Marvel vs Capcom 3

Maou

It's kind of weird how a topic hasn't been made for this yet, maybe everyone is busy playing.

Anyway, as mentioned in the description, this topic is just a general discussion for the game. Post your thoughts, favorite teams and whatnot.

As for me, rushdown is my preferred style of play, so I'm thinking about Dante/Ammy/Hsien-Ko and I might throw in Taskmaster, X-23, or Sentinel. I can't really get a feel for the characters until my Mayflash adapter comes in so I can play stick, so all the character picks are speculation. And for the curious: I have the PS3 version.

Edited by Morita Kenichi

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have and I'm freaking loving it. I've unlocked nearly all the character endings already.

I haven't figured out who my main 3 is since I'm still experimenting and like so many characters. So far, my favorite team may be Dante/Deadpool/Zero. Might mix it up with Ammy, Spider-Man, X-23, Hsien-Ko, and Morrigan.

I haz PS3 version too.

I have and I'm freaking loving it. I've unlocked nearly all the character endings already.

I haven't figured out who my main 3 is since I'm still experimenting and like so many characters. So far, my favorite team may be Dante/Deadpool/Zero. Might mix it up with Ammy, Spider-Man, X-23, Hsien-Ko, and Morrigan.

I haz PS3 version too.

Cool man, maybe we can set up some matches once I can start using a stick. :)

I don't own this game but I did play this at my campus(PS3). I enjoyed it, as of right now I'm using Chris, Wesker,(still deciding a third) Deadpool, Taskmaster, Morrigan, or Captain America are possibilities.

Edited by Generic Officer

Played this game last weekend at a friends, will have PS3 version at my house by the weekend.

Anyway I was using a Morrigan/Wesker/Sentinel combo, but once I have some quality time with the game I'll replace sent with another character.

For the record, game is pretty amazing, glad to see they took the -make everybody broken- approach.

My main team's are:

Wesker, X-23 and Storm.

Captain America, Trish and Super Skrull.

Magneto, Pheonix and Spencer.

I can use -ALL- the characters though, but I fucken hate M.O.D.O.K, I always have!

Edited by Chaotic_Soma

Whenever I get the chance to play it at a friend I'm really enjoying the game and I think it's well worth the hype.

I main Zero/Akuma/Chris but I love most of the roster.

For the record, game is pretty amazing, glad to see they took the -make everybody broken- approach.

That was the same approach for the first two except they got it right this time.

Except for Ryu, poor Ryu. :(

It's Sentinel. When is it NOT broken?

No to both of these quotes. Ryu is amazing and has some great and easy to use combos, in addition to dealing a lot of damage and having good stamina. Sentinel is a good character, but he is not as broken as people originally thought he was. He's mostly only something to really get worried about when he is in X factor.

Sentinel is a good character, but he is not as broken as people originally thought he was. He's mostly only something to really get worried about when he is in X factor.

This is going off of the assumption that everyone's equally broken. . .so I'd say Sentinel's still broken.

No to both of these quotes. Ryu is amazing and has some great and easy to use combos, in addition to dealing a lot of damage and having good stamina

As of right now, Ryu is easily the worst character in the game. He lost his airdash and j.5C from TvC, so his pressure game is shit now. Good damage and simple combos don't matter when you can't get hits in on your opponent. The only things he has going for him are a great hyper in shinku hadoken and his normal hadoken fireballs are pretty fast and even cancel out some beam attacks.

Saying Ryu got nurfed is one thing. But saying he's the worst is downright stupid, after all Arthur exists.

Am I the only one who's really getting annoyed by these Dante's online BTW?

Edited by 3-13Archer

Saying Ryu got nurfed is one thing. But saying he's the worst is downright stupid, after all Arthur exists.

Do you even know what you're talking about? Arthur is one of the best keep away characters in the game, there is no need to combo with him when he has insane chip and a huge variety of projectiles to keep opponents out.

Ryu, on the other hand, has a hard time getting in on his opponents because of nerfed movement options and an inferior j.5C. Sure, maybe he isn't so bad if you play keep away with his shinku hyper and his normal fireballs, but trying to rushdown with him is generally going to get you punished unless you have good cover assists.

Edited by Morita Kenichi

Ryu, on the other hand, has a hard time getting in on his opponents because of nerfed movement options and an inferior j.5C. Sure, maybe he isn't so bad if you play keep away with his shinku hyper and his normal fireballs, but trying to rushdown with him is generally going to get you punished unless you have good cover assists.

Saying you have a hard time get in on opponents with Ryu because of bad movement is like saying you have a hard time getting in close with any character that spams. I may be biast because I use Ryu, but I have no trouble getting in close to people with him. I have more trouble getting in close with Dr. Doom that with Ryu. It's all a matter of how you use his air tatsumaki.

Saying you have a hard time get in on opponents with Ryu because of bad movement is like saying you have a hard time getting in close with any character that spams. I may be biast because I use Ryu, but I have no trouble getting in close to people with him. I have more trouble getting in close with Dr. Doom that with Ryu. It's all a matter of how you use his air tatsumaki.

Ok first of all, that analogy makes no sense whatsoever.

Secondly, it's already accepted that Ryu has troubles getting hits in on his opponent. He lost some important tools from TvC that made him a beast in rushdown. No one ever said that it's impossible for Ryu to get combos in, but the player has to put in a lot more work compared to playing Ryu in TvC.

I kind of love and hate this game. I think it needs serious balancing, but then I thought the same thing about MvC 2 when it was around. It's a generally far more balanced game, but X-FACTOR WHY.

As for teams, I generally like using Iron Man, Ryu, and (brace for it) Dante.

I kind of love and hate this game. I think it needs serious balancing, but then I thought the same thing about MvC 2 when it was around. It's a generally far more balanced game, but X-FACTOR WHY.

As for teams, I generally like using Iron Man, Ryu, and (brace for it) Dante.

Yeah, xfc needs to be toned down. The health regeneration (for all levels) is overkill, and the power and speed boosts for lvl. 3 need to be taken down a notch.

Edited by Morita Kenichi

Yeah, agreed. I mean, I like the implementation of a comeback factor to a degree. It makes the title more accessible for less skilled players, and kind of evens the playing field. You know, gives the game a more "fun brawl-y" feeling rather than a deep metagame for tourney players.

But Jesus, man. What were they thinking? >__>

Edited by Esau of Isaac