Integrity Plays Gaiden!

Integrity

Hello, NES and SNES. I, uh, well, you're a new crowd for me. By the request of The Man Once Known As Luka (Haruhi Suzumiya as of this posting) I've decided to video Let's Play Gaiden. Blind. Therefore violating the First Rule of LP. It's going to be horrible, probably, but as long as I'm not getting overwhelmingly negative feedback I'll plug away at it.

Anyway, onwards and upwards. Feedback appreciated, questions to be answered:

wtf is this shrine?

Promote early? It seems the answer to this is yes.

Is Silk actually a Drasnian spy?

Edited by Integrity

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kay, gonna answer some of your questions for you.

1. Growths in this game are bad in comparison to - say - EVERY OTHER FE GAME

2. As you've already noticed you can move around on the world map and stuff, just like in any JRPG. So do that

3. Cliff starts out the worst but has the most potential out of the three villagers

4. Promoting as early as possible is a good idea because promotion only raises your unit's stats to the bases of the class he's getting promoted to(if the stats were below that)

5. Villager class has the option to promote to several classes - revisit a shrine if you don't like the promotion you can have now

5. Alm is one of the two lords in this game

Edited by Excellen Browning

Sweeeeetnesssss

Shrines promote your guys. The little lion statues give bonus stats to a unit. There's 2 and you can use them a combined total of 3 times. Later on in the game there's a revival shrine as well but hopefully you won't need to use it.

Yes, promote early. It helps drastically. Also, first tier for the most part promote at level 7, then level... 12, I believe. Mages promote at level 12, Witches (you get those later) have to promote at level 20, Villagers promote at level 3, the lords promote with events, and there's another one I don't know if you remember but it's veeeery fun.

Silk, traitor? No, silly. :P

Weapons work really funny in this game, by the way, which I think I told you about. Oh, and for villager promotions, it asks you a random class and you can say "no," walk back a step, and try again. I'd suggest going with Cliff as mage. The other two are up to you, but they suck as mages so don't do that.

Also, you get no axe users in this game. Just a note that doesn't really matter as WT doesn't exist.

Oh, and the "seize point" is basically just a fort. No worries about instant losing~

"Rest" has you sit there on the world map if there's any moving enemy troops on the map, but that doesn't happen until like chapter 3.

Also, the boss music is really kickass. Alm is also the only person who has a critical animation. But you gotta turn animations on when you get 3rd tiers, they're awesome. AND I TOLD YOU, BASIC BOWS GET 1-3 RANGE, BOWS YOU EQUIP GET 1-5 RANGE, AND BOW KNIGHTS HAVE 1-5 RANGE. WHY WERE YOU SURPRISED, INTEG, DIDN'T YOU LISTEN ;_;

Group EXP... I'm not entirely sure how it works, but after every battle it gets added onto your people's level but will never level them up. It's a nice little addition for helping people like Cliff who is a bitch to level.

Distribute a point of speed to Cliff, another to Luka, and lastly to Gray.

And that's all! That was a great watch again Integ. :D

Edited by Haruhi Suzumiya

Is Silk actually a Drasnian spy?

That would've been so godly. FE2 needs less in the way of Bonewalkers and more in the way of professional badasses.

I mean, seriously, the guy's a pivotal third of a group containing the sorceror-king of Riva and MOTHERFUCKING BELGARATH. Jesus.

Cliff: Mage

Robin: Archer

Third guy: Merc

Cecilica's guy: I like cav, but he doesn't even matter.

Use all the clerics D:

I totally told you to play this before Lightning did. >_>

ALSO IF THIS IS EASY MODE, AROUND THE BEGINING OF PART 3, KILL CLEA. Then Celica has 4 pegasus knights. :awesome:

Oh. I think you can still do that on normal too. You just have to push fancy buttons when making a new game to put it in normal like how you get Elite Mode in FE5.

If you do decide to grind, it's a lot easier to steal the shield from Dozer at the end of Part one. And level Celica to like 7 before you fight the Dracozombie later in her route.

Also: Decide if you want a mage or a merc later since you have to choose between one or the other.

Uh...I believe that's all, but make sure you visit the fort in the upcoming battle to get Clea since you need her to get Clerve I believe.

Integ, don't gind for Dozer's dragonshield. It trivializes the game D:

Archer Grey is great. He makes a good Cav too. Robin makes a good Merc so you chose well thar :D and I didn't lie about Cliff, I said 3. wtf are you angry bout.

"Couldn't steal HP" is Nosferatu's miss text. As you obviously noticed mountains give huge ass evade bonuses. Here's the great thing about magic: it says "fuck you" to those. :D That's why having a Mage there is good. I kinda forgot about the Mercenary, sorry...

If I recall correctly mages and witches use "Fire" as a counter for enemy phase. Celica counters with her sword at close range and fire from 2 range, Clerics as you use Nosferatu, and Saints unfortunately move up to Angel which costs 4 HP. So rather pathetically, Clerics are better tanks than their promotion. Also, you can't kill yourself with magic. The game just doesn't let you, which is very nice.

Also, you always take 1 damage no matter how goddamn high your defense is, so giving Alm the shield is really useless. Silk is a good candidate for it, as is any Archer or Mage.

I recommend Merc for Atlas. If you're not grinding level ups later on when it's easy, he'll at least have some use due to nice SPD and his nice STR growth. His damage output was better than some of my tier 2 mercs while he was still tier 1.

Edited by Sirius

I don't intend to grind shit. I intend to figure out what my objectives are (I suppose this chapter is killing Dilldozer?) and make my way to them, stopping at any locations of interest. Like those castles.

And now you are learning the true meaning of Grey -> Merc and Robin -> Archer.

Robin's suck helps with pot shots and 1-5 range chipping.

Grey's awesomeness, especially once Alm gets the Regal Sword and Grey gets the Thunder sword in chapter 3, can only go up. :/

Psych, Robin is easily a better candidate for the Thunder Sword. It hurts Grey's damage output while helping Robin's. Merc!Robin is definitely his best class. Grey's good enough with pretty much anything but Mage. Putting both as a Merc is downright stupid because item distribution will fuck up. Having two pretty good characters is better than 1 good character and 1 meh. Always.

Anyways, Integ, that "Bolt" is a magic sword, the only one in the game IIRC. 15 damage - res (which, until you face promoted units, is damn near always zero). Give it to Robin as he needs it. Alm gets his own special sword later. And then another one at the very end.