Best/Worst in the Series: Round 76

NinjaMonkey

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Worst: (If she counts) Yune. If she doesn't count, then I'll go with Fala. All of her descendants are evil (besides adorable, little Azel, but he doesn't have major Fala blood). (Feel free to correct me if I have my FE4 lore wrong)

Cyas has Major Fala and is a pretty cool guy. There's also a part in FE4 where Manfroy mentions that the reason Alvis won't cooperate with him is because "the ways of Fala run deep within him" or something like that.

Best: Altina. Dual-wielding Swordmaster? FYEAH and hot too.

She didn't dual-wield Ragnell and Alondite. That is a common misunderstanding people get because they are twin swords. If you look closely, you'll see that she keeps one sword sheated while using the other.

Anyway...Altina for best.

Worst: Loputousu.

If the picture doesn't have her using two hands on the sword, I don't really see a reason she couldn't have dual-wielded on occasion. What's the point in Ashera enchanting two identical weapons if she's not going to use them together?

If the picture doesn't have her using two hands on the sword, I don't really see a reason she couldn't have dual-wielded on occasion. What's the point in Ashera enchanting two identical weapons if she's not going to use them together?

To look good and make people think she is much more of a badass. Heroes can't be posers now? :(

To look good and make people think she is much more of a badass. Heroes can't be posers now? :(

Trust me, kid, nobody is impressed by the sword lying unused in the scabbard. It's the ones slicing the fuck out of the abstract concepts that your eyes are drawn to.

On a serious note to what I said earlier, I actually don't think she dual-wielded them. What Narga said did sounded like a good reason. But wouldn't she need some kind of blessing to be as strong to wield both blades at the same time? I'm not sure if the goddess' blessing increases raw strength. Why else would she have Alondite in her scabbard if she could just dual-wielded while fighting a full army?

Best: Altina

Dual-wielding two 20 weight swords while riding on a lion? Awesome. (Ok, so she's not technically dual-wielding them in the picture, but whatever.) Honorable mentions to Athos, for actually being a useful playable character and taking part in the story, and Sety, because wind magic is cool and everyone likes Holsety.

Worst: Grado

Any of the Sacred Stones heroes work for "worst", really. Most of them don't even have names.

Nominating Best/Worst Quote.

But wouldn't she need some kind of blessing to be as strong to wield both blades at the same time? I'm not sure if the goddess' blessing increases raw strength.
I'd like to say it does, because when Yune blessed Ike and Sothe, both became stronger (ie they promoted). On the other hand, in 4-P, the game's script claims Ashera only blessed her soldiers' armor and weapons. Maybe it's just that both are possible? Doesn't seem unlikely at all. Alternatively, Altina was just so ridiculously strong she could dual-wield both Ragnell and Alondite without any help.

On a serious note to what I said earlier, I actually don't think she dual-wielded them. What Narga said did sounded like a good reason. But wouldn't she need some kind of blessing to be as strong to wield both blades at the same time? I'm not sure if the goddess' blessing increases raw strength. Why else would she have Alondite in her scabbard if she could just dual-wielded while fighting a full army?

It's not possible for someone to use dark magic and axes at the same time either, but that doesn't stop Grado. I think she probably did dual wield them. Sure, it's not really 'possible', but legendary heroes are supposed to be ridiculously powerful (she was on par with Deghinsea after all).

It's not possible for someone to use dark magic and axes at the same time either, but that doesn't stop Grado. I think she probably did dual wield them. Sure, it's not really 'possible', but legendary heroes are supposed to be ridiculously powerful (she was on par with Deghinsea after all).

Does it say Grado wielded both weapons at the same time at FE8?

Does it say Grado wielded both weapons at the same time at FE8?

No... but I meant that he could wield both weapons, it didn't quite come out right.

(In any case, why would you ever switch to Gleipnir if you had Garm anyway? Obviously, you wouldn't, so he must have used both at the same time :P )

Well, it just seems outrageous to use two over-powered weapons at the same time. Even more for Grado, actually. Why use a book and a powerful axe? That just sounds silly. Even FE doesn't defy physics that much. :awesome:

Well, it just seems outrageous to use two over-powered weapons at the same time. Even more for Grado, actually. Why use a book and a powerful axe? That just sounds silly. Even FE doesn't defy physics that much. :awesome:

Maybe he weighs himself down with Gleipnir to give the enemies a chance of surviving.

Well, it just seems outrageous to use two over-powered weapons at the same time.

Um...they're kinda legendary heroes. They'll take what withering quantities of firepower they can get.

Legendary hero doesn't mean = Overpowered, superhuman person that saved the world

Just think of the Lords. They aren't really powerful but they manage to get through obstacles that includes them having to battle one on one against some bad guys that are much more experienced and sometimes stronger than them. (i.e FE9!Ike vs BK)

Edited by Soul

Best: St. Elimine

Worst: Bramimond

I thought Elimine was Natasha when I first saw her ^_^, and she uses staves so I pick her.

Bramimond was quite lame in my opinion, I liked Athos because he seemed more legendary than a mocking machine.