Second Play-Through

Tall-Guy

Considering that in order to open chests, your options are Master Keys (Extremely Limited), Marth (which slows down siezing), and Thieves, I figured you'd want a viable option for opening doors and chests with just one person without slowwing you too down. See chapter Star and Savior for an example.

Why should I be ready for slow Siezing? on most levels you can finish the end boss, then send Marth collect the Chests. I guess I should try to level Rickord though? maybe I can even ditch him at the end of the game for a better unit on the 15 countdown?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why should I be ready for slow Siezing? on most levels you can finish the end boss, then send Marth collect the Chests. I guess I should try to level Rickord though? maybe I can even ditch him at the end of the game for a better unit on the 15 countdown?

Well, another perk is that you save on Door Keys and the almighty 2 Bridge Keys...AND it's someone you don't have to worry about promoting

Well, another perk is that you save on Door Keys and the almighty 2 Bridge Keys...AND it's someone you don't have to worry about promoting

Fair enough. Would you bother to level him? or not even let him fight?

Difficulty: Normal

Marth: Lord

Lena: Cleric -> Sage

Draug: Dark Mage -> Sorcerer

Sedger: Hero (Use Axe)

Athena: Archer -> Dracoknight

Xane

Cord: Hunter -> Horseman

Rickord: Thief

Roshea: Myrmidon -> Bishop

Still hoping of the last 6 today because I want to start starting to play it :P

If you're still needing picks bad, I might suggest that you add Radd: Archer->Sniper

That'll make things a little more interesting, and I'm curious to see how he does as a Sniper.

Xane

Radd: Archer -> Sniper

Barst: Hunter -> Warrior

Tomas: Mage->Swordmaster

2 More Promotes Left, 3 more Toons :)

Xane

Navarre: Cavalier -> Swordmaster

Astram: General

Dolph: Hunter --> Warrior

So we have 15 Members, and 10 Promotes (Can do 11 Right?).

Now for the Aftermath:

1. Review the team: Does this look like a balanced Easy Gaiden run on Normal? If not, suggest which toon you going to replace and why :-)

2. Do I need to spend some time on the Arena with any of those? or should I be fine without?

3. Do I have enough Healers? (I mostly use two)

4. Should I level them all equally? or some should be leveled faster as they are more all-around toons.

Edited by Tall-Guy

So we have 15 Members, and 10 Promotes (Can do 11 Right?).

Now for the Aftermath:

1. Review the team: Does this look like a balanced Easy Gaiden run on Normal? If not, suggest which toon you going to replace and why :-)

2. Do I need to spend some time on the Arena with any of those? or should I be fine without?

3. Do I have enough Healers? (I mostly use two)

4. Should I level them all equally? or some should be leveled faster as they are more all-around toons.

1: Super easy. You'll have no problems at all. I did a similar run on H3 with a team pretty similar to yours, and I was able to complete 90% of the game with extreme ease. Marth will have the entire Prologue 1-4 for himself, and will likely come out of that around level 7-8.

Sorry about Tomas though. Make sure you pump his Sword rank andf get him the Devil Sword as soon as you can. That'll make him keep up with your team no matter how he does.

2: You can handle the entire game w/o visitting the arena once. You may want to give Tomas and Roshea maybe 3 or so levels in case they're having trouble keeping up with the team though. Not too much though...don't make it too easy for yourself.

3: Yes. Lena will hold you over just fine until you can promote people, and you'll likely have Draug be an offensive unit and Lena remain Defensive. Roshea, depending on his speed and mag, will probably do fine as either offensive or defensive.

4: Obviously Draug, Cord, Athena, and Barst will level faster than the rest, due to them all being more useful than anyone else. Try to keep people leveled up within 3-4 levels of eachother if you can, but don't fret if you don't.

Golden rule: 1 Strong unit is worth 5 Average units, and he is also worth 10 Weak units.

*COUGH*obvioustroll*COUGH*

Every team gets one. I got Maria Mage->Swordmaster in my run. She actually turned out decent. Would've been better, but my Hard3 run included only D and E rank weaponry, so she could never benefit from a Levin Sword T.T

1: Super easy. You'll have no problems at all. I did a similar run on H3 with a team pretty similar to yours, and I was able to complete 90% of the game with extreme ease. Marth will have the entire Prologue 1-4 for himself, and will likely come out of that around level 7-8.

Sorry about Tomas though. Make sure you pump his Sword rank andf get him the Devil Sword as soon as you can. That'll make him keep up with your team no matter how he does.

2: You can handle the entire game w/o visitting the arena once. You may want to give Tomas and Roshea maybe 3 or so levels in case they're having trouble keeping up with the team though. Not too much though...don't make it too easy for yourself.

3: Yes. Lena will hold you over just fine until you can promote people, and you'll likely have Draug be an offensive unit and Lena remain Defensive. Roshea, depending on his speed and mag, will probably do fine as either offensive or defensive.

4: Obviously Draug, Cord, Athena, and Barst will level faster than the rest, due to them all being more useful than anyone else. Try to keep people leveled up within 3-4 levels of eachother if you can, but don't fret if you don't.

Golden rule: 1 Strong unit is worth 5 Average units, and he is also worth 10 Weak units.

1. OK then. I'll solo the Prologue with Marth then.

2. About don't make it too easy, the post actually made me consider try H1, just for the sport of it. Is it still possible to do it with the above group?

3. When you say "Offensive" you mean a Healer? or a unit that suppose to absorb damage?

Roshea Myrmidon -> Bishop Trollish? :o

Well, any more trollish toons I should know about? Now I'll have to switch Roshea :-(

:P

1. OK then. I'll solo the Prologue with Marth then.

2. About don't make it too easy, the post actually made me consider try H1, just for the sport of it. Is it still possible to do it with the above group?

3. When you say "Offensive" you mean a Healer? or a unit that suppose to absorb damage?

Roshea Myrmidon -> Bishop Trollish? :o

Well, any more trollish toons I should know about? Now I'll have to switch Roshea :-(

:P

Don't switch Roshea. It'll make things interesting. The entire group you have selected can be used on any difficulty, and I suggest attempting at least H1.

And Offensive refers to the ability of using Tomes and Staves. The primary ability of Draug will lie in his ability to use heavy hitting spells without taking speed penalties. Give him Elfire and Bolganone and Excalibur, and a Heal or Mend, and bring him up to the front lines, right behind Barst and Navarre and watch him wreak havoc. If he's needed to heal, he can, but he'll likely be doing more damage than anything else.

Also. Remember that anyone with an A-rank gets +1 Dmg with whatever type of weapon they have the A-rank in.

And Ranked, for overall offensive/powerhouse battle usefulness:

Athena: Archer -> Dracoknight Navarre: Cavalier -> Swordmaster

Dolph: Hunter --> Warrior

Astram: General

And because he doesn't actually fight unless he copies someone else,

Xane

Troll units include Tomas (though Give him a Levin Sword ad Devil Sword when he promotes, and watch the awesomeness ensue), and Roshea (He'll be fast and have decent HP so he should be able to hold his own as a healer. Give him Fire too, just to protect himself, but don't expect a ton of kills from him after he promotes.

Sounds like a plan. I'll attempt H1 then. However, Is it possible you'll pick a vital alternative for either Roshea or Thomas? as I prefer not to have 2 Trolling Toons and H1 (still learning the game after all) :-)

By the way, I mostly coming from RPG background, so on the previous game I always had my warrior up in front abosrbing damage, healers back healing and Damage toons moving on the battle field or using Range attacks. Is this is how I should do stuff in H1?

Edited by Tall-Guy

Well...in FE, a lot of the time your tanks will also be producing a lot of damage on EP, especially on NM. But, yes, I don't think it's hard to go wrong with a healer strategy like 'heal'. Just shield 'em. No platemail clerics here.

HOLD IT!!!

Roshea's Speed is gonna blow chunks, and WTF at Tomas (if you want a Levin Sword user, do that to Merric). Tomas' only magical saving grace is some weird-ass innate RES growth.

Seriously, Myrmidon -> Bishop? That's a complete and utter waste of Roshea's decent STR growth.

HOLD IT!!!

Roshea's Speed is gonna blow chunks, and WTF at Tomas (if you want a Levin Sword user, do that to Merric). Tomas' only magical saving grace is some weird-ass innate RES growth.

Seriously, Myrmidon -> Bishop? That's a complete and utter waste of Roshea's decent STR growth.

Holding it, and waiting for you alternatives :P

Purple Skittle:

Somewhat forgivable:

Archer -> Sniper (he's gonna blow chunks until he promotes)

A little trickier:

Myrmidon -> Swordmaster (he'll have problems keeping up)

Wing and a prayer:

Myrmidon -> Paladin (you're praying that he gains Speed, since he has no personal speed growth)

Green Skittle:

Most work for (relatively) good pay-off:

Cavalier -> Dracoknight

Slightly better alternative:

Cavalier -> Sniper (he's already got a good amount of Bow rank to his name. . .he needs Strength)

LOLRES:

Curate -> Paladin (note that he'll have serious problems killing stuff)

Purple Skittle:

Somewhat forgivable:

Archer -> Sniper (he's gonna blow chunks until he promotes)

A little trickier:

Myrmidon -> Swordmaster (he'll have problems keeping up)

Wing and a prayer:

Myrmidon -> Paladin (you're praying that he gains Speed, since he has no personal speed growth)

Green Skittle:

Most work for (relatively) good pay-off:

Cavalier -> Dracoknight

Slightly better alternative:

Cavalier -> Sniper (he's already got a good amount of Bow rank to his name. . .he needs Strength)

LOLRES:

Curate -> Paladin (note that he'll have serious problems killing stuff)

N00b alert here. What are Green/Purple Skitkes? :P