The fruits of my labor.

Claude C Kenny

Here's a picture of my first recoloring attempt for a battle sprite.

lowenrecolor3.png

ravenrecolor.png

It's a recolor of Lowen, in case you didn't notice. It's a WIP, unless you guys can't see anything wrong in particular about his coloring. You probably noticed the name change as well. I would like to keep these colors for him, if you guys can suggest any changes that keep this set-up.

I would like to keep this topic open as my picture/progress topic, so feel free to post anything useful. More will be coming as I do them.

While i'm at it, here is a picture of the glitch I was telling you guys about before.

glitch.png

It happens when any cavalier resets their position. I've tried all other classes, and none of them have anything wrong. what do I do?It doesn't affect the game any, so i'm not too worried about it.

got a recolor of raven now as well.

Edited by Claude_C_Kenny

Dunno if it's a good idea to have Justin's hair color be that similar to his skin color. It could be me, but it looks a little odd. Otherwise, I have no eye for art. My apologies.

The cavalier's armour seems confused as to whether it's green or brown. Justin's...okay, so blonde with yellow clothing, fine, but he looks like a goddamn canary. Add more contrast.

I like Justin's design the way it is. Saiden's...I don't know. :/ Looks a little too default color to me.

More edits!

bartrerecolor.png

simple recolor. just darkened the blues and made the hair black.

lloydrecolor.png

doesn't look as good without long hair. $5 if you can guess who it's supposed to be.

and for teh lulz:

frostblade.png

one of the magic swords I created in action. silver blade sprite used.

thankharken.png

if Harken took Marcus' place. just proves I can edit text.

I gotta ask. Am I getting any better at this at all?

I admit, I like the Ross/Garcia recolor. Accents the shading and that's pretty nice.

I love that frost blade idea, though I might be biased being an ice mercakete. XD Seriously, though, I'd equip that. >:)

As for if you're improving: I think so. :) Question: Do you sprite requests?

I noticed he looked like Ross/Garcia after I posted it. but, it's based on a real person and what he wanted to look like in-game, so I probably won't change it. then again, he did say he liked red.

sprite requests? as in, can I make sprites? not if my life depended on it.sob.gif

bartrerecolor.png

simple recolor. just darkened the blues and made the hair black.

lloydrecolor.png

doesn't look as good without long hair. $5 if you can guess who it's supposed to be.

The hair on the first one is quite bad. You are using pure black, which doesn't fit considering that the outline for most sprites is much lighter than 0,0,0. I would recommend using the hair color of Karel/Karla/Sonia/Limstella instead, or make one yourself while making sure that you keep your colors higher than 40,40,40(outline color).

The Lloyd recolor... The skin seems way too light, with barely any noticeable contrast between one color and the next one. Try making each color more "distant" from the other, if you get what I mean. This also applies to the purple robe and the red hair. Rather than using black for the outline of the pink robe, try using a darker pink that is maybe nearly red.

Meanwhile, the exact opposite happens with the pants. The contrast is way too high, the lighter part of the pants is cream while the darker one is pretty much blue/gray.

Lloyd would look better if the sprite was the way I wanted it. plus, apparently, the color for the jacket spills into his undershirt. I'll check my fighter, because I don't think I used pure black. I know one shade was definitely lighter than the other.

no guesses for Lloyd's choice of clothing?sad.gif

is the fighter too Ross/Garcia-ish, or will it be alright? would red be better?

Edited by Claude_C_Kenny

I meant one of these recolor'd battle sprites. *shrugs* Ok, though. *still wants the frost blade*

so you're asking if I take requests to recolor battle sprites?unsure.gif

you can have the frost blade, but ya gotta find it first!tongue.gif

i'm also gonna do some palette swapping to see which palettes actually work good on other classes. no enemy swordmasters to work with is starting to hurt a little bit.

Edited by Claude_C_Kenny