The new FE10 draft tier list

Junkhead

On the contrary, Geoffrey saves quite a lot more turns in penalties and general omnipotence than any other CRK, thanks to sturdiness and access to all the awesome P2 lances, the brave lance especially. The other two aren't doing much in 3-11 and the second leg of P4 hates paladins (plus Geoffrey rejoins in 4-5 anyway), so they only have 3-E and one P4 chapter over him in availability. At Endgame, they're all pretty much the same. Also, Geoffrey and Marcia are the only CRKs who aren't mentally disabled.

Saving penalties should be counted in the list's criteria, right?

Geoffrey is less durable than Kieran, it's 37HP/18DEF against Kieran's 41HP/18DEF (and having better WTA, since Lances are more common than Sword users). Kieran also has better growths with 75%HP and 60% DEF to Geoffrey's 60%HP and 35%DEF as well as a lower base level. Geoffrey's only real advantages are:

-Access to Brave Lance

-+3STR and +3SKL base

Versus Kieran having a better class and growth spread and three chapters of availability (even if one of them is 3-E). Kieran also has the flexibility to go on any route he chooses, while Geoffrey is forced into 4-5 where he likely can't do anything.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I assume in Normal mode everyone doubles in 2-3 but I can't remember exactly. Geoffrey needs the brave lance for the boss but any other lance could do against the generic enemies. Kieran has access to hammer and he's a great candidate for adept in 3-9 where they are almost equal imo.

Geoffrey does have some advantages over Kieran but Kieran doesn't fall far behind Geoffrey. Kieran has more availability and he can actually use skills for his own benefit. ^_^

On a side note howcome Danved and Callil are above both Kieran and Geoffrey?

Edited by Queen_Elincia

• 1 month later...

Why is Edward below Nolan? Edward comes before Nolan, and saves more turns. Also, why is Nolan > Jill?

He doesn't save that many really, all he does is save 3 turns from penalty since edward is pretty much a forced unit for 1-P (Doing a micaiah solo is impossible because boss 1hko's her iirc and even if she managed to survive a hit from the boss it'd take too long [using chokepoints and healing every turn since bandits 2hko]. And Leo is no good either.). Nolan has more durability, 2 range that can actually kill reliably, and better offense overall. Plus Nolan has Earth affinity which is infinitely better than light affinity.

He doesn't save that many really, all he does is save 3 turns from penalty since edward is pretty much a forced unit for 1-P (Doing a micaiah solo is impossible because boss 1hko's her iirc and even if she managed to survive a hit from the boss it'd take too long [using chokepoints and healing every turn since bandits 2hko]. And Leo is no good either.).

Yep.

Nolan has more durability, 2 range that can actually kill reliably, and better offense overall.

Durability might matter (but it would have to save at least 3 turns).

2 range doesn't matter in 1-2, 1-3, 1-4, 1-5, 1-6-2, 1-7. It matters barely in 1-6-1 if at all, in 1-8 I don't think Nolan can ORKO bandits at 1-2 range anyway (they have like, 38HP and 13 Defense or something ridiculous), and 1-E is iffy (they both easily get Mages, I don't think Nolan gets armors at 1-2 range, which leaves archers... I think that Edward would have something like 28 attack at 1-2 range here which should get them)

Edward also has better Speed for Adept and Resolve avoidhaxing.

Plus Nolan has Earth affinity which is infinitely better than light affinity.

To support with who? Sothe, who's going to be halfway across the map in 1-4, 1-6-1, 1-6-2, and 1-8?

Also, why is Nolan > Jill?

Jill doesn't exist in 1-1, 1-2, 1-3, 1-4, or 1-8, nor does she save turns in 1-6-2 or 1-9 (in fact I don't think Miccy can even shove Sothe so she might lose us a turn there), as well as 1-P and 1-5 (nonfactors). This means she has to make up for Nolan saving us like 10 turns from penalties+merely existing before she shows up, which is pretty difficult.

Edited by Paperblade

Durability might matter (but it would have to save at least 3 turns).

2 range doesn't matter in 1-2, 1-3, 1-4, 1-5, 1-6-2, 1-7. It matters barely in 1-6-1 if at all, in 1-8 I don't think Nolan can ORKO bandits at 1-2 range anyway (they have like, 38HP and 13 Defense or something ridiculous), and 1-E is iffy (they both easily get Mages, I don't think Nolan gets armors at 1-2 range, which leaves archers... I think that Edward would have something like 28 attack at 1-2 range here which should get them)

Durability matters because you want to make sure he'd survive (relying on dodge forever isn't that great) an onslaught of enemies, which is important on part 3 tigers, and part 4 amount of enemies. 2 range matters a lot in part 4. Especially 2 range which can be bought (Tempest blades don't last forever and aren't available for most of the game) plus they can be forged. Plus NM leveling and BEXP amounts and a downsized army means Nolan will be higher leveled. By 1-8 he'd likely be something like 20/3/--. Sure Edward could be high leveled as well, but he has less str and lol wind edges. And you can't rely on adept.

Edward also has better Speed for Adept and Resolve avoidhaxing.

Relying on a percentage of avoid is not always good. So many enemies attack that one is likely to hit.

To support with who? Sothe, who's going to be halfway across the map in 1-4, 1-6-1, 1-6-2, and 1-8?

Micaiah. She won't be close to sothe and won't be doing much anyway.

I had my Nolan/Edward/Zihark around level 7/8/9 by 1-8. I don't think Edward is better. He does just save you a penalty at 1-P and is the best around there. But then he just needs to get lucky with his stats to be great as he was for me on my first draft run. There's nothing he has on Nolan except Spd. And both are getting to double once they're 20/1 by 1-6-1.

I find Nolan better because his durability and offense are better. Nothing's stopping him from grabbing statboosters like the Energy Drop, the Dracoshield, the Seraph Robe and the Secret book. Not only for better combat, but also for better BEXP slowplaying. Then in Part 3, And Colosus is better than Astra for it's activation rate and because it 1HKO's everything (hello Ike at 3-13. But you fackers most likely battle save abuse for a 3-turn).

(hello Ike at 3-13. But you fackers most likely battle save abuse for a 3-turn).

That is just not true, I actually only limit myself to 2 restarts, then i just go and make some new strategy. Like putting resolve or adept.

Also i could see mordy going up above maybe tanith but eh... (this was just so it wasn't a spam post)

Edited by SlayerX

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I find Nolan better because his durability and offense are better. Nothing's stopping him from grabbing statboosters like the Energy Drop, the Dracoshield, the Seraph Robe and the Secret book. Not only for better combat, but also for better BEXP slowplaying. Then in Part 3, And Colosus is better than Astra for it's activation rate and because it 1HKO's everything (hello Ike at 3-13. But you fackers most likely battle save abuse for a 3-turn).

Astra ORKOes everything. Edward can BEXP slowplay just as well, if not better than Nolan. Edward has innate crit to make up for his lower skill activation rate, with the added advantage that criticals can activate at 1-2 range. Although ultimately Nolan will have better 1-2 range anyway.

It's somewhat amusing to see Mist rated pretty highly in the FE9 draft tier list and see her so low here.

Thing is, enemies suck in FE9. It helps Mist to have like 10,000 BEXP at her disposal by that time and use it to promote early and be a fairly decent combatant. Then there are those magic-based swords. Here in FE10, it's just about pointless to draft Mist as anything but a second-hand healer you most likely won't be needing.

Thing is, enemies suck in FE9. It helps Mist to have like 10,000 BEXP at her disposal by that time and use it to promote early and be a fairly decent combatant. Then there are those magic-based swords. Here in FE10, it's just about pointless to draft Mist as anything but a second-hand healer you most likely won't be needing.

I'm aware of all of this (although I'd only draft Mist for Rescue in FE9). I just think it's amusing that the same unit can be rated so highly in one game and so poorly in another. She's not the only one, either.

A. HM Drafting is stupid

Why is that? I've been a part of both HM drafts and happened to enjoy them. Maybe you should have tried it.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

I can't even bring myself to play HM normally at this point, why would I draft it

Edit: Also I didn't try it because I didn't have access to FE10 at college (nor the time for it, really)

Edited by Paperblade

So by what logic is HM drafting "stupid?" We are not you.

Hard mode just accentuates any bad team members though, which makes hard chapters even more frustrating.

And that is his opinion RfoF, if he thinks HM is stupid, then who are you to judge.

Hard mode just accentuates any bad team members though, which makes hard chapters even more frustrating.

How is this different from other games, all of which, as far as I know, are done on the hardest difficulty? (though I think SD is done on H3 or something, but still) I don't think any of the people who actually played in the HM drafts have had the complaints that people who avoided them do, which is pretty ironic.

And that is his opinion RfoF, if he thinks HM is stupid, then who are you to judge.

I'll judge when the reasoning is "because I don't like it."

How is this different from other games, all of which, as far as I know, are done on the hardest difficulty?

FE6 and 7 have seen both Normal mode and Hard mode drafts, and FE5 is always played on Elite Mode.

How is this different from other games, all of which, as far as I know, are done on the hardest difficulty? (though I think SD is done on H3 or something, but still) I don't think any of the people who actually played in the HM drafts have had the complaints that people who avoided them do, which is pretty ironic.

I'll stop you at the first sentence: "How is this different from other games". FE10 is very different from other games, and you should be able to see why.

Yes, because not liking HM is a bad reason to not like playing it under restrictive conditions. Someone shoot him for not like doing something because he doesn't like it.

Edited by Kevin

Yes, because not liking HM is a bad reason to not like playing it under restrictive conditions. Someone shoot him for ever not like doing something because he doesn't like.

Just because he doesn't like it doesn't mean it's stupid.

I can understand his aversion to HM drafts, since often the nature of deployment in this game forces the player to use awful units heavily as part of a draft (for example, Edward, who can be forced to practically solo Part 1). I personally hate solos, or any run where I am forced to use only one or two characters.

Doesn't mean he should start bitching about it, though. Nobody's making him play a HM Draft, just talking about making a tier list.