Anyone else find this game to be a breeze compared to the others?

The enemies were way to weak as well. I almost cried when I saw the promoted enemies that were weaker than non-promoted enemies. They must have messed up with the coding or something >___<

Exactly. I had chapters i had problems on in blazing sword like crazy! So i get FE 8 thinking im gonna get challenged and im like "What the hell!?" Almost anyone can double most enemies, as vincent said, the "promoted" enemies are easier to kill than the non promoted ones! It may have something to do with an arena in what? Chapter 4 or 5? A full lvl 20 army that early? And even without the arena abuse, the game is still a breeze. I killed the last boss with Erika and Ross in 1 hit. It was such a joke i dont even know what the last boss was! I only remember

Lyon

being evil and the grado empire trying to break the sacred stones. Oh and the inclusion of Myrr and her "infinite attack glitch" makes things more of a push over. And once again, even without it you can put Myrr in the front of your army and murder everything till her dragonstone breaks (but its not like anyone else could handle the job.) Almost everything you're fighting is undead so Natasha and Moulder rape everything in sight. Sages can also use light magic in this one if i remember correctly which means ewan,lute and saleh can rape everything 3 times as hard as they already do. And the story is not interesting AT ALL. Once again, it was so uninteresting that i dont remember it. Its not a BAD game........it just feels that they could have done A LOT more to give it more replay value.

It's almost impossible for any of your characters to get RNG screwed. You can beat most of the enemies with Iron weapons once you level up high enough. Bishops getting slayer was just overkill. Wyvern Knight's Pierce ability is kinda cheap too. And then you have access to unlimited experiance. The only thing that keeps you from having an army of promoted units before you

retake Renais Castle

is a shortage of promotion items, and that gets fixed rather quickly as secret shops carry them and you can get money fairly easily. This is, without a doubt, the easiest fire emblem in the series.

It's almost impossible for any of your characters to get RNG screwed. You can beat most of the enemies with Iron weapons once you level up high enough. Bishops getting slayer was just overkill. Wyvern Knight's Pierce ability is kinda cheap too. And then you have access to unlimited experiance. The only thing that keeps you from having an army of promoted units before you

retake Renais Castle

is a shortage of promotion items, and that gets fixed rather quickly as secret shops carry them and you can get money fairly easily. This is, without a doubt, the easiest fire emblem in the series.

Talk about it. Half the scenes are "OMFG PRINCESS ERIKA AND PRINCE EPHRAIM! HERES A MILLION GOLD!" not to mention already having a million gold b4 that cuz of the arena at the beginning of the game.

Chapter 6 was tricky for me on hard mode, but that might be because I didn't abuse the arena with Vanessa enough in the previous chapter. So, needless to say, getting the civilians away from those spiders was somewhat of a challenge.

The rest is usually fairly easy, though.

There wasn't alot of time between FE7's and FE8's releases. A year, I think? They had almost everything ready for them - all there was to be done was add new sprites for new units, supports, the maps and whatnot, they could have spent alot more time working on the story and characters.

Although as Fox said: I did get a few challenges on Ephraim Hard mode, but more than likely because I never abused the tower or any of the arenas.

Nintendo Power counted FE7 among the best 20 GBA games, but not this one. Coincidence? I think not.

because FE7 was epic!

:lol:

the only thing i liked about this game was the branching class changes and certain characters!

for one, i loved all of the magic users (especially the light users L'Arachel)