I need some PC games to play

I already have Battlefield Bad Company 2 and System Shock 2 so don't suggest those. Not looking at any genre in particular except fighting (I'm god-awful at those), sports, and MMOs. Specs if anyone is wondering:

• Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-P55-USB3
  • CPU: Intel Core i5 750
  • RAM: Kingston HyperX 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3-SDRAM, DDR3-1600
  • Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 6850 1GB
  • Storage Drives:
    • Corsair Force 40GB SSD
    • Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB HDD

[*]Optical Drive: LG CD/DVD Burner with Lightscribe support

[*]Case: Fractal Design Define R3 White

[*]Power Supply: Antec EarthWatts 650W

[*]OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Premium

[*]Viewsonic VX2268WM (22", 1680 x 1050, 5ms, 120hz, 3D ready)

Edited by Radeon

You're good enough to play anything out there right now, really.

uh...

Could look into Minecraft, if building's your speed. I broke and bought Dawn of War 2: Retribution; it's better than dow2 vanilla by far. Fallout: New Vegas was quite good. Resident Evil 5 was superb on the PC. Go buy Recettear.

I really need more than "some games". Any genre, any yearspan? New games?

Edited by Integrity

Touhou 1: Highly Responsive To Prayers

Touhou 2: Story Of The Eastern Wondedrland

Touhou 3: Phantasmagoria Of Dimensional Dream

Touhou 4: Lotus Land Story

Touhou 5: Mystic Square

Touhou 6: Embodiment of Scarlet Devil

Touhou 7: Perfect Cherry Blossom

Touhou 8: Imperishable Night

Touhou 9: Phantasmagoria Of Flower View

Touhou 9.5: Shoot The Bullet

Touhou 10: Mountain Of Faith

Touhou 11: Subterranean Animism

Touhou 12: Unidentified Fantastic Object

Touhou 12.5: Double Spoiler

Touhou 12.8: Great Fairy Wars

I'd recommend 7.5, 10.5, and 12.3, but they're fighters and you hate those.

Edited by Emerald Jealousy

Megaman X8 if you haven't played it. IIRC, Sonic Adventure is also on the PC so there's that too.

Then there's YsF.

On Steam:

Grab Alien Swarm which is free like a bunch of other games such as Sam & Max 104: Abe Lincoln must die

Super Meat Boy if hard platformers don't drive you insane.

Orange Box for its nice compilation of FPS games including TF2.

Bionic Commando Rearmed.

Audiosurf and Beat Hazard are nice games you can play using your music.

Greed Corp seems like a nice TBS game but I've yet to play it. Lots of features have to be unlocked through single play and online may be dead.

Left 4 Dead 2

Try the Bioshock demo and get the game if you like it.

Edited by Sirius

I second the Deus Ex recommendation. It's probably the best FPS/RPG I've ever played, so do what you can to get your hands on it. It should be on Steam, actually.

Yeah, who would regret not playing a game that consistently places high on "best of" lists, has better level design and approach to missions then 99.9% of games out there, and has changes in dialog depending on your actions that people are still just finding today.

deusex1.jpg

Integ can be weirdly snobby at times. Don't mind him.

Integ can be weirdly snobby at times. Don't mind him.

Yes, I can.

Frankly, though, from what I've seen of Deus Ex I just don't *get* it. It looks like a good fpsrpg, but I don't see the tremendous appeal. I haven't played it, though.

Yes, I can.

Frankly, though, from what I've seen of Deus Ex I just don't *get* it. It looks like a good fpsrpg, but I don't see the tremendous appeal. I haven't played it, though.

That's just the thing. It's a diamond in the rough. Doesn't look tremendously appealing, but once you play it, you'll slowly begin to understand why it has such a following.

For a very beautiful, mega-cute platformer, this just came out: CreaVures! You play as forest creatures with different abilities, and go around collecting "essence" to save your home. Like the SNES Donkey Kong games, you often play levels with a pair of creatures that you switch between to get past the obstacles.

ss_e0dc7181d48935407b81926b5c4798588506127a.800x600.jpg

Disclaimer, I helped playtest it. But I wouldn't recommend it if it wasn't good. :)

That's just the thing. It's a diamond in the rough. Doesn't look tremendously appealing, but once you play it, you'll slowly begin to understand why it has such a following.

I remember several people telling me the exact same thing, almost to the words, about The Witcher. I don't know what that's even worth, but it struck me as uncanny.

Yes, I did, and it didn't show me anything I didn't know about the game. You can light anybody, even plot-important NPCs on fire and tear gas orphans. While it's a good concept and something I look for in a game (and do find, if only rarely), I don't really see the specialness it gets attributed.

EDIT: I want to stress something here: I'm not actively trying to be obstinate. This just comes up enough that I'm latching onto this particular debate to settle it in my head finally.

Edited by Integrity

Once again I say, you'll have to play the game for yourself to really understand. Killing street rats is cool and all, but there's so much more to the game that I don't feel like explaining, nor do I think will I do you any good by explaining.

Just your choice to play it or not, buddybro.

Spelunky! And VVVVVV (which is the name).

As for actual games, Diablo and Fallout are fun. Bethesda games are pretty nice, but once you get mods, you're pretty much set. Sims is nice. Garry's Mod is awesome if it's up your alley.

I like Borderlands. Serious Sam I and II is good fun too.

Dead Space, Dead Space 2 fun 3rd person shooter horror game.

Team Fortress 2, fun online FPS game.

Dragon Age, Neverwinter Nights 2 Oblivion Elder scrolls IV, pretty fun if you like RPG games.