Fire Emblem: Dream of Five

AstraLunaSol

Well, they're both soldiers, and join roughly at the same point in the game. Not sure what else you were expecting?

Well, if they're route-specific, then I'd understand. I just don't know things.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, if they're route-specific, then I'd understand. I just don't know things.

According to Astra in the FEE3 video, he says that Kanus is the tankier one, while Seren is the stronger one.

Edited by PixelmanFE

So I started playing this hack for the first time today and I must say, it's pretty damn fantastic. However, I've noticed something that seems a little... odd. Apologises if it's been brought up before, but I don't feel like reading through 200+ pages

10701ur.png

Is that entrance in the mountain meant to be labelled as "village"? I don't recall any tile like this being in FE7 (could be wrong, mind you), yet I know it was implemented in FE8, but I don't think it was labelled as "village". I also tried interacting with it with a unit on the off chance I could interact with it, but I couldn't do anything with it, which is why it just seems out of place. Granted, reinforcements emerging from it does give the implication people do live there, but I'm still unsure

Just thought I'd bring it up, and I apologise if it was intentional and/or has all ready been addressed

Turns out the same thing happens again in a later chapter, so this post is useless. Oops :c

Edited by DodgeDusk

It's pretty much just because the particular tile that's used in that map is the same tile used as the entrance to a village. Dunno if there's any real way to get around it other than to just use a different tile (if there's on that fits there)

Hey there, it's that guy from before here to complain about things again. Looking at Bellona's growths, she looks quite inferior to Juan. While she does have the higher HP, Skl, and Luck, I don't feel the Def and Res tradeoff is worth the extra skill. Thinking about it now, I can deal with losing a bit of Str and Spd, but this and the other downsides can really start to show later. I haven't tried her yet, but she doesn't look like she'll excel, especially with the time I've already put in with Juan. Her Fire affinity looks like it would help a lot for supports, however.

On the other hand, thinking about the route taken to get her, she does have her uses. With the two maps after she comes in, flying units help. You'll need a few to save Balder and Lienn in 10B, and you'll need them to get the chests on the left ship in 11B. It especially helps that she excels in defense since the reinforcements in both those and the succeeding maps consist of mostly physical units. Glad I acknowledged her higher points before I decided move on.

I know that supports haven't been fully implemented yet, but I felt it worth noting that the support between Vixenk and Seymour, only Vixenk receives the bonuses and Seymour nothing.

On the topic of supports, are there any small hints to look for support pairings aside from direct relationships? I already found Asher's supports with Driscoll and Gabriel, and Garath's and Amelia's supports by accident. I'll understand if no one wants to reveal anything, but I'm just the tiniest bit OBSESSED obsessed with supports.

Hey there, it's that guy from before here to complain about things again. Looking at Bellona's growths, she looks quite inferior to Juan. While she does have the higher HP, Skl, and Luck, I don't feel the Def and Res tradeoff is worth the extra skill. Thinking about it now, I can deal with losing a bit of Str and Spd, but this and the other downsides can really start to show later. I haven't tried her yet, but she doesn't look like she'll excel, especially with the time I've already put in with Juan. Her Fire affinity looks like it would help a lot for supports, however.

On the other hand, thinking about the route taken to get her, she does have her uses. With the two maps after she comes in, flying units help. You'll need a few to save Balder and Lienn in 10B, and you'll need them to get the chests on the left ship in 11B. It especially helps that she excels in defense since the reinforcements in both those and the succeeding maps consist of mostly physical units. Glad I acknowledged her higher points before I decided move on.

I know that supports haven't been fully implemented yet, but I felt it worth noting that the support between Vixenk and Seymour, only Vixenk receives the bonuses and Seymour nothing.

On the topic of supports, are there any small hints to look for support pairings aside from direct relationships? I already found Asher's supports with Driscoll and Gabriel, and Garath's and Amelia's supports by accident. I'll understand if no one wants to reveal anything, but I'm just the tiniest bit OBSESSED obsessed with supports.

Here's the first post:

There's a stat calculator linked in there, use it

Crunch some numbers, and then tell me why you think that Bellona is worse than Juan. While I don't mind your opinion, I think it would be more helpful if you could back it up with numbers.

Don't use the Gdocs version, Eclipse's js version should be in the OP and hosted on my dropbox.

Wrt supports I don't think there's anything ingame that indicates the pairups between two non-obvious units, but we may release the support list later. I think it would be nice to have something similar to the FE13 support screen, but technical limitations, etc. We'll release the list probably after we're actually done writing them, or something, considering the majority of the supports are unwritten since we want to focus on the main story first. Many of the supports that do exist are a bit outdated with regards to changes to story version as well. But do keep on telling if there's any issues like the one you had with Vixenk and Seymour. We appreciate that.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Yeah it used to be a spreadsheet on my google docs but people can't seem to follow instructions and I had to fix formulas every 5 seconds so Eclipse wrote a js version that got rid of the problems we had with people not following instructions

Here's the first post:

There's a stat calculator linked in there, use it

Crunch some numbers, and then tell me why you think that Bellona is worse than Juan. While I don't mind your opinion, I think it would be more helpful if you could back it up with numbers.

Yeah, I've been using the stat calculator, and they do both end up well. I was just spookled by the 35% speed growth and wanted to express my concerns. To me, the smallest of margins make a difference and I got worried about getting speed-screwed. Happened to Kolbane in one of my old runs(thankfully his defense made up for it).

thank you for pointing out village path, will fix

you're both incorrect

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97876165/Stat%20Calculator%20v2/Calculator.html

like with almost everyone that comes later, they are almost always inferior to the first unit you get in the end, though the gap shouldn't be large, and it isn't

bellona gets in comparison like -2 str and -1 def for higher in basically everything else or tie because of caps.

also since i posted this before, bellona, kanus, balder and lienn are getting buffs so they don't die and suck

there will be a list and yeah thank you for posting about the vixenk/seymour difference, there's a reason fro that and it's simply a clerical error on my part when setting supports up

So due to my lack of foresight, I found out FAR too late that no one in 14B had any door keys. Due to the aforementioned lack of foresight, I know this is my fault.

I also feel like it'd be nice to brag about my super-units.

zVLgaBn.png

Juan ended up awesome, too bad he won't cap either his Str or Def which he did with the former in my B run.

dheyZda.png

Enjolras and his bro Gabriel destroy everything with non-existent Res.

7bEIPZS.png

Them both being able to take hits is also is nice.

TxjTj1B.png

Garath's still staying strong. Don't care if nothing else goes up, doubling matters.

yV9qx0X.png

Driscoll's probably the physical MVP in this run. Also this was a thing:

l4VgtDQ.png

Critted down to 1 HP and knocks out Musain. I thought I'd have to reach back to another save state. This is when I knew he'd get the Blade Crest.

So due to my lack of foresight, I found out FAR too late that no one in 14B had any door keys. Due to the aforementioned lack of foresight, I know this is my fault.

Onduris has a lack of keys/stealable lockpicks in general. The warning bells were ringing for me when I hit Ch. 12B and had no keys, and 4 - 6 uses of Chester's lockpick left. I promptly hit the Vendor of that chapter and walked away with ~10 door keys, and saved the lockpick for chests.

If you do reach Ch. 14B without any door keys/lockpick uses, there's a possible solution you can use. Get Chester into the treasure room and steal the lockpick from the thief that appears on ~ turn 9. Really though, Ch. 13B and 14B need a droppable door key each, so there's always a way to reach the boss and finish the chapter (providing you aren't a nitwit and chuck away the key!). Otherwise, if Chester's speed is too low to steal that lockpick...

Edited by Wayward Winds

You don't need a Door Key to finish 13B, there's a clear path to the boss. You'll just miss out on a chest, maybe two.

14B I agree would benefit from a droppable Door Key considering how far Chester has to run back.

Gosh I have to be doing something wrong here, cause it doesn't seem like anyone else is having these problems.
Anyway, I'll throw out there what I don't like.

Loved everything about the beginning and still love the story.

Problems I started running into...

-Enemies' stats increase but their level stays very low, so I get little exp.

-Not enough gold, or not enough weapons and equipment given to us. I did miss 15,000 gold from chests, but still feel like I wouldn't be at all satisfied with that. I'm really struggling with my equipment lol

-Not enough promotion items. I had 4 people maxed at 20 and zero promotion items for far too long... Especially a mage promotion

Now, I realize this is probably on purpose just to make it a little more difficult, which I guess is fine.
I wouldn't really consider this game hard, I just don't like these things lol.

But if it's what you want, it's your game

Edited by Turtlesoup

Gosh I have to be doing something wrong here, cause it doesn't seem like anyone else is having these problems.

Anyway, I'll throw out there what I don't like.

Loved everything about the beginning and still love the story.

Problems I started running into...

-Enemies' stats increase but their level stays very low, so I get little exp.

-Not enough gold, or not enough weapons and equipment given to us. I did miss 15,000 gold from chests, but still feel like I wouldn't be at all satisfied with that. I'm really struggling with my equipment lol

-Not enough promotion items. I had 4 people maxed at 20 and zero promotion items for far too long... Especially a mage promotion

Now, I realize this is probably on purpose just to make it a little more difficult, which I guess is fine.

I wouldn't really consider this game hard, I just don't like these things lol.

But if it's what you want, it's your game

I noticed the low level, high stats enemies too. Even for a high difficult it still seems strange as a design choice. I've always had enough gold even when I missed it, in fact I've probably been hoarding it. It's been said before on the thread that in the next chapter after 14A/B there'll be a lot more promotion items to come.

Hope that helps a little!

enemies levels have been raised a bit (it's still relatively low but not as much as the current patch) every since we did a modification of the exp thing that causes enemies to give otherwise way too much exp

in v4's testing, for example, we experimented with upping the levels a bit and I ended up coming out of chapter 3 with a team of lv9-10s. It was a conscious choice so that we can better tailor enemy stats to chapter without too much inflation because player leveling too fast

as you have several people maxed at 20 exp is clearly not an actual problem considering the current patch isn't even halfway through the game

The new patch will include more promo items from chapter 15 on

Edited by Thor Odinson

maybe this calls for less quantity of enemies (quality > quantity), more available units to use per chapter, or increasing the level cap/adding a 3rd tier instead of making the game seem more dull and tedious by having to slowly kill a ton of enemies to level up

*shot*

I noticed the low level, high stats enemies too. Even for a high difficult it still seems strange as a design choice. I've always had enough gold even when I missed it, in fact I've probably been hoarding it. It's been said before on the thread that in the next chapter after 14A/B there'll be a lot more promotion items to come.

Hope that helps a little!

I guess I am only at 13, it's just that these past few chapters are killing me with having maxed characters (don't want to use them because of exp) and all my equipment breaking on me!

enemies levels have been raised a bit (it's still relatively low but not as much as the current patch) every since we did a modification of the exp thing that causes enemies to give otherwise way too much exp

in v4's testing, for example, we experimented with upping the levels a bit and I ended up coming out of chapter 3 with a team of lv9-10s. It was a conscious choice so that we can better tailor enemy stats to chapter without too much inflation because player leveling too fast

as you have several people maxed at 20 exp is clearly not an actual problem considering the current patch isn't even halfway through the game

The new patch will include more promo items from chapter 15 on

I see, well I hope everything's going well and you're still enjoying it!

Also, the few characters I have at 20 are the only one's I have been using so that they could get exp haha.

I lost three characters when I suddenly found out that my team was entering the map at different points throughout the battle. No redoing could have saved them lol.

maybe this calls for less quantity of enemies (quality > quantity), more available units to use per chapter, or increasing the level cap/adding a 3rd tier instead of making the game seem more dull and tedious by having to slowly kill a ton of enemies to level up

You're implying there's grinding but you get by just fine killing the shit in your way.

Also, the few characters I have at 20 are the only one's I have been using so that they could get exp haha.

I lost three characters when I suddenly found out that my team was entering the map at different points throughout the battle. No redoing could have saved them lol.

Ah. THAT MAP.

It's plenty doable, if you're willing to be a tad unconventional. Somewhere in the midst of this topic is a run I did, with some of the worst characters, on a version of the game that was slightly harder. It's possible to get everyone out alive, I promise!

Ah. THAT MAP.

It's plenty doable, if you're willing to be a tad unconventional. Somewhere in the midst of this topic is a run I did, with some of the worst characters, on a version of the game that was slightly harder. It's possible to get everyone out alive, I promise!

Well then, let me give you the whole scenario. A save state is the only thing that gave two of my characters a chance.

At some point I decided that I didn't want to bother with Driscol the fighter and that first dark mage you get, so I put all of their inventory into my box... little did I know I was soon not going to be able to trade or choose a formation before the chapter started.

On a side note, I put all of Garath's inventory into the box as well, making the side quest where I had to save him way harder than it should have been!

Anyway, Driscol and that mage enter the map together at the bottom right, no weapons or anything. Died.

Had a save state to in previous chapter, bought them an axe and flux, they still eventually died because I didn't have enough gold to also buy them potions!

Now... The only chance I would have had would be to have maybe rushed down there with the initial group, but with their stats I don't think that was even possible haha

Anyway, you may be right and they could have survived, but after trying a few times I decided they weren't worth it.

Oh and Asher died by me just making a mistake, also someone I wasn't going to use anymore, left him dead.