Fire Emblem: Dream of Five

AstraLunaSol

While we appreciate your enthusiasm, please remember that we're all volunteers, and have things to take care of outside of this hack.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i saw on youtube that there is a walkthrough of chapter 15 and im wondering if that patch came out already

No, there will be several more chapters added before a new patch is released.

...That's because there is no hack past Ch. 14A/B at present - this is a work in progress. Once Astra and co. are satisfied with the next set of chapters (about 6 or so), they'll release a new patch that will let you get further. As far as I know you'll even be able to carry your save file over, as long as you don't mind having Katrina as a tent instead of a wagon for a couple of chapters, and you don't mind missing a few changes to the earlier sections.

So just wait patiently. More will come.

From personal experience and looking at the averages, the "growth" characters like Kolbane will generally outclass later joiners like Inari by the time they join- but if you get RNG screwed or the character ends up underleveled replacing them with the later joiner is more effective.

This is generally why most FEs have multiple characters of the same class, even though an early joiner is often better than the later one. See: Lugh and Hugh, Dieck/Oujay/Echidna, Erk/Pent, Oscar and Geoffery, etc.

I like that the design team seemed to acknowledge this and incorporate this aspect into the game. Makes it feel more like a genuine FE.

• 2 weeks later...

the m was intentionally placed there, it stands for monopoly. dof has a monopoly with some of the stronger in the hacking realm, all weak hacks and spat on and discouraged. think of it as hegemony

I played through what you've released for DoF, and I think it's a really great hack; the character design (Ilanice in particular comes to mind, although the characters are all pretty well-designed), the music choices (I liked the remix of Decisive Attack), and the gameplay and map design were all really well-done; I definitely look forward to future updates on Dream of Five.

That being said, these are the main units I used for my playthrough; it was on Onduris route, as you can tell (the images are pretty large, sorry about that):

arHTDKy.png

Garath was mostly used to chip away enemy health. He does that job very, very well.

Bx8nH5p.png

I found Vixenk was a really useful character overall, although he was difficult to train in the beginning.

TalutlQ.png

Seymour was actually my main tank in my playthrough until Driscoll promoted, mainly because of his Gladius. Pretty good/balanced unit.

c1DI7pX.png

Renair has really bizarre stats for me; I feel like I screwed something up.

DnFTkuP.png

Another very useful unit; she's had no trouble leveling up. Her speed and defense are a bit low, but she's pretty good overall.

6c2qtss.png

She was really easy for me to train in-game, and is a pretty balanced unit; I look forward to promoting her.

y90Qs7I.png

She turned out good in everything but HP and defense for me, and, although she's somewhat fragile, she's still a really good unit.

j1lLvTc.png

Skill bad. Everything else good.

ASFyAQc.png

Driscoll is godlike. No one can touch him. I think I might have been slightly lucky with him.

that driscoll looks like my driscoll

aka godly

also haven't been able to get much work done, school sucks and i actually have to try to get grades this year

eclipse has done ch17x and really ch17 is coded, I just need to balance it properly and it's at that weird transition phase between promoted units and unpromoted units for enemies.

Edited by AstraLunaSol

I think school sucks for all of us who are still in school

I've got a couple of graphical things up in my queue but the projects I have due in a couple days and finals in about 2 weeks or so take precedence

...Hmm. Well that's not Aloysius (Farrel) Sarka's talking to, and I don't see a crown. I think we've just been granted a glimpse of this mysterious "Silvie"!

...Or Astra's trolling us...

Hopefully NCFC will be fair this year, given what I've heard about last year's event.

for those of you who missed the livestream

DreamOfFive_01.png

That shadow is very suspicious...

So suspicious, that it's awesome. Will we actually see this guy's face?

Can't wait for the new release.

Edited by PixelmanFE

My money is on him being the main villain (or it's a fake-out and he's just the next arc's villain)

Ch15's opening established Sylphie as a woman, never mind she doesn't sound like the type to plan extensively.

Just binged through most of the thread...This is dedication. I'd lend some cash if I could, but I'm a bit low on funds now...Great work, nonetheless.

Question; Will A Supports affect the main script, at certain points, or enable special conversations, ala Blazing Sword?

also haven't been able to get much work done, school sucks and i actually have to try to get grades this year

eclipse has done ch17x and really ch17 is coded, I just need to balance it properly and it's at that weird transition phase between promoted units and unpromoted units for enemies.

Ah. Yeah, school's been rough for me recently too with all the work. Chapter 16 looks pretty great from that stream, though.

Out of curiosity (and sorry if it's been asked in the past) do you intend to have the characters from both routes cross over or do they stay separate and you just get the characters from your route?

• 4 weeks later...

no chapter 20 will become like chapter 15

unless i pull out the to be continued thing that arch did with EN and what I did earlier in the patch versions

Also since I haven't been getting any progress on this for a while, I'll post a mug instead.

NOPROGRESSLOL.jpg

That's a nice watermark.

That's a pretty looking mug. I wonder who it'll be for. An enemy, or ally? She looks like an enemy too me.

Also, a question: Which chapter are you currently on?