I'm super sick dudes

Esau of Isaac

So I had appendicitis and ended up getting operated on for it like three weeks ago. They screwed up though, apparently, and I had a lot of internal bleeding. Ended up almost dying and getting a couple blood transfusions, then staying the week in the hospital. I've been recuperating for a bit now, but still in a lot of pain. Just yesterday I started feeling queasy and ended up waking up today with a pretty strong case of the flu.

I demand you all feel sorry for me. I'M FUCKING DYING OR SOMETHING HERE.

Hey. . .let's be miserable together! My intestines ragequit for a bit a couple weeks back.

There's some dude I know who got his toes almost completely sliced off. Twice.

My grandfather had a tumor on his tongue. Doctors had to slice that bad boy right out. Now he's a half-tongue.

You people are making me physically squirm.

Griffith has sliced tendons, a cut out tongue, pulled out nails, torn off and burned skin, and was also pretty cut up.

And a metal mask on the whole time or something...

My opinion of you just went up by quite a bit. :V

I wish that guy would write more than like ten chapters a year. I'm afraid he's going to die before it gets finished.

My opinion of you just went up by quite a bit. :V

I wish that guy would write more than like ten chapters a year. I'm afraid he's going to die before it gets finished.

I just recently watched the show again, now rereading manga.

Yes, I think your assessment as to the chances of the series being finished, at least by Miura, is unfortunately quite accurate. Probably even less likely than Game of Thrones getting finished by Martin, though you might not know to what I am referring.

Edited by SeverIan

I'm super sick too, dude.

D: That's so messed up, bro.

Here's hoping you get better soon~

I thought the timing was weird, that's all.

Anyway, get well soon, etc. It would be a pity if my Evil Twin Regarding FF Games had to leave. . .

I'm actually having a check-up with the doctor on Monday. Planning on getting an MRI, because I'm still feeling a lot of abdominal pain like some sort of cut or tearing weeks after I got discharged. Hope it's nothing serious that needs me admitted. I miss another day of courses and I'm going to need to drop them all.

Otherwise, I'd be fine with being in the hospital, so long as I got more delicious Dilaudid or something. It's a pillow, blanket, and lullaby all in one nice cocktail of comfort. :awesome:

I just recently watched the show again, now rereading manga.

Yes, I think your assessment as to the chances of the series being finished, at least by Miura, is unfortunately quite accurate. Probably even less likely than Game of Thrones getting finished by Martin, though you might not know to what I am referring.

I've always been meaning to check out that series, but haven't gotten around to it. Is it worth it, given the situation?

Which reminds me, when Robert Jordan contracted amuloidosis I totally freaked out. Sucked that he ended up dying before finishing his magnum opus. Well, I mean, it sucked that he died at all, but, uh, you know...

I sound like a douche. :V

Edited by Esau of Isaac

poop?

a month or so ago i was really sick, puking and pooping all the time, youd think youd only have to fart but...i shit my pants one time. lol :newyears:

That was kinda what happened. . .and yeah, imagine waking up, wondering "Why are my pants so warm, and what is that smell?"

I've always been meaning to check out that series, but haven't gotten around to it. Is it worth it, given the situation?

I'm a huge fan, I get the impression many others aren't however, and there certainly are flaws. I would say that the animation quality is very much in second place to Miura's artwork (barring Griffith's eyes, which at their best are far better in the anime than the manga), they took some things out that would have been nice to leave in, and with the exception of "Forces" and "Behelit" I'm not a big fan of the music. The opening song in particular is super shitty. However, I like the voices and, much more importantly, as I've only read manga scanlations from Band of the Hawk and Evil Genius, the anime's dialogue IMO is FAR better than the translations I've been dealing with. For example: "A friend/in my mind/is someone that is my equal" in the manga VS "For me to call a man my friend, he must be equal to me in all respects" in the anime. The former cannot compare. This is the one that came to my mind, but IMO the difference screams in nearly every line of comparison.

The first episode of the anime is the worst IMO. It's basically the first volume of the manga, but with a bunch of changes that make it worse (no sex with creepy ass demon chick to start things out, for one thing), and then it cuts to the Band of the Hawk without covering the Count. Also, I think it would have been cool to not start with supernatural shit, it would have made the eclipse more of a fucked up surprise than it was already, especially if you didn't have the association between Griffith and Femto that you get from the first episode. Generally I think that the non-dialogue changes between the manga and anime favor the manga. Only exception that comes to mind is that in the anime, the Gambino plot is revealed later than it is in the manga, which I liked.

For me, personally, it feels unmissable, but I think I'm a special case.

Which reminds me, when Robert Jordan contracted amuloidosis I totally freaked out. Sucked that he ended up dying before finishing his magnum opus. Well, I mean, it sucked that he died at all, but, uh, you know...

I sound like a douche. :V

At least it's going to get finished. My friend who's a bigger Game of Thrones fan than I has told me on multiple occasions that Martin has stated that if he dies, he's having the notes to his books burned so they can't be finished.

Edited by SeverIan

I'm a huge fan, I get the impression many others aren't however, and there certainly are flaws. I would say that the animation quality is very much in second place to Miura's artwork (barring Griffith's eyes, which at their best are far better in the anime than the manga), they took some things out that would have been nice to leave in, and with the exception of "Forces" and "Behelit" I'm not a big fan of the music. The opening song in particular is super shitty. However, I like the voices and, much more importantly, as I've only read manga scanlations from Band of the Hawk and Evil Genius, the anime's dialogue IMO is FAR better than the translations I've been dealing with. For example: "A friend/in my mind/is someone that is my equal" in the manga VS "For me to call a man my friend, he must be equal to me in all respects" in the anime. The former cannot compare. This is the one that came to my mind, but IMO the difference screams in nearly every line of comparison.

The first episode of the anime is the worst IMO. It's basically the first volume of the manga, but with a bunch of changes that make it worse (no sex with creepy ass demon chick to start things out, for one thing), and then it cuts to the Band of the Hawk without covering the Count. Also, I think it would have been cool to not start with supernatural shit, it would have made the eclipse more of a fucked up surprise than it was already, especially if you didn't have the association between Griffith and Femto that you get from the first episode. Generally I think that the non-dialogue changes between the manga and anime favor the manga. Only exception that comes to mind is that in the anime, the Gambino plot is revealed later than it is in the manga, which I liked.

For me, personally, it feels unmissable, but I think I'm a special case.

Nah, man, I was referring to Game of Thrones. >__>

At least it's going to get finished. My friend who's a bigger Game of Thrones fan than I has told me on multiple occasions that Martin has stated that if he dies, he's having the notes to his books burned so they can't be finished.

That's literally exactly what Robert Jordan said as well, to my knowledge. He relented, though. So there's always hope I guess.

Also, HAHA NIGHTMARE I TOTALLY JUST NOW NOTICED THAT YOU CHANGED THE TOPIC TITLE BRAH. D:<

Edited by Esau of Isaac