Seize Quetion

The_Steel_Lance

I was wondering how I could give a unit like Kent or Sain the ability to seize a throne?

Yes you can, so what you would have to do is dissamble the events of the certain chapter you want, then under location events where it says 0x03 replace it with whatever Sain or Kent's character ID is (you can find this in your nightmare modules under character editor), assemble your events and you should be able to sieze with whatever character you put in for seizing.

Yes you can, so what you would have to do is dissamble the events of the certain chapter you want, then under location events where it says 0x03 replace it with whatever Sain or Kent's character ID is (you can find this in your nightmare modules under character editor), assemble your events and you should be able to sieze with whatever character you put in for seizing.

Um, no. It doesn't work that way.

In the events, a seize code would look like this:

LOCA eventID offset [X,Y] 0xF

EventID would be some hex value, offset would be some hex value, whatever. In none of those does it actually specify who does the seizing.

So what does? That is a question to the ASM hackers, like Nintenlord or something. I would bet it's something to do with the "lord" flag in the Character Editor.

tl;dr you can't do it

Can't let you do that.

You definitely can. This one's for Lyn Mode. Doesn't have ANYTHING to do with the "Lord" flag in the character module.

R0 contains the character number)

34896: cmp r0, #0x03

Bne 0x348A6

Mov r2, #0x01

B 0x348a8

348a6: Mov r2, #0x00

(From here on it compares r2 to 00 and 01, and decides based on that)

Do what Nintenlord did for the Character Banner/Forcer hacks, and make a 0x00 terminated array of the characters you want to be able sieze.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Yep, like that bit that Rey posted from my notes specify, it is very simple, all you need to do is to change that condition check.

Keep in mind that it will work for the whole of Lyn mode if you use those offsets. Those aren't checked in Hector and Eliwood mode. if you want your Kent and Sain seizing for the whole of Lyn mode, change that one. If not, you could do like I did in my FE8 hack, and get rid of the "different check for each mode", making a single check for all 3 modes.

Without ASM, however, it should be impossible, I am afraid. :( If it is that imperative for you to have them seizing, then either Rey or I could come up with a solution, if you wait for some moment we have free time of course.

You definitely can.
Without ASM, however, it should be impossible, I am afraid.

Don't be a smartass Rey, you know I'm talking about without ASM hacking, and that since no one has made an easy-to-use hack that allows for this, and he probably doesn't know ASM himself, he's not going to be able to do it. And you also know I didn't explain the circumstances because it's not only been explained tons of times before, but because it'd ruin the Wolf joke if I said anything more. So stop trying to purposely be an ass to me, I don't appreciate it or think it's funny.

@The_Steel_Lance, do you need to have multiple characters seize? Because that would be a little bit more complex than just changing who can seize, and both are complex, as they involve ASM hacking, which since you asked the question in the first place, I'm guessing you don't know. If you only need 1 person to seize, but you don't want it to be Lyn, the quick solution is to just turn whoever you want to seize into Lyn by copying their character data and the such, and in-game it'll look like X person will be seizing, when it was originally Lyn's slot (which is irrelevant to players).

@The_Steel_Lance, do you need to have multiple characters seize? Because that would be a little bit more complex than just changing who can seize, and both are complex, as they involve ASM hacking, which since you asked the question in the first place, I'm guessing you don't know. If you only need 1 person to seize, but you don't want it to be Lyn, the quick solution is to just turn whoever you want to seize into Lyn by copying their character data and the such, and in-game it'll look like X person will be seizing, when it was originally Lyn's slot (which is irrelevant to players).

That is exactly what I ended up doing. Thanks.

Don't be a smartass Rey, you know I'm talking about without ASM hacking, and that since no one has made an easy-to-use hack that allows for this, and he probably doesn't know ASM himself, he's not going to be able to do it. And you also know I didn't explain the circumstances because it's not only been explained tons of times before, but because it'd ruin the Wolf joke if I said anything more. So stop trying to purposely be an ass to me, I don't appreciate it or think it's funny.

U mad?

How's he being a smart ass in the least? He answered the guy's question XD

Whether or not it involves ASM, doesn't mean he didn't give a true answer to Steel Lance. Just because YOU take it as a personal attack, because you've got some hurt in your butt, doesn't make him a smart ass.