[FE10] Draft ideas ^_^

RNG Princess

- Easy Mode

Easy Mode is a little too... easy. Even for testing, Normal Mode should do just fine.

- Ike is banned, and may only leveled by means of BEXP

Why ban Ike, especially since he's required to kill 2 Endgame bosses?

- Haar is Banned, totally.

This I can actually agree with.

- Meg, Fiona & Lyre are free for all.

Is this to make the number of draftable characters divisible by 7?

- Sothe & Micaiah are drafted.

Making Sothe drafted is a horrible idea. The early joining premote is ALWAYS free for all/free until a certain point/Seth. Sothe's effect on turncounts early on is huge.

I would draft Sothe before Haar, and I doubt I'm the only one.

- SS Weapons are drafted

...Why are we drafting weapons?

Edited by Radiant Dragon

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could just draft people before them.

And Sothe/Micaiah being drafted is bad, and banning Ike is a no-go because of Ashera and the BK. :/

And drafting weapons wtf.

... Oh you Radiant Dragon you.

Edited by Reinfleche

That's the whole point. 8D

Ike sentence wasn't finished btw, he is ofc free against BK & Ashera, but may only be given BEXP, no CEXP, i've done it three times, it's a real challenge. 8D

The whole point is to make new draft Ideas, and I've done this kind of playthrough already. Haar is banned because of broken flight stuff. Meg, Fiona & Lyre are to replace Micaiah, Sothe & Ike.

Although Since Haar would be gone, I'd be 68/9 units, so sothe could be free. =/ And a + 3 STr weapon or + 5 Def weapon should be drafted.

But hey, maybe I'll start a drasft with Ike BEXP only. 8D

That's the whole point. 8D

True, I suppose. It depends on whether you play drafts for fun or for the challenge.

Meg, Fiona & Lyre are to replace Micaiah, Sothe & Ike.

Micaiah and Ike are free because they're forced in every chapter they're in. Sothe is free because he's forced in every chapter he's in (except 4-E) AND makes early Part 1 possible. Making him drafted would mean whoever drafts him wins. No contest.

And a + 3 STr weapon or + 5 Def weapon should be drafted.

I still don't know why we're drafting weapons.

What about a draft on normal/hard mode where everyone is allowed to use up to 4 transfers from a PoR disc? It might be a nice, fun change from the usual drafting, and keep people from getting a team full of transfered characters.

That would be quite game-breaking, on characters like Haar. Even Jill and Ilyana would use them extremely well.

It's not that bad. Haar's main issue is Spd, so a transfer just means he doesn't need to use a Wing anymore that no one else would have likely used anyway, team depending. On Hard Ilyana will still have a lot of problems by part 3. Jill will be awesome, sure, but since when have drafts been perfectly balanced? The idea doesn't make anything too out of whack, so I think it's fine.

Then again, I also think a draft where any number of transfers is allowed from the start would be fun.

It's not that bad. Haar's main issue is Spd, so a transfer just means he doesn't need to use a Wing anymore that no one else would have likely used anyway, team depending. On Hard Ilyana will still have a lot of problems by part 3. Jill will be awesome, sure, but since when have drafts been perfectly balanced? The idea doesn't make anything too out of whack, so I think it's fine.

It would give people unfair advantages that is not caused by their draft choices.

Only if someone signs up without access to a copy of PoR.

Which would either be a bad idea or an intentional challenge. Honestly, there's no reason for anyone to complain if it's noted from the start "TRANSFERS ARE ALLOWED IN THIS RUN, YOU MAGGOTS."

Then don't draft her expecting her to double everything.

If only if it were that easy. You can't just expect not to draft a character you think you won't need, until others take away the characters you want, leaving you with no other choice.

Besides, he was just an example. I could've said Rhys or Meg or something.

Rhys is on the same case as Oliver. He needs to be hilariously overleveled and take around two or even three Speedwings to double reliably. Meg's case doesn't change much from NM to HM. Yeah, she gets 1RKO's at base by 12 AS Tigers in HM. But she still needs alot of levels to pick up her Spd.

What exactly was the point of this post?

Don't ask. 8[

If only if it were that easy. You can't just expect not to draft a character you think you won't need, until others take away the characters you want, leaving you with no other choice.

No, what I meant is: If you draft her, don't expect her to double everything.