Is there anyway to play these games in complete English?

JaketheGr3at

The same way you played FE6 in english: download the translation patches and apply them to the corresponding ROMs. Most of the time you don't even have to apply them--you can just make sure the ROM and the patch are the same filename, and your emulator will do the work for you.

example: fe4.smc ; fe4.ips

The same way you played FE6 in english: download the translation patches and apply them to the corresponding ROMs. Most of the time you don't even have to apply them--you can just make sure the ROM and the patch are the same filename, and your emulator will do the work for you.

K so I just download that patch asteline put a link to and download the ROM and emulator all in the same file and I'm good?

Edited by JaketheGr3at

Get a program like SNESTool or IPSwin if you want to hard-patch the roms. Be aware that there can be problems depending on whether or not you need a header for the rom.

Alternatively, some sites have the roms pre-patched, but I don't think I'm allowed to tell you where you can get those... Just look for a rom with [T-eng] or something in the name.

Get a program like SNESTool or IPSwin if you want to hard-patch the roms. Be aware that there can be problems depending on whether or not you need a header for the rom.

Alternatively, some sites have the roms pre-patched, but I don't think I'm allowed to tell you where you can get those... Just look for a rom with [T-eng] or something in the name.

Okay I download the Rom for Thracia and the patch you linked me to with the ZSNES emulator and it is still in japanese

Edited by JaketheGr3at

How do you apply the translation patches to the ROM?

• 2 weeks later...

Put the patch and the rom in the same directory with the same name (except for the extension, like .ips or .smc). Also, which emulator are you trying to use?

ZSNES or Snes9x

someone correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't there two patches for Thracia, depending on which version you have?

If I'm not mistaken, the real patch is for the ROM version. The NA patch is significantly bigger because it converts the NA version to ROM.

Or at least that's how it used to be in the early stages of development.

Well, I can relate to that, it's probably the ROM, get a new one, I can't give out the site where I got mine, but 9/10 I'm sure it's the ROM. However, I would suggest you play Seisen no Keifu/Genealogy of the Holy War first seeing as Thracia 776 is a gaiden to Seisen no Keifu, you wouldn't want to spoil such a great story, now would you?

There's not much to spoil if you don't know the plot of either one :/ The "ooooooohhhhhh" factor only comes into play when playing on before the other :/

For FE5, yeah, you have to make sure you have the right patch for the right version, and then you also have to make sure you have the right ROM--a headered or unheadered ROM.

There's not much to spoil if you don't know the plot of either one :/ The "ooooooohhhhhh" factor only comes into play when playing on before the other :/

For FE5, yeah, you have to make sure you have the right patch for the right version, and then you also have to make sure you have the right ROM--a headered or unheadered ROM.

K, I had my friend patch it(he figured it out) and I am playing Genealogy of Holy War. Not a fan

• 2 months later...

Okay, I'm having a similar problem. Genealogy worked fine, but every version of Thracia, translated or not, won't play on my emulator (SNES9X). I can't figure it out. Does it have something to do with having a header or not? If so, how do I tell if it has a header?