being elected with the minority of votes means (it's been a while since that stuff was taught to me in high school and I don't follow politics too much). I will say that I think whoever gets the most votes of all available candidates should be the one to win, even if it's by a 1 vote lead.

The US presedential election system is based on the presidential electors. They're voted in each state. Their number depends on the population (I believe). And this is the thing.

For example: If you win a big state like Florida or California closely and lose a small state like Conneticut, you can still win the election although for not having the majority of votes (because the votes go indireclty over the states). It was exact the case for Trump's victory. He won FL closely while Clinton rather won the small states.

Favorite present you got of all time?

What are your favorite traits in fictional villains?

19 hours ago, Randoman said:

Are there any villains in fiction you feel particularly bad for? (as in, you pity them for the things they've experienced before or during their time as a villain)

Do you mean specifically main antagonists? I feel bad for characters like Shiharam, but other than that I can't think of anything.

What character personality archetypes do you like and dislike the most? (Eg: the gung-ho, wreckless hero, the old, wise, bitter sage, etc.)

12 hours ago, Trisitei said:

Favorite flavor of juice?

Cranberry and pineapple juice come to mind. And I'm not sure if you'd count lemonade and limeade as juice, but I enjoy them as well.

11 hours ago, Magillanica Lou Mayvin said:

The US presedential election system is based on the presidential electors. They're voted in each state. Their number depends on the population (I believe). And this is the thing.

For example: If you win a big state like Florida or California closely and lose a small state like Conneticut, you can still win the election although for not having the majority of votes (because the votes go indireclty over the states). It was exact the case for Trump's victory. He won FL closely while Clinton rather won the small states.

Ah. Well, I'd definitely consider counting every vote individually (disregarding the state the vote is from) to be a more fair system. But I suppose that's still an acceptable method of electing presidents.

Strangest thing you've ever eaten?

1 hour ago, Randoman said:

What character personality archetypes do you like and dislike the most? (Eg: the gung-ho, wreckless hero, the old, wise, bitter sage, etc.)

Dunno about archetypes, I suppose it comes down to execution. I tend to dislike characters who are constantly dicks to everyone, if that counts for something.

Err...Jules, I asked about Echoes(the Gaiden remake), not Heroes(the mobile game).

30 minutes ago, Magillanica Lou Mayvin said:

Do you think FE for the mobile phone was a good idea?

I suppose. It's fun to play for a short while, and it gets some more recognition for FE as a whole and for the older games within the fandom. And I'm sure it's plenty profitable for IS.

Are there any games/movies that are generally considered bad that you'd want to play/watch? (Eg: Big Rigs, Little Panda Fighter, etc.)

1 hour ago, Magillanica Lou Mayvin said:

Do you think that the existence of videogame consoles in endangered in near future?

Not anytime soon. They're still going strong, and if the selling out of Nintendo Switch consoles/launch game pre-orders is anything to go by, there's still a heavy demand and a market for them.

1 hour ago, Robert of Normandy said:

How are you feeling about Fire Emblem Echoes?

Whoops... misread.

Looks like an interesting game, I definitely expect sth. better than 13 and 14 storywise. Gameplaywise Idk yet. I don't hope everything will be taken over from the original. Having weapon triangle at least would be quite nice...

How do you feel about the rising of DLCs in videogames?

favorite fruit?

19 hours ago, Magillanica Lou Mayvin said:

Favorite present you got of all time?

eh
i'm not entirely sure

i guess my ps4 but i don't know
don't feel anything entirely special from it

Opinion on the topic of climate change? (I don't know if you were asked this or not.)

On 2017年2月27日 at 10:51 PM, Randoman said:

What personality traits would you prioritize the most in a potential girlfriend/wife?

Namely intelligent, although not to the extent of being a "know-it-all". Also being unafraid to tell her boyfriend/husband if he's in the wrong, no matter the consequences. And caring, which is an obvious one. And funny, since I wouldn't want her to be a "stick-in-the-mud". I do believe that I may have fallen in love with one who has all of those traits sometime ago back in high school. And it's someone I still talk to as time went on.

Edited by Just call me AL

A good joke you heard recently 

On 2/28/2017 at 11:53 PM, Magillanica Lou Mayvin said:

Five things you need for a good holiday trip?

Peace

quiet

a nice looking area

being alone 

a good story to pass the time 

How much do you personally try to avoid lewd thoughts/games/shows in general?

On 2/28/2017 at 1:50 PM, Magillanica Lou Mayvin said:

How do you feel about the rising of DLCs in videogames?

As long as it's done well and fairly, I suppose it's acceptable. For example, if DLC adds to an already complete feeling game (like New Super Luigi U, the extra Shovel Knight campaigns, or the extra cups in Mario Kart 8), I feel that's good. Though if it's content that's on-disc, or done like the whole Darkseid in Injustice 2 method, I feel that's bad.

I have to say, though, when DLC gets to the point that buying all of it costs as much as half the original game or more, I can't help but feel like that's messed up, even if the base game feels complete enough.

And I thought I'd throw it out there that I definitely applaud free DLC and don't have nearly as much of a problem with it as paid DLC. The extra Shovel Knight campaigns are a really good example.

How come you don't have a favorite FE title listed? Wasn't your favorite title in the series Shadow Dragon or Mystery of the Emblem?

As for whether or not I feel comfortable posting in the Serious Discussion thread, I don't actually mind posting in it. I just don't post often there. Especially now, since my schedule is pretty constrained.

How would you personally describe the morals and values you personally uphold? (Eg: do you always trying to do the right thing while not forcing your views on others, or do you make sure innocent people don't fall victim to others even if it means enforcing your morals on those who cause innocents harm, etc.)

1 hour ago, Just call me AL said:

How come you don't have a favorite FE title listed? Wasn't your favorite title in the series Shadow Dragon or Mystery of the Emblem?

It's something I've deeply engraved in my mind not to do. Essentially, on SF back before the 3DS FE days, there were quite a lot of... unreasonable... FE4 fans who if you so much as criticized FE4, they'd bash on whatever you had listed as your favourite FE (FE4 fans in particular did that more commonly than the fans of other FE games). It was quite bad to the point of me thinking "wow, if that's how they're going to be, I'm not going to even list my favourite FE so I don't give those unreasonable fans that fuel." I held a deep resentment and bitterness towards most FE4 fans back in the day, though I've definitely calmed down a good amount over them since then. On a similar note, I got rid of my Marth badge for that same reason, after an SF member did something similar in regards to criticizing Marth just because I personally had him as my badge.

A good movie you have seen recently?

On 3/2/2017 at 8:32 PM, Randoman said:

How much do you personally try to avoid lewd thoughts/games/shows in general?

I'd leave this as
There's a time and place for everything

i don't avoid it, or generally look for it either