What You Want To Know About The Above Poster Most

Randoman

6 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Least favourite food?

Hm... I can't think of a food that I really dislike (off the top of my head, anyway), but I had a particularly bad experience with a spaghetti casserole that has soured my opinion on the dish, even if it's pretty good otherwise.

Since I don't think I've asked you yet, Car trips, or plane rides?

Edit: ... If I double post, do I have to answer my own question as well?

Edited by DefaultBeep

• Replies 37.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zak Something

• CrashGordon94

• Robert Stewart

• Ein

9 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Hm... I can't think of a food that I really dislike (off the top of my head, anyway), but I had a particularly bad experience with a spaghetti casserole that has soured my opinion on the dish, even if it's pretty good otherwise.

Since I don't think I've asked you yet, Car trips, or plane rides?

Plane ride, far more tolerable for me.

Favourite food?

2 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Favourite food?

Much easier to answer. Also, ironically, it's spaghetti. Regular spaghetti, with perhaps some Parmesan cheese to add some flavor. Pasta in general is just great though.

Least favorite character in Awakening? If this has already been asked, then I apologize, and feel free to substitute with the hopefully less likely Favorite and least favorite classes in Awakening?

Just now, DefaultBeep said:

Much easier to answer. Also, ironically, it's spaghetti. Regular spaghetti, with perhaps some Parmesan cheese to add some flavor. Pasta in general is just great though.

Least favorite character in Awakening? If this has already been asked, then I apologize, and feel free to substitute with the hopefully less likely Favorite and least favorite classes in Awakening?

I'll answer both.

My least favourite character is Tharja.  Followed closely by Priam.

My favourite class is Sorcerer and my least favourite class is Griffon Rider (because it's such a drag to level up through).

Whom is your least favourite Awakening character?

Just now, TheSilentChloey said:

Whom is your least favourite Awakening character?

Probably Laurent. I don't dislike him, but I find him dull, especially with how similar he is to his mother (someone else I don't particularly care for).

Cats, dogs, or other?

Just now, DefaultBeep said:

Probably Laurent. I don't dislike him, but I find him dull, especially with how similar he is to his mother (someone else I don't particularly care for).

Cats, dogs, or other?

Animals in general :D:

Favourite character in FEA?

4 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Animals in general :D:

Favourite character in FEA?

That's a perfectly fair answer, and I apologize for not including it.

Gaius, without a doubt. For the child units, it's a very close call between Lucina and Inigo.

(I'd be surprised if this hasn't been asked, but) Favorite parent and child characters in Awakening?

2 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

That's a perfectly fair answer, and I apologize for not including it.

Gaius, without a doubt. For the child units, it's a very close call between Lucina and Inigo.

(I'd be surprised if this hasn't been asked, but) Favorite parent and child characters in Awakening?

Chrom and I have a mother's bias to Lucina and Morgan :D:

What Fire Emblem games have you played?

1 minute ago, TheSilentChloey said:

What Fire Emblem games have you played?

Hoo boy... Gaiden, Genealogy of the Holy War, Thracia 776, Binding Blade, Blazing Sword, Sacred Stones, Path of Radiance, Shadow Dragon, New Mystery of the Emblem, Awakening, Fates (all three versions), and Shadows of Valentia. So, basically all of them except for FE1, FE3, and FE10.

Which Fire Emblem games have you played, and which one have you not played that most interests you?

23 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Ever played Sims?

Yes! My sister and I love the Sims series. Unfortunately, she took all the discs with her when she moved out, but I've played and enjoyed all of them. 2 and 3 were probably the two I played the most.

Do you play/enjoy any RPG games outside of Fire Emblem?

1 minute ago, DefaultBeep said:

Yes! My sister and I love the Sims series. Unfortunately, she took all the discs with her when she moved out, but I've played and enjoyed all of them. 2 and 3 were probably the two I played the most.

Do you play/enjoy any RPG games outside of Fire Emblem?

I do quite enjoy a few RPGs :D:

Are there any RPGs that you enjoy?

53 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Are there any RPGs that you enjoy?

I'm bad at finishing them, but I do enjoy them normally. Trails in the Sky FC, Final Fantasy VI, and Paper Mario (original and TTYD) come to mind immediately as favorites of mine.

Have you played and/or enjoyed the Harvest Moon series and/or Stardew Valley?

I'm bad at finishing them, but I do enjoy them normally. Trails in the Sky FC, Final Fantasy VI, and Paper Mario (original and TTYD) come to mind immediately as favorites of mine.

Have you played and/or enjoyed the Harvest Moon series and/or Stardew Valley?

I've played and enjoyed Stardew Valley.  It's a wonderful game :D:

Favourite character in Mystery of the Emblem?

2 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Favourite character in Mystery of the Emblem?

I'll ignore the characters added in New Mystery, since... well, there's a lot of them. But I'd probably say Sheena's my favorite; cool design, cute supports, and a solid unit all around.

Do you enjoy any other Nintendo franchises outside of Fire Emblem?

I'll ignore the characters added in New Mystery, since... well, there's a lot of them. But I'd probably say Sheena's my favorite; cool design, cute supports, and a solid unit all around.

Do you enjoy any other Nintendo franchises outside of Fire Emblem?

This is perhaps the best explained by what I was playing before Fire Emblem...Pokemon, Mario Kart, Mario Bros, Smash Mele/Brawl and I can't think of what else at the moment (although I am certain others will come to me :D:

Do you prefer magic weapons or physical ones?

10 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Do you prefer magic weapons or physical ones?

I'll assume this is referring to Fire Emblem, but feel free to ask again or along with another question if that's incorrect. It's almost 50/50 though, to be honest; magic is just naturally interesting and useful, and a lot of my favorite units use it, but nearly an equal amount of other favorite units use physical weapons, and Fire Emblem does a good job of making cool weapon designs to even out the natural coolness of magic. I guess I'll say physical, since my favorite weapon type is the bow, and a lot of legendary physical weapons look especially awesome.

What consoles and handhelds do you have, and which one's your favorite if you have one?

5 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

I'll assume this is referring to Fire Emblem, but feel free to ask again or along with another question if that's incorrect. It's almost 50/50 though, to be honest; magic is just naturally interesting and useful, and a lot of my favorite units use it, but nearly an equal amount of other favorite units use physical weapons, and Fire Emblem does a good job of making cool weapon designs to even out the natural coolness of magic. I guess I'll say physical, since my favorite weapon type is the bow, and a lot of legendary physical weapons look especially awesome.

What consoles and handhelds do you have, and which one's your favorite if you have one?

:D: Ah I see, I'm more of a magical weapon user personally (I love staves).

I have the Switch and the 3DS and I'd say it depends on the game that I'm playing.

Of the bows in Fire Emblem what would be your top 5?

7 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Of the bows in Fire Emblem what would be your top 5?

Ooo, interesting question! I like it. Let's see (going from 5 to 1)...

• Parthia (Shadow Dragon). The original legendary bow, and pretty powerful in its base game. Not the most involved design, but it works pretty well.
  • Shining Bow (Fates). Does magical damage, and is usable at close range. Super cool and unique for effects, but I'm not a huge fan of the design, it's an odd mix of bland and busy.
  • Astra (Awakening). Can potentially do five attacks at once, and looks great as well. Some points docked for relying on luck to trigger its cool effect, as well as kinda reminding me of a fish.
  • Hunter's Bow (Fates). Does effective damage against almost all beast units, except certain flying units, oddly enough. It's not terribly involved in terms of its effect, but it earns extra points from me for being an (admittedly very stylized) accurate translation of real-life compound bows, which is just really awesome to me.
  • Yewfelle (Genealogy of the Holy War). Gives an insane +10 to both Strength and Speed, as well as giving the Renewal skill, which lets the unit refill their health at the start of every turn just by having the bow. Great effect, great design, and cool lore relevance make this my favorite.

Do you have a favorite staff in Fire Emblem, and which is it if so?

Ooo, interesting question! I like it. Let's see (going from 5 to 1)...

• Parthia (Shadow Dragon). The original legendary bow, and pretty powerful in its base game. Not the most involved design, but it works pretty well.
  • Shining Bow (Fates). Does magical damage, and is usable at close range. Super cool and unique for effects, but I'm not a huge fan of the design, it's an odd mix of bland and busy.
  • Astra (Awakening). Can potentially do five attacks at once, and looks great as well. Some points docked for relying on luck to trigger its cool effect, as well as kinda reminding me of a fish.
  • Hunter's Bow (Fates). Does effective damage against almost all beast units, except certain flying units, oddly enough. It's not terribly involved in terms of its effect, but it earns extra points from me for being an (admittedly very stylized) accurate translation of real-life compound bows, which is just really awesome to me.
  • Yewfelle (Genealogy of the Holy War). Gives an insane +10 to both Strength and Speed, as well as giving the Renewal skill, which lets the unit refill their health at the start of every turn just by having the bow. Great effect, great design, and cool lore relevance make this my favorite.

Do you have a favorite staff in Fire Emblem, and which is it if so?

Personally I like Recover, It heals the most and looks awesome in Awakening :D: but then Physic is also amazing too because it allows healers to be at a safe distance but still be able to heal any damage :D:

Of the characters in Fire Emblem, who is your favourite tome user?

1 minute ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Of the characters in Fire Emblem, who is your favourite tome user?

That's probably the weapon type with the most contention for my favorite, honestly. I'm gonna cheat a little bit and pick two: Lewyn from FE4 for playable mages, and Ishtar from FE4 for non-playable mages (except in Awakening thanks to Spotpass, where I have used her quite a bit). Both are pretty powerful and fun to use, but they both have tragic aspects to them that make them more interesting as characters, which I always appreciate.

Do you prefer to keep the Awakening units in their base class trees, or do you like to branch out and mess around with the Second Seals?

3 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Do you prefer to keep the Awakening units in their base class trees, or do you like to branch out and mess around with the Second Seals?

I tend to second seal a lot simply because I want to pick up every skill that I can that characters might need, however if they don't need any skills then I don't both reclassing except to promote into my preferred choice for the chracters (I'll never promote Corrin into Hoshidian Noble but I will promote into Nohr Noble or Corrin's "Talent" class for example because I can just purchase the skills that Corrin needs).

Who is your favourite sword user?

4 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Who is your favourite sword user?

Even though he's technically a dagger unit in Heroes, he's a sword user in Awakening, so I've gotta go with Gaius. There are other cool sword users in the series for sure, but I love Gaius too much to not consider him my favorite.

Have you played all the routes in Fates? And if so, which is your favorite?

Conquest.  It's the only route that I can tolerate to be honest.  Revelation was nice, but it was behind a pay wall...and Birthwrong rubbed me the wrong way too many times to count.

Which route of Fates did you find a preference for?

Just now, TheSilentChloey said:

Which route of Fates did you find a preference for?

Agreed, actually. Birthright felt like a bit of a slog to get through at times, which is weird since it was supposed to be the more Awakening-esque version. But it just wasn't near as fun as Awakening, and the story didn't really do... much at all, really. Revelation was cool for getting some exclusive supports and stuff (no matter what anyone says, I thought Saizo and Beruka's English C support was hilarious), but the maps felt kinda gimmicky and just tiring to play after a while.The story felt clunky as well, more than either Birthright or Conquest in my opinion. I think I slightly prefer the Hoshido cast overall, but Conquest felt the most fun to actually play, which was pretty important to my enjoyment of the game.

Which of the siblings is your favorite for both Hoshido and Nohr?