I always want to play FE4 when I'm just leaving the computer...

Integrity

But when I actually look at that SNES9x icon, I think "urgh prologue and such".

And then I realize something horrible.

Gen 1 is nothing more than a solid game and the predecessor to Gen 2.

I really only love Gen 2.

Is that weird?

It isn't that weird.

Sure, 1st gen has a much, much better story than the 2nd's... but let's face it, story only really matters when you're playing for the first time, with very few exceptions. The function of 1st gen in replays (self-imposed challenges aside) is mostly setting up pairings.

Which reminds me, I still need to try Bridget/Noish and Lachesis/Claude one of these days...

I dunno. I like First Gen characters better with bros like Sigurd, Levin, and Beowulf. Gen 2 has in their place... Celice, Sety, and Delmud. None of who are as cool as their dad (and if you like Fin x Lachesis Fin is still cooler than Delmud). Gen 1 has Briggid. Gen 2 has Faval, who is cool but Briggid is cooler. For story, Gen 1 stomps Gen 2. For chapters, all of the Gen 1 chapters have awesome maps. Gen 2 is mostly good but I don't really like Ch. 7 (wtf random avalanche and deseeerrtttt) 8 or 9 (not really as much places to go as it looks because of all the mountaisn :(). Chapter 6, 10, and Final are awesome though. Hmm.

Generation One's maps are really tedious though, at least in my opinion.

Ch. 1 has the Spirit Forest, which takes forever to get through, Ch. 4 has more trees in the north and mountains in the south and Ch. 5 has desert on the way to Veltomer. Not to mention the huge U-turns in Ch. 2, Ch. 3 and Ch. 4. Sure, there's Return/Warp, but there's always going to be stragglers.

The only maps I liked were Prologue and Final...

Generation One's maps are really tedious though, at least in my opinion.

Ch. 1 has the Spirit Forest, which takes forever to get through, Ch. 4 has more trees in the north and mountains in the south and Ch. 5 has desert on the way to Veltomer. Not to mention the huge U-turns in Ch. 2, Ch. 3 and Ch. 4. Sure, there's Return/Warp, but there's always going to be stragglers.

The only maps I liked were Prologue and Final...

How are 7 and 9 not tedious.

Yeah, forest, admitted. But Chapter 6 can have a lot of backtracking too. The U-turns aren't that bad in 2 and 3 because roads everywhere. 4 I can agree with but everything else is minor. In all of them, you can just station most guys in further up places while Sigurd and some people seize. Desert yes, but Ch. 7s desert is worse. 7 requires just as much backtracking as 4. 10 also has backtracking, about as much as 3.

Prologue is great, but Final has most of your team sit and do nothing for a lot of the map while Holy Weapon dudes rush.

Edited by Reinfleche

Final is super un-fun without any Holy Weapons besides ALMIGHTY TYRFING, so I learned.

Edited by Integrity

How are 7 and 9 not tedious.

Yeah, forest, admitted. But Chapter 6 can have a lot of backtracking too. The U-turns aren't that bad in 2 and 3 because roads everywhere. 4 I can agree with but everything else is minor. In all of them, you can just station most guys in further up places while Sigurd and some people seize. Desert yes, but Ch. 7s desert is worse. 7 requires just as much backtracking as 4. 10 also has backtracking, about as much as 3.

Prologue is great, but Final has most of your team sit and do nothing for a lot of the map while Holy Weapon dudes rush.

I was talking about the first generation mainly, which is why I didn't mention Ch. 7. Plus, I like Crossing the Desert. And I don't remember Ch. 8 - 10 having much backtracking, but that might be because I've only played this game once (well, and the draft, but I haven't been devoting much energy to that lately).

Why in balls name would I use ZSNES? I did once and saw no improvement.

This:

Does Snes9x have snowflakes on the opening menu?

Does Snes9x start with Z?

Does SeverIan use Snes9x?

No.

No.

No.

Whatever. De gustibus non est disputandum. Use snes9x if you want losers.

Snes9x is just an overused emulator. :awesome:

Snes9x is just an overused emulator. :awesome:

Not quite. There's a reason why people use it to make SNES tool-assisted speedruns.

(By the way, I only use Snes9x to watch said speedruns. I'm too used to ZSNES.)

I was talking about the first generation mainly, which is why I didn't mention Ch. 7. Plus, I like Crossing the Desert. And I don't remember Ch. 8 - 10 having much backtracking, but that might be because I've only played this game once (well, and the draft, but I haven't been devoting much energy to that lately).

Which is why I'm bringing it up because I would say Gen 2 Maps are just as tedious as Ge 1 at times. well I fucking hate it every damn time. so. much. work. Chapter 8 and 9 don't necessarily have backtracking, but you do have to send people to your castles to defend the Dracoknights, especially in chapter 9. Also you have to be kinda slow to get Hannibal and Corple. Chapter 10 distinctly requires backtracking.