FE4 advice

Quirino

You do realise that Holyn and Briggid never have any conversations, right? Also, don't you "pride" yourself so much on being CANON CANON CANON CANON CANON?

How could you forget? I trusted you.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BUT I LIKE TO DO IIIIIIIIIIIT!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

Also there was a noticable 20% better hp growth, along with better speed, luck and resistance.

You can 'like' whatever you want. But when someone asks you for advice, you should tell them the best way to play, not the way that you like.

This has got to be the funniest thread ever.

After reading all this, I think I'm going to restart my FE4 game. BTW, who do you guys recommend I give the elite ring to? And who will need to get it if Leaf is to inherit it?

My advice, have Sigurd pass down the Elite ring as well as the leg ring and the Silver sword. A couple of rings would be nice too but thats up to your preferences.

Leaf inherits items from Ethlin.

I recommend that you let the kids from Ch6 inherit everything they can, so they can make use of it the most. Especially Leg Ring and Elite Ring. I usually let both of those go to Celice, as well as the Silver Sword. Leaf is a nice candidate for Pursuit Ring, though Levin!Arthur is better.

I always drop the Return Ring on Sigurd so it's passed down. It never feels useful on anyone else really. The Elite Ring I usually give to whatever character I like using the most during whichever runthrough. I don't remember about the cost in the original, but in the hacks, it was also affordable to just juggle the Elite Ring around for arena abuse, if you manage your money a bit well.

It costs 40k to buy but it's doable in normal play. Return Ring can be nice on Patty or even Leaf/Nanna/Fin but it really doesn't matter who you give it to. You get two, anyhow.

Okay, play however you want!

Pair Fury with Dew!

Use Diadora for all your battles!

Spam Arthur Holsety so that he's your only character to be able to survive in a fight!

Have everyone but Celice get killed!

I DON'T CARE ANYMORE!!!

...I hate it when a website hates me...

FUCK-UP NUMBER 1: NONE of us do that at all! No one pairs Dew with Fury (aside from challenge runs). I will give it to you, though, that LevinFury is a great canon pairing. I BOW DOWN TO YOU.

FUCK-UP NUMBER 2: We also don't do that as well!

FUCK-UP NUMBER 3: Have you heard of "money" in this game? Do you realise that Holsety costs 1k per use? Thus, do you realise that we don't, or rather, CAN'T do that as well?

Also, Shanan, retard.

FUCK-UP NUMBER 4: OBJECTION

"only have arthur survive"

"get everyone but celice killed"

DIRECT CONTRADICTION

Don't worry, it's probably not just us.

This has got to be the funniest thread ever.

After reading all this, I think I'm going to restart my FE4 game. BTW, who do you guys recommend I give the elite ring to? And who will need to get it if Leaf is to inherit it?

Yes it is.

Elite Ring shouldn't really go to Leaf IMO, because then you lose it for C4 and C5, 2 rather EXP-heavy chapters. Giving it to one of the parents to the starting early kids (Except the Odo twins if you're doing LexAyra) should do the trick. Celice always likes it, though Sigurd honestly doesn't, but it's your choice. Personally I'd say Fee since she becomes really great later on.

Ethlin, but yeah, I already explained why you probably shouldn't.

• 2 weeks later...

Speaking of pairings

I'm looking for alternative pairings for my next playthroughdifferent to my first one:

Adean/Mideel

Ayra/Lex

Fury/Levin

Briggid/Holin

Lachesis/Beowulf

Sylvia/Claude

Tiltyu/Azel

The ones I've got in mind

Adean/Fin

Ayra/Holyn

Fury/Claude

Tiltyu/Levin

Briggid/Lex

Doesn't matter if Sylvia doesn't get a lover

So can anyone recommend any for Lache (and Sylvia if any)?

Thanks.

Also, Sety w/ Leg Ring>Arthur

Sety w/ Leg Ring is Arthur without Canto, except that he has to spend 20K and comes two chapter later. Which, in FE4, is a long time.

Meanwhile, Arthur is more like Sety + 40K worth of rings (Leg + Knight Rings) without Pursuit and coming 2 chapters earlier. Although I will admit Sety is better stat-wise, both kill everything and never are scared of dying so....

Thanks.

Also, Sety w/ Leg Ring>Arthur

Units who want the Leg Ring in Gen 2:

Celice

Laylea/Leen

HolSety

Holsety!Arthur

Shanan

Odo Twins (Debateable, but LexAyra kids are so damn good)

... Yeah. Also, Leg Ring Arthur has 12 move (or some number around there), Leg Ring Sety has 9. Last I checked, 12 > 9.

The only problem I see with the OMG SETY NEEDS LEG RING argument is that Arthur needs the Pursuit Ring as well. It's interesting how people elect to ignore this. Granted, the Pursuit Ring is a lot less sought-after than the Leg Ring, but it's still something to consider. Arthur would also like the Leg Ring before promotion, because his move is just awful, but he has to compete with Celice for it (and Celice probably wins).

They both need some degree of favoritism to function optimally, and while Sety probably needs a bit more, it's silly to say LEG RING AUTOLOSE when Arthur needs another rather important (and doubly expensive) ring.

Edited by Silvercrow

... Yeah. Also, Leg Ring Arthur has 12 move (or some number around there), Leg Ring Sety has 9. Last I checked, 12 > 9.

That one argument is weak though, because one could easily argue that such overkill move is unneeded - just like Sety's abundantly superior caps are. You still need to move Celice around to conquer castles, after all, and he'd be probably lagging behind in that case.

Arthur doesn't need the Pursuit Ring to ORKO. At base with a Magic Ring, he can OHKO a thing or two. And he has enormous Continue/Critical rates. Like, 55% Continue and 20-30% Critical depending on what stage in life. You can throw him into an army of enemies, and most of them will die. The few that are leftover can be picked off by scrubs.