Fire Emblem: Dream of Five

AstraLunaSol

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, just saying, titanium weapons sound very intimidating. Why not something lower on the hardness scale like obsidian or cobalt?

Actually I don't know what a titanium sword would be like but most swords are better not being the hardest metal possible as they need to have a softer center to better absorb the force of the strike. The balance is what matters, as if a sword is made from a material is too soft it would break but I think a titanium sword would be fine.

P.S. An obsidian or cobalt sword would be very cool though.

Edited by Matt Snow

Actually I don't know what a titanium sword would be like but most swords are better not being the hardest metal possible as they need to have a softer center to better absorb the force of the strike. The balance is what matters, as if a sword is made from a material is too soft it would break but I think a titanium sword would be fine.

P.S. An obsidian or cobalt sword would be very cool though.

So I'm guessing diamond weapons are out of the question then.

So I'm guessing diamond weapons are out of the question then.
Probably, yeah plus it would be expensive, like Astra said.
Obsidian is volcanic glass so it'd have to have a durability of about... 3?

But it's super effective agianst Others.... Why 3?

But it's super effective agianst Others.... Why 3?

Try hitting steel with a long slender piece of glass and see how long it lasts you.

No, because they're already powerful as it is.

Really? I the fire sword would only hit fives. Sure it would double but on the enemies with a larger health could easily take hits from it. Meanwhile the everyone else is just slaughtering the enemy.

That's 'cuz the current version of them in rom is already powered up. A lot. Like "shit man this is fucking great" levels of powered up. Like if this shit is sold in stores it'd break the game hard levels of powered up.

So don't really need a stronger version. You wouldn't know because the last available public patch is from like, last year, and that had a much weaker fire sword than what we're having now.

Edited by Zhuge Liang

I don't know. It's about a 5-6 on the hardness scale and was used to make arrowheads. It is also used to make some medical tools like scalpels and whatnot.

Hardness is, unfortunately, not equivalent to toughness. Yes, it can be used to make weapons, but given enough force they will crack and probably shatter. Compare this to steel, which is not as hard but is much more tough and is less shatter-prone. The Wikipedia page won't tell you everything about obsidian, you know :):

Hardness is, unfortunately, not equivalent to toughness. Yes, it can be used to make weapons, but given enough force they will crack and probably shatter. Compare this to steel, which is not as hard but is much more tough and is less shatter-prone. The Wikipedia page won't tell you everything about obsidian, you know :):

Well sorry i'm not a mineral expert. Also hurr durr you need diamonds to mine it.

That's 'cuz the current version of them in rom is already powered up. A lot. Like "shit man this is fucking great" levels of powered up. Like if this shit is sold in stores it'd break the game hard levels of powered up.

So don't really need a stronger version. You wouldn't know because the last available public patch is from like, last year, and that had a much weaker fire sword than what we're having now.

Maybe if you didn't have more than a year between demos people would know this R: