Second Play-Through

Tall-Guy

Hey Guys! :-)

I finished my first (and hard) run some time ago. My mistake was the fact I tried to level everyone equally, and found out it's a mistake only later on. The last 5-6 levels were pain with mid-level team. But the good news I'm ready to re-play it. I have two goals for this play through:

1. As I already had some hard time with the game, I wish my next run to be easy as pie. Thats why I'm picking Normal. Actually, the reason why i'm re-playing it is because I want to access those Gaiden levels

2. Have an OKish pool of Wifi team. I'm not going to be expert on Wifi nor play for the next few years. I'm just want a group to experience few Wifi games, my main goal is still the single player

I was reading a lot of "Pick my Team" threads here, but It left me more confused as things gets deeper and deeper. I would be thankful if you can guys can list a team required for the above goals. That way I can know who to focus and level and who I can sacrifice for the Gaiden levels. You probably seen those quite a lot in the past. So if you can address me to a good post... (I couldn't find any).

Thanks!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you trying to make a serious Wifi team, a casual one, or did I completely misunderstand you?

Well, Probably even less then Casual. My main agenda is a good team for Gaiden-Level normal run. At the end of the Run, I might try to play 2-6 Wifi games just for the experience of that with what I have from the Gaiden run. In case i'll really enjoy Wifi, I'll just play the game again with focus on leveling Wifi toons.

As the founder of Pick My Team runs (well, I think, I dunno), I find that I must submit a choice for your to-be team.

Being as this is a Gaiden team, you must have 15 people. My choice for you, since you seem to still be a greenhorn, is:

Lena: Cleric->Sage

Don't say you don't have a gimme.

As the founder of Pick My Team runs (well, I think, I dunno), I find that I must submit a choice for your to-be team.

Being as this is a Gaiden team, you must have 15 people. My choice for you, since you seem to still be a greenhorn, is:

Lena: Cleric->Sage

Don't say you don't have a gimme.

I'll take greenhorn as a compliment :-)

So when do I change her class to Sage? Most people do that on Level 20, but is it possible to bring her to level 20 on a normal run without her reaching it at the very end of the run? I'm not going to abuse the arena too much I think.

So, 14 to go? :)

So when do I change her class to Sage? Most people do that on Level 20, but is it possible to bring her to level 20 on a normal run without her reaching it at the very end of the run? I'm not going to abuse the arena too much I think.

So, 14 to go? :)

Honestly, that's totally up to you. With Lena as a Cleric, it's likely that you'll cap her level at 20 by around chapter 20ish, if you're not rushing your way through. Your first 3 opportunities to promote come at chapter 10 and 12 (1 Seal and 2 Seals respectively), and those might as well be reserved for other key party members as well. Keep in mind that since you're getting selected a team, 1 of which will [hopefully] include Marth, that you're not going to be able to promote everyone unless you get some Manaketes, Pre-promotes, or Thieves, without the use of Wi-fi shopping.

Depending on your party, you may not even want to promote Lena, as her uses as a Cleric pour well into her promoted stages, and her initial E-rank in Tomes and mediocre speed and magic growths and crappy HP and Def will make it difficult for her to do more than be a Gharnef target with Pure Water.

Even as a Cleric, she does that quite well btw.

Honestly, that's totally up to you. With Lena as a Cleric, it's likely that you'll cap her level at 20 by around chapter 20ish, if you're not rushing your way through. Your first 3 opportunities to promote come at chapter 10 and 12 (1 Seal and 2 Seals respectively), and those might as well be reserved for other key party members as well. Keep in mind that since you're getting selected a team, 1 of which will [hopefully] include Marth, that you're not going to be able to promote everyone unless you get some Manaketes, Pre-promotes, or Thieves, without the use of Wi-fi shopping.

Depending on your party, you may not even want to promote Lena, as her uses as a Cleric pour well into her promoted stages, and her initial E-rank in Tomes and mediocre speed and magic growths and crappy HP and Def will make it difficult for her to do more than be a Gharnef target with Pure Water.

Even as a Cleric, she does that quite well btw.

Fair enough. So let us see what 15 members are going to be on the final team and decide based on that. Would you be able to supply a list of full and balance group? Thanks :)

Don't hate me. Its a good unit.

Draug: Dark Mage->Sorcerer.

Isn't Draug is a Knight. When you say 'Dark Mage->Sorcerer' you mean I should re-class him to be a Dark mage and then promote him to be a Sorcerer? and if so - should I reclass him straight away when I can? or let him level as a knight?

Cool then :-)

So, we have:

Marth: Lord

Lena: Start as Cleric and Promote to Sage later on

Draug: Re-class when possible to Dark Mage and promote later on to Sorcerer.

Any reason why everyone just pick one unit? is this is how it working for pick a group? :)

That's how Pick-A-Team works.

Since you're just starting, I'll give you something that's relatively easy to work with.

Sedgar: Hero (make sure his main weapon is an axe)

Cool then :-)

So, we have:

Lena: Start as Cleric and Promote to Sage later on

Draug: Re-class when possible to Dark Mage and promote later on to Sorcerer.

Any reason why everyone just pick one unit? is this is how it working for pick a group? :)

Typically, multiple people pick 1 unit, instead of a whole team. This prevents too much Bias and promotes variety.

Also, you're not allowed to use Marth for Battle unless someone picks him. If he's not picked by anyone, he is only for Siezing and items/doors/convoy/chests/shopping.

Chapter 4 is when you can begin reclassing units from earlier chapters btw. Some people may encourage varied promotion, such as Mercenary->Horseman Ogma (For instance)

And trust me. Draug as a Dark Mage will be beastly fast for your Dark mage/Sorcerer. He capp's his Speed at 25 roughly at 20/7. Make sure that before chapter 4, he gets a level that includes at least 1 or 2 point sin Str, so that way his Tomes don't weigh him down and cut his speed early on. You'll be thanking 13 for Sorcerer!Draug by chapter 7. Assuming you recruit Merric, he gets to use Excalibur at B-rank, which guarantees the kill of any flying unit in the game. Trust me. You're blessed with superior magical units already.

And for organizational purposes: Organize your team layout as:

Difficulty: [insert Difficulty Here]

Lena: Cleric -> Sage

Draug: Dark Mage -> Sorcerer

This allows you and us to keep track of who you get, and who they are/will become much easier.

Typically, multiple people pick 1 unit, instead of a whole team. This prevents too much Bias and promotes variety.

Also, you're not allowed to use Marth for Battle unless someone picks him. If he's not picked by anyone, he is only for Siezing and items/doors/convoy/chests/shopping.

Chapter 4 is when you can begin reclassing units from earlier chapters btw. Some people may encourage varied promotion, such as Mercenary->Horseman Ogma (For instance)

And trust me. Draug as a Dark Mage will be beastly fast for your Dark mage/Sorcerer. He capp's his Speed at 25 roughly at 20/7. Make sure that before chapter 4, he gets a level that includes at least 1 or 2 point sin Str, so that way his Tomes don't weigh him down and cut his speed early on. You'll be thanking 13 for Sorcerer!Draug by chapter 7. Assuming you recruit Merric, he gets to use Excalibur at B-rank, which guarantees the kill of any flying unit in the game. Trust me. You're blessed with superior magical units already.

And for organizational purposes: Organize your team layout as:

Difficulty: [insert Difficulty Here]

This allows you and us to keep track of who you get, and who they are/will become much easier.

Getting Interesting :-)

Does the people who pick my group aware of the fact I only have specific number of Promotes per game? Or at the end I'll have to choose my own promotes?

Summing it up:

Difficulty: Normal

Sedger: Hero (Use Axe)

Thats 3 + Marth as he has to be in your group. 11 to go :-)

Honestly, that's totally up to you. With Lena as a Cleric, it's likely that you'll cap her level at 20 by around chapter 20ish, if you're not rushing your way through. Your first 3 opportunities to promote come at chapter 10 and 12 (1 Seal and 2 Seals respectively), and those might as well be reserved for other key party members as well.

I'm sorry, but when was it hard to get Lena to level 20? It's entirely possible to have her level 20 for the first seal. On normal mode no less. Though there she might have to be your only healer. I'm almost certain she'll be in the upper teens. Probably higher on a HM.

I didn't know about the chat option, nice.

I'll give the forum a try first, hopefully more people will join to the pick a group rotation soon :)

if people are picking again, then I suppose that I can as well.

It's going to be annoying as heck to get through the game without a thief, but I'm giving you Rickord: Thief->Thief

There's 1 less person you have to worry about promoting.

Why do you need Thief for? Can't I just use keys?

Athena: Archer -> Dracoknight

Xane

Cord: Hunter -> Horseman

Rickord: Thief

Roshea: Myrmidon -> Bishop

And 6 to go :-)

Why do you need Thief for? Can't I just use keys?

Considering that in order to open chests, your options are Master Keys (Extremely Limited), Marth (which slows down siezing), and Thieves, I figured you'd want a viable option for opening doors and chests with just one person without slowwing you too down. See chapter Star and Savior for an example.