The new FE10 draft tier list

Junkhead

What is shinon doing in 3-1 that rolf isnt doing? He can crit with the killer bow, he can most likely double everything by now. He only has worse durability. But it isnt lol rhys durability mode. You are just really biased against rolf if you sincerely think he is worse than lyre...or a bunch of people higher than him for that matter.

A level 9 Rolf (which is stretching it too far) can't double anything but Sages and Snipers. Oh, actually, he can double Generals. But he tinks those, so it doesn't matter. He isn't supposed to be there where the Generals are, anyway. Shinon doubles everything right off the bat and 1RKO's them with a Killer bow. Since Rolf won't be doubling in 3-1, he won't have much of a chance 1HKO'ing things he doesn't double. Shinon also has the chance to BEXP slowplay his Str (which he didn't even need).

But at least he has 1 range, be it with Bowgun, Crossbow, whatever...BUT HE HAS 1-2 RANGE, whereas Lyre is stuck in 1 range. Rolf beats her in that, unless you're giving her an unreliable Quickclaw (where she's mostly dodging and if it's activated, her str won't be really good, yet she can do it, but, again, it is unreliable). Besides Rolf can be given Resolve/Wrath for better 1-range.

Crappy 1-range = Lyre's combat after an Energy Drop and two levels of Blossom. Same thing, basically. Except she'll be growing out of that crappy 1-range combat afer some levels and the S-rank she can get by 3-8. Is Rolf upgrading to Taksh soon?

Lyre's Part 4 is also better because there are more Rout maps, and having no 2-range is better than having no 1-range to counter-attack decently. No, I do not discard the possibility of Rolf under the influence of Wrath, but it's hard getting him there in the first place, unless you're having him go Rambo on mosh-pits of enemies.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But still RolfRofl makes presence by 3-P, better availability, he at least does something. Lyre does nothing in 3-1 as Ally and she happens to be a bit good as soon as she reaches S strike and kills consistently, where Rolf already is promoted and gives more than what Lyre can. Besides Rolf can 2-4 turn 4-5.

Rolf can't 2/3-turn 4-5 and having him in 3-P hardly means anything when Ike can do better by not slowing down for him. Lyre's performance as a 3-1 Ally unit isn't even taken to account. What does it matter that Rolf is promoted by the time Lyre reaches her S-rank? Can Rolf already consistently 1RKO at 1-range just because of that? Unfortunately not. Lyre can already 1RKO reliably with Adept when reaching her Strike, so she's better than Rolf there and throughout Part 4.

How is Aran under the hawks, Illyana and Nailah?

He's a DB frontline unit.

COmes before Volug/Zihark/Jill

Since this is NM and Draft, he can take the speedwing and BEXP slowplay for p1.

explain pplease.

How is Aran under the hawks, Illyana and Nailah?

He's a DB frontline unit.

COmes before Volug/Zihark/Jill

Since this is NM and Draft, he can take the speedwing and BEXP slowplay for p1.

explain pplease.

He doesn't really do much until 1-E or Part 3. Before that, he can just take a few hits and hit hard without doubling much of anything. Coming before three better units can only mean as much. Ilyana on the other hand doesn't have much of a hard time getting to double when her offense bases are solid and can be enforced with a forge and/or a Spirit Dust. She's also available through most of Part 3, and she's great there once she hits 3rd tier. I do see Aran being better than Nailah because of availability, though. Same with the Hawks, I should lower them.

Impale is a decent ability.

Illyana has 24 chapters of training, but has slow speed.

And bad durability.

Aran helps in a team that needs the firepower.

Illyana helps in p1, has mediocre durability, speed, and can be prone to getting crit.

Aran has wtf attack/defense and good skill and workable speed.

You say that as if Ilyana's Sp isn't workable, when she has +3 base and only -5% growth. :/ She gets to promote sooner, and has statboosters like the Angelic Robe, the Secret Book and the Spirit Dust in her favor to BEXP slowplay for Spd/Def and even get some Def from the Dracoshield. If you work on her, you can get her to promote by 3-4 and she'll be doing most of your Part 3 and then Part 4 in the desert. That's much better than what Aran does. He may have amazing Str/Def, but that doesn't help much when you're not 1RKO'ing reliably (something he does starting 1-E) and for three Part 3 chapters.

Impale is a decent ability.

Illyana has 24 chapters of training, but has slow speed.

And bad durability.

Aran helps in a team that needs the firepower.

Illyana helps in p1, has mediocre durability, speed, and can be prone to getting crit.

Aran has wtf attack/defense and good skill and workable speed.

Aran is worse in sp and lck.

He doesn't really do much until 1-E or Part 3. Before that, he can just take a few hits and hit hard without doubling much of anything. Coming before three better units can only mean as much. Ilyana on the other hand doesn't have much of a hard time getting to double when her offense bases are solid and can be enforced with a forge and/or a Spirit Dust. She's also available through most of Part 3, and she's great there once she hits 3rd tier. I do see Aran being better than Nailah because of availability, though. Same with the Hawks, I should lower them.

First off, Ilyana's offense is good so long as she's doubling, which isn't for long. Next off, she uses thunder, which has the worst offense, period. Next, durability, which is horrible. Even an Angelic robe doesn't save her from getting 2HKO. In part 3, she doesn't have the offense equal to the GMs. While in a draft having more units is preferable, Ilyana's durability is usually soemthing that bites back. Forges are probably better, but Aran has access to forges too, his tankiness and great str are preferred since he can afford to go for 1-range as well. Also, Aran helps a lot in his part3 chapters due to tankiness, while Ilyana just suffers once again from mediocrity in her chapters. Aran also benefits from BEXP as much as Ilyana and actually can get spd faster than her with those fantastic str/skl/def growths.

Now I'm not sure how often Ilyana doubles in NM in Part 1. What are the spd stats of the enemies starting from 1-6?

EDIT: Before I can forget, Ilyana herself faces competition with great units, both in part 1 and 3. I mean really, there's all the GMs + Brom, and Neph that'd do way better than Ilyana. Then in P1, we've got NK, Zihark, Jill who do much better than her. Heck, EVEN TORMOD AND MUARIM do much better than her in P1. I'm just using the same arguement you used on Aran really.

Edited by Marth

He only needs an A-rank to use the Rescue staff, and that is one Arms Scroll away (easily obtainable before going into the tower).

I thought Archsage had a maximum Staff rank of B?

Rhys sucks and has trouble just to stop getting 1RKO'd by everything, then his Spd issues. He'll never double unless you give him like, two Speedwings, tons of BEXP and THEN a Seal.

Having used Rhys in two drafts, he really only needs the BEXP and one Speedwing to be a great unit. The Crown only saves you BEXP (which in a NM draft you should have plenty of most of the time) and he doesn't need the second Speedwing since his other stats are pretty close to capping. He does need a Light forge from Part 1 to ORKO some Generals later in Part 3 though. Plus he can go to the desert, which is something that I think people don't value quite enough. He's a good later round pick for mid-late Part 3 and Silver Route help.

As for Ilyana vs. Aran, I'd say Ilyana is better due to being slightly better in Part 1, can go to the desert and has more time in Part 3 to contribute. While she needs time and BEXP to catch up with the rest of the GMs, she helps out a lot later in Part 3.

First off, Ilyana's offense is good so long as she's doubling, which isn't for long.

Indeed. She is pretty mediocre in Part 1. But it's alot better to have her than not. She can at least go on growing by killing lots of enemies to promote as fast as possible (which is usually at 1-7 or 1-8). She really wants to take an Angelic Robe, Spirit Dust and a Secret upon promotion. It's for BEXP purposes, so she can raise that Spd some more.

Next off, she uses thunder, which has the worst offense, period.

No, that's not it. What about Thunder magic having bad offense? Don't forges and the Spirit Dust exist to aid that? And besides, she's only failing to 2HKO Soldiers and Mages without those options.

Next, durability, which is horrible. Even an Angelic robe doesn't save her from getting 2HKO.

Micaiah's offense is horrible. Ilyana can take a hit from enemies barring Fighters and some Knights, at least. But yeah, we're giving her the Angelic Robe and the Dracoshield, anyway. They do help afterwards when Ilyana becomes a full-fledged frontline unit.

In part 3, she doesn't have the offense equal to the GMs. While in a draft having more units is preferable, Ilyana's durability is usually soemthing that bites back.

In early Part 3, Ilyana is pretty bad...but that's not permanent. From 3-2 to 3-3 she can take the BEXP, the Speedwings and probably the other Dracoshield (from the 3-3 Shop) and BEXP slowplay stats like Spd, since her HP, Mag and Skill will be capping fast because of the statboosters we're giving her.

Forges are probably better, but Aran has access to forges too, his tankiness and great str are preferred since he can afford to go for 1-range as well. Also, Aran helps a lot in his part3 chapters due to tankiness, while Ilyana just suffers once again from mediocrity in her chapters. Aran also benefits from BEXP as much as Ilyana and actually can get spd faster than her with those fantastic str/skl/def growths.

Yes, he's good in Part 3. But DB's Part 3 is only 3 chapters. Ilyana can completely contribute (and this means half-soloing to entirely solo'ing maps) 3-4, 3-5, 3-8 and 3-10. Aran is holding back a few laguz in 3-6 while Micaiah and Sothe take another side to chokepoint. At 3-12, he is a great help killing of most enemies. In 3-13, he kills Ike. Overall I don't see Ilyana being much better, but her Part 4 is indeed better. Their about equal in offense, but Ilyana is much better for the Silver Route. Ilyana is viable for the Silver Route,

EDIT: Before I can forget, Ilyana herself faces competition with great units, both in part 1 and 3. I mean really, there's all the GMs + Brom, and Neph that'd do way better than Ilyana. Then in P1, we've got NK, Zihark, Jill who do much better than her. Heck, EVEN TORMOD AND MUARIM do much better than her in P1. I'm just using the same arguement you used on Aran really.

Yes, Zihark and Jill are better than Ilyana in Part 1. And? Ilyana isn't supposed to be doing much in the first place in Part 1, barring 1-8 and 1-E. And why would you draft Tormod or Muarim just for 1-8 if Ilyana can do the exact same thing? (Ilyana even has range over Muarim, and no gauge to deal with).

@Bold: That's a ridiculous unprobably probability. I refuse to consider it a valid arguement.

- Brom has nothing on Ilyana in terms of offense. Ilyana has better, Res-hitting 2-range. The only thing Brom has on her is durability, which isn't such a problem any more after she promotes.

- Of course Nephenee has better offense. What does that justify? She's higher than Ilyana anyway. Does that make Ilyana less capable of being your frontline Part 3 unit?

I thought Archsage had a maximum Staff rank of B?

According to the site, you're wrong:

http://serenesforest.net/fe10/class_weap.html

A rank.

Having used Rhys in two drafts, he really only needs the BEXP and one Speedwing to be a great unit. The Crown only saves you BEXP (which in a NM draft you should have plenty of most of the time) and he doesn't need the second Speedwing since his other stats are pretty close to capping.

He starts off with 14 Spd. Of course he wants two Speedwings. He needs all the help he can get. The only stats he comes close to capping are Mag and Res. If you want to BEXP for Skill you'd have to get him an Angelic Robe and a Secret book.

Plus he can go to the desert, which is something that I think people don't value quite enough. He's a good later round pick for mid-late Part 3 and Silver Route help.

People actually use that reason alot (that a magic user can go to the desert and be really useful).

I guess I can raise him. I underrated a few characters alot back then. He is certainly a better pick then Mist and Rofl. And Sages are at least decent in drafts.

Edited by Soul

What does Kieran have over Mak aside from axes and better str base.

Mak grows speed faster, and low attack is easier to fix than low spd/skl.

(Forges/energy drops vs speedwings/braves)

Since, Ike may want a wing, Miccy too.

Kieran gets Axes, which are nice, but Mak gets better while Kieran while Kieran slows down due to spd and skl growing slowly. That, and their only use in CRK chapters is to make Geofs path easier and grab the 2-3 speedwing.

What does Kieran have over Mak aside from axes and better str base.

Mak grows speed faster, and low attack is easier to fix than low spd/skl.

(Forges/energy drops vs speedwings/braves)

Better bases all-around and higher base level. He can take the 2-3 Speedwings and get Crown'd at 3-9 for 24 AS and overkill offense.

Since, Ike may want a wing, Miccy too.

wat

Of course not. Micaiah isn't even viable as a combat unit on average.

Kieran gets Axes, which are nice, but Mak gets better while Kieran while Kieran slows down due to spd and skl growing slowly. That, and their only use in CRK chapters is to make Geofs path easier and grab the 2-3 speedwing.

Makalulz's Skill is worse than Kieran's, and Kieran's Skill isn't even a problem in the first place. Who says Kieran's Spd can't be aided by a Speedwings?