Return of The Emblem Chapter Two: The Trail

Phoenix

"Hmm, they haven't even started heading back here from the looks of things. Hans!" Wolfgang said with some authority in his voice.

"Yeah, boss?" Hans said popping up from his seat enthusiastically.

"Come on, we're going to see if they need any help over there. And grab a vulnerary while you're at it." he replied before hoping down from the wagon and starting off toward them. Hans wasn't far behind. The two arrived shortly and inquired.

"Hey, what's wrong there, Gytha?" Hans asked.

"We uh ... I ... injured her." Amon said with a low voice expecting some kind of hostile reply.

"Well that's no good. You need a vulnerary? We've got plenty, unless you already mooched off this guy here."

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gytha glared at the mercenary leader. He was bugging her again. "I don't 'mooch.' He offered me a vulnerary, but I refused it," Gytha replied, her voice gentling a bit for a moment as she continued, "I don't want t' take anythn' from Amon -- he should keep whats his." It went back to her usual, slight sharpness when speaking with the mercenary leader, however, "But I'll take yer vulnerary since ye can easily supply yer own self." With that, she held out her hand, palm-up, to recieve the promised vulnerary.

Chelsea nodded once, then gestured Nesha to come to her side. She put her light tome in her bag, hopped on the saddle of the horse, and then told Domovoi. "All right, lead the way."

Amon wasn't sure how to interpret what had just happened but the situation seemed to pass rather quickly. No mention of what he'd done ever came up again. Was that right? Hans happily gave Gytha a vulnerary to heal herself up. "That'll have you back on your feet in no time." he said cracking another smile.

Nodding, Domovoi and Miskavolv entered the hovering ahead of Chelsea, at an altitude a bit above her head. Within a short period, he arrived back to where Raquel was.

"Managed to talk her back here. She's a woman named Chelsea," he said to Raquel.

"Is she a troubadour? If so I want to hire her. The more healers we've got, the more offensive we can afford to be during any fights we get into." She replied to the wyvern rider.

Gytha nodded in agreement before popping off the cork and rather unceramoniously swilling the healing liquid in large gulps. She made sure not to waste any of it and in no time the bottle-shaped cantien was empty without a drop left. Her wounds healed very rapidly, pulling into themselves until they were no more. There was a crackling pop sound from Gytha's back there Amon had struck as the bones realigned themselves. Then...

"That stuff's delicious! Best drink I've had in a long while! Refreshing as all-get-out, too! HAHAHAHAHAHARRR! I'm back to me ol' self! Ahh, I have too much energy now! HAHARR! Amon, we'll spar again later! Fer now, we've been keeping Raquel waiting long enough! Cart ho!" Gytha boomed as she jumped to her feet, twirling her sword around in delight.

Tossing the empty vulnerary to Hans, Gytha was off like a shot, running at full speed to the cart and leaping onto its roof. "HAHAHARR!! We're back, Raquel! An' don't worry; I won't be sparrn' anymore until we set up camp. Promise! Didn't mean t' slow ye down," the mariner half-announced, half appologized.

Chelsea bowed at Raquel. "My name is Chelsea Liton, I am a wandering troubador and I know the art of Healing and a bit of light magic. I would be honored to work under you......actually this looks like a fun group so I'd like to join in. Beats traveling alone anyday."

"Of course," Seliah responded, feeling more like herself, the embarrassment from before lessening. She turned back to her knights. "You two. Hurry it up." She let out a short sigh. "Really, I'm not used to travel. I lack the patience. There must be some sort of shortcut." She considered using fire blasts to propel the carriage, then she considered how ridiculous that thought was. Smalltalk bored her, but she figured that it was necessary. "So, how has life been treating you Daloth?" Well, that sounded ridiculously forced.

Raquel's answer seemed to be answered by Chelsea herself and with the woman seeming to be open for work, it looked as if the party had a new healer. Gytha made it back to the wagon long before the others and happily apologized for the slow-down. "It's okay, Gytha. Let's just get moving I guess. Oh and by the way, this is Chelsea Liton. She's going to be one of our healers so note that somewhere." she explained.

When Amon, John, Wolfgang, and Hans finally made it back, they were ready to move out. Raquel got the wagon moving again quickly and they set off down the road heading west.

TIMESKIP ...

A couple of hours later and the group had reached the area near the mountains. The forests stretched up into the distance and the road path went right along with them. Trees started to dot the area getting thicker and thicker as they drew closer.

Still in their hiding places, the men watched. It's them ... they aren't quite close enough for the archers to get off any good shots just yet but once they do ... yeah. the leader thought to himself.

OOC:

Next battle is right at the door. A sufficient amount of healers being on before starting would be best though ... and by that I mean all of them.

As the party drew closer, Caine was positive that it was them. He gave a signal just to make sure the archers would start firing ... and they did! Four arrows came flying at the wagon that Raquel barely saw coming! One of them landed right beside her head nearly killing her, another landed in her shoulder! She let out a sharp "Gah!" before bending down and trying to get some cover.

"We're under attack, guys!" she called out.

"We've got her! I saw one hit!" Caine shouted feeling victorious for a moment. The wagon was quickly surrounded by the enemy party and Caine stepped forward ready to battle the rest. To his surprise Raquel was still alive.

"What kind of shot was that? No matter. You've got nowhere to go. It's pointless to fight back but I guess you'll be learning that the hard way." he said as the archers readied more arrows.

"Are you people ... with Sardis?" Raquel choked out while grabbing her shoulder. "You're after the fire emblem we've got, right?"

The fire emblem? That's what they've got? Oh man ... Caine thought to himself. Whatever. "You'll be handing that over as well." he said in a threatening tone.

"I'll be alright for now. Just don't let them overtake us. Urgh." she said.

OOC:

Do what you want with the other two arrows.

BATTLE START

PLAYER PHASE

Primary Objective: Defeat All Generic Units (Ends the battle)

Secondary Objective: Defeat All Enemies (15 points)

Note: Remaining enemies will flee if all generics go down. If any enemies flee without being KO'd the secondary objective is failed.

ENEMY COMBAT TEAMS

Caine 12/12 (Aggressive)

Shaman A 9/9 (Defending Caine)

Shaman B 9/9 (Defending Caine)

---

Boris 15/15

Mage A 9/9 (Defending Cleric A)

Cleric A 9/9

---

Uller 12/12

Mage B 9/9 (Defending Cleric B)

Cleric B 9/9

---

Archer A 9/9 (Aggressive)

Archer B 9/9 (Aggressive)

Archer C 9/9 (Aggressive)

Archer D 9/9 (Aggressive)

Shadrak 9/9

Caine

Class: Level 4 Thief

HP: 4 STR: 4 MAG: 0 SKL: 6 SPD: 6 LCK: 4 DEF: 3 RES: 2

Weapon 1: Iron Sword

Weapon 2: Reaver Sword (lancereaver) E

Item: Vulnerary

HP: 12 MT: 4 Hit: 6 Evade: 10 AS: 6 Defense: 3 Resistance: 2

Boris

Class: Level 3 Myrmidon

HP: 4 STR: 4 MAG: 0 SKL: 6 SPD: 6 LCK: 3 DEF: 1 RES: 2

Weapon 1: Slayer Sword (Swordslayer) E

HP: 12 MT: 4(+2 vs SSTs) Hit: 6 Evade: 9 AS: 6 Defense: 1 Resistance: 2

Uller

Class: Level 3 Thief

HP: 3 STR: 3 MAG: 0 SKL: 7 SPD: 5 LCK: 4 DEF: 2 RES: 2

Weapon 1: Iron Sword

Special Weapon: Combat Knife E

HP: 9 MT: 3(5 if CK) Hit: 7 Evade: 9 AS: 5 Defense: 2 Resistance: 2

Shadrak

Class: Level 1 Shaman

HP: 3 STR: 0 MAG: 6 SKL: 3 SPD: 3 LCK : 1 DEF: 1 RES: 3

Weapon 1: Healing Staff

Weapon 2: Tome (Flux) E

Health: 9 MT: 6 Hit: 3 Evade: 4 AS: 3 Defence: 1 Resistance: 3

Archers

Class: Level 1 Archer

HP: 3 STR: 3 MAG: 0 SKL: 5 SPD: 5 LCK: 2 DEF: 1 RES: 1

Weapon 1: Short Bow E

HP: 9 MT: 3 Hit: 5 Evade: 7 AS: 5 Defense: 1 Resistance: 1

Mages

Class: Level 1 Mage

HP: 3 STR: 0 MAG: 5 SKL: 4 SPD: 3 LCK: 2 DEF: 1 RES: 2

Weapon 1: Tome (Wind) E

HP: 9 MT: 5 Hit: 4 Evade: 5 AS: 3 Defense: 1 Resistance: 2

Shamans x2

Class: Level 1 Shaman

Raw Stats

HP: 3 STR: 0 MAG: 6 SKL: 3 SPD: 3 LCK: 1 DEF: 1 RES: 3

Simplified Stats

HP: 9 MT: 6 Hit: 3 Evade: 4 AS: 3 Defense: 1 Resistance: 3

Weapon 1: Tome (Dark)

Weapon 2:

Special Weapon:

Item:

Special Item:

Overall Stats

HP: 9 MT: 6 Hit: 3 Evade: 4 AS: 3 Defense: 1 Resistance: 3

Clerics x2

Class: Level 1 Cleric

HP: 3 STR: 0 MAG: 4 SKL: 3 SPD: 3 LCK: 3 DEF: 0 RES: 4

Weapon 1: Healing Staff E

Item: Vulnerary

HP: 9 MT: 4 Hit: 3 Evade: 6 AS: 3 Defense: 0 Resistance: 4

OOC:

Just something to note but this is the very last stat battle with no combat team capabilities for the party. After this Raquel's going to be fed up and will press the issue. After that, you guys should definitely start considering which units in the party your characters function well with and talk with the rps about good set ups. Some of the upcoming battles aren't going to be quite the same and so I suggest grabbing every advantage you can get.

Edited by Phoenix

"Damn! An ambush!" Domovoi called out, he and Miskavolv flying high into the air and aimed for a cleric. He knew that if left alone, the clerics could cause trouble later on, so he rushed to ram ram one of them with his lance but was blocked by a mage.

Link to Roll: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2906385/

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2906394/

Redirected to Mage A

Domovoi: (3,5,6) Hit! 5+5-1= 9 damage!

Mage A 0/9 HP

Mage A KO'd

Domovoi gains 5 points!

Edited by Dark Sage

Shadrak blinked with disbelief at what he just heard come from the head bandit's mouth. "Wait... they HAVE the Fire Emblem?!" He exclaimed inquisitivly, his lower jaw going slack with disbelief.

Gytha wasn't struck by any of the arrows for some reason in spite of standing atop the cart: a clear target. Seeing as the cart had halted, Maw leaped down and ran under it for cover while the battle commenced.

Battle had begun. Time to be useful. The mariner leaped down from the cart and attacked one of the shamen guarding who appeared to be the leader of this band of thugs. He must've been the one to order them to shoot at Raquel. I'll show him what happens when my friends are attacked. But first, his guards.

(4+3)-4 = 3 = hit! (5+2)-1 = 6 Critical! 12 damage!

The woman impaled the shaman before he had time to react. Swinging her sword to throw the body off of it, she readied her next attack.

Shaman 0/9

Gytha 15/15

+5pts.

Edit: fix'd a typo

Edited by Mercakete

John ordered Gil to go towards teh archers, planning to taken at least one out. He prepared to strike...

4+1-7=-2 Miss

But the archer managed to dodge. As John turned around, the archer took his chance...

5+5-4=6 3+5-5*3=9 HP: 6/15

''AGH!!'' It was a direct hit, the pain quickly went through his body. John tried to get away, leaving a trail of blood behind him...

"What the hell?!"

One of the two unaccounted for arrows would have hit Synthia, if not for embedding itself in the book she was reading. She immediately ducked to avoid any other projectiles should they appear, and inspected the damage to the tome. She sighed. The arrow had broken through the cover and most of the pages, rendering a large portion unreadable. She didn't realize the gravity of the situation until the enemies surrounded the cart and she saw Raquel's wound. An arrow was not something she could deal with right now. She cast the useless mess of paper to the side and hopped out of her seat, attempting to pull Raquel down with her.

"You need to stay in the back of the cart, Raquel, until I can help you. Do you need help getting there?"

Amon attacks Archer B

Rolls 6,5,1

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2906432/

HIT

DMG -7 hp

Archer B rolls 1,6,6

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2906437/

MISS

Meanwhile Raquel followed Synthia trying to get to the back of the wagon. Luckily there were vulneraries stored in various places and she knew where they were. She wasn't going to enjoy removing that arrow though. "I'll be fine once I'm inside, so please help the others. There's plenty of medical supplies." she said.

Edited by Phoenix

"Alright, but I'll be back as soon as I can," Synthia said while turning and running back around to the front of the cart.

She reached John first and assessed his wounds. The arrow embedded in his side would definitely prevent satisfactory healing. "This goes against all the rules of first aid, I never want you to do this ok?" she said, then ripped out the arrow and immediately healed the wound.

Synthia's mage skill used

-2 skill

+2 magic

John's HP: 10/15

healed 4

ENEMY PHASE

"Oh what the hell?! Three men down already?! Dammit!" Caine shouted. Noticing that Shadrak had caught on he thought up an excuse on the spot. "Listen, kid, if we take them down the fire emblem is ours, right? Isn't that worth it? You wanted information well this is the fucking holy grail, you get that, don't you? The rest of you gun them down, quickly!"

Archer A attacks John! Rolls 4,1,6

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2906546/

HIT

DMG 0

Archer B attacks Amon! Rolls 1,4,6

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2906549/

MISS

Archer C attacks Domovoi! Rolls 1,5,5

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2906552/

CRITICAL HIT

DMG -6 hp

Archer D attacks Nanahm! Rolls 4,6,1

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2906555/

HIT

DMG -7 hp

Caine attacks Gytha! Rolls 6,2,5

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2906556/

HIT

DMG -4 hp

Cleric B heals Archer B!

+3 hp

ENEMIES

Caine 12/12 (Aggressive)

Shaman A 0/9

---

Boris 15/15

Mage A 0/9

Cleric A 0/9

---

Uller 12/12

Cleric B 9/9

---

Archer A 9/9 (Aggressive)

Archer B 5/9 (Aggressive)

Shadrak 9/9

NOTE: Player phase resumes after Zsword's next post.

Edited by Phoenix

That... that ... thing... killed her with no sense of spite or respute... that's just not right... even if the others aren't evil... and I'm fighting for the wrong side... that man has to go down... Shadrak thought to himself quietly as he began focuse his dark magics on the man that just struck down the poor cleric girl.

vs. Janahn (roll=1,5,4)

Hit roll: 1+3<6

Miss

(http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2906567/)

Shadrak cursed himself as the fighter evaded his attack... by losing his composure he lost control of his magic... he had to remain calm... which was rather hard considerring that either side didn't seem to be his...

Domovoi grunted in pain as an arrow tore through his hip, sticking in very deep. He dove towards a nearby archer, aiming a blow at him. As he did so, the archer shot an arrow into him.

"Uhh...Healer!"

Link to Roll: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2906572/

Domovoi: (3,1,6) Hit! (4+3=7) 1+5-1= 5 damage. Archer A 4/9 HP

Archer A: (5,5,4) Hit! 5+3-5= 3 damage. Domovoi 3/12 HP

Amon attacks Archer B! Rolls 2,5,5

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2906570/

CRITICAL HIT

DMG -14 KO

Amon +5 points

The archer had gotten off another shot while trying to avoid him but Amon quickly lunged at the archer before he could ready another arrow and swiftly killed him! The splash of blood got onto Amon's jacket and onto his neck and even the sides of his face. He hadn't expected to so gruesomely slaughter his opponent. As he rose up from the slain man he took a step back, a bit shocked with himself.

I ... I chose a knife because I didn't want to be as brutal in my own self defense ... but this is cleaner than a zweihander when used ... like this. Lady Aisha, what am I doing putting people to death like this?

----

FOR CONVENIENCE

ENEMY UPDATE

ENEMIES

Caine 12/12 (Aggressive)

Shaman A 0/9

---

Boris 15/15

Mage A 0/9

Cleric A 0/9

---

Uller 12/12

Cleric B 9/9

---

Archer A 4/9 (Aggressive)

Archer B 0/9

Shadrak 9/9

Edited by Phoenix

The man she really wanted to bleed wound up slashing at her. Gytha parried his attack, but stil got a nice cut on the back of her wrist. He withdrew behind the remaining shaman after the attack, however, so Gytha knew the human shield had to be cut down. The human shield was quite frightened, but stood his ground. Not like he's survive if he fled anyway.

(4+4)-4 = 4 = hit! (5+5)-1 = 9 damage!

Gytha's sword cut deeply into the remaining shaman's side, knocking him away with the devistating blow. Nothing remained between Gytha and her target. "Let's not fight cowardly, aye?"

Shaman 0/9

Gytha 11/15

+5pts!

Edited by Mercakete

Archers were evil, she concluded. First Raquel, then John, and now Domovoi; the enemy was turning them into pin cushions. Domovoi's wounds were especially bad, seeing as where he was hit she couldn't remove the arrow like before. She healed him the best she could for now.

"I can't remove the arrow, with the condition you're in you'd bleed out too fast. Just... try not to move much"

Domovoi's HP: 6/12 (healed 3)

Taking a hit and shrugging it off for the moment, Nanahm whirled his axe around and brought it crushing through yet another helpless victim. I mean damn, these guys must be butter or some shit.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2906635/

(Mage B is dead. No questions asked, unless these questions pertain to how destructively he exploded)

(2 kills so far, so +10 points. Yippee)