• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a toss up between the following classes:

Paladin M

-8 move, good AID, complete WTC

Wyvern Lord M

-8 move, flight, good AID, almost complete WTC

Falcoknight

-8 move, flight, good AID, almost complete WTC, but inferior CON and strength cap to Wyvern Lord.

Valkyrie

-8 move, good AID, staff access, but no WTC. Anima magic is a double edged sword, since while it targets RES and has accurate 1-2 range and siege tomes and Aircalibur, the more powerful Anima tomes in later GBA games are heavy, while Silvers, Killers and Reavers are easily light enough for the other three classes to use.

I would say Valkyrie is superior in FE6, but Wyvern Lord is better in FE7 and FE8.

Edited by Black★Star

It's a toss up between the following classes:

Paladin M

-8 move, good AID, complete WTC

Wyvern Lord M

-8 move, flight, good AID, almost complete WTC

Falcoknight

-8 move, flight, good AID, almost complete WTC, but inferior CON and strength cap to Wyvern Lord.

Valkyrie

-8 move, good AID, staff access, but no WTC. Anima magic is a double edged sword, since while it targets RES and has accurate 1-2 range and siege tomes and Aircalibur, the more powerful Anima tomes in later GBA games are heavy, while Silvers, Killers and Reavers are easily light enough for the other three classes to use.

I would say Valkyrie is superior in FE6, but Wyvern Lord is better in FE7 and FE8.

In all honesty, anything above D rank was pretty much extraneous in FE7 and FE8, as far as magic goes. Oh, and enemy resistance stunk in those games as well. I find Thunder or hell, even Fire to suffice in terms of anima magic.

Edited by Metal King Slime

Ax far as what's the best class, I'd have to say Dracoknights/Dragon Masters, with Cavaliers/Paladins coming at a close second.

Firstly, they have 8 move just like paladins, but they have a movement advantage due to flight. Also, unlike Falcoknights, they know the meanings of the words 'atk', 'concrete durability', and 'con'. Now, you COULD argue that magic and bows are an issue for them, but honestly, almost everybody in the character pool has mediocre to bad resistance, and the Delphi shield exists to stop arrows from hurting them as bad. Plus, I'm heavily biased against Pegasus knights in the GBA FE's, and for good reason.

If I really wanted to be biased, I'd say that general is the best class, period(Partial WTC(complete in FE8)+29str/30 def+FE8 Big Shield+Osw1n=w1n)

In all honesty, anything above D rank was pretty much extraneous in FE7 and FE8, as far as magic goes. Oh, and enemy resistance stunk in those games as well. I find Thunder or hell, even Fire to suffice in terms of anima magic.

Pet peeve: improper use of the word "extraneous."

Having access to C+ rank spells without AS loss is convenient in efficient play. Particularly, Valkyries generally have low mag, especially if they promote at level 10.

Having access to C+ rank spells without AS loss is convenient in efficient play. Particularly, Valkyries generally have low mag, especially if they promote at level 10.

Tch... I can count the number of units in FE7 and FE8 who could use spells of C rank or higher without losing much, if any, AS on one hand.

Well, I thought we were ranking the class, rather than the units in it. As a class, I think Valkyrie's staff access trumps the better weapon selection of Paladins.

Well, I thought we were ranking the class, rather than the units in it. As a class, I think Valkyrie's staff access trumps the better weapon selection of Paladins.

And on that note, I think even their flight doesn't save Wyvern Lords from losing out to Paladins' WTC in FE7.

And on that note, I think even their flight doesn't save Wyvern Lords from losing out to Paladins' WTC in FE7.

Why? FE7's enemies are too much of a joke for lack of Axes to really matter. Javelins, Axereavers, and all other Lances and Swords are plenty. Sure, Axes are cool, but I disagree that they're better than flight.

Why? FE7's enemies are too much of a joke for lack of Axes to really matter. Javelins, Axereavers, and all other Lances and Swords are plenty. Sure, Axes are cool, but I disagree that they're better than flight.

I blame FE7's wyvern riders for setting such bad examples for their class. <_<

I say mages/sages are the best. they join early, anima magic is strong and accurate and they can use staves when promoted.

oh, and let's not forget that nice 1-2 range!

Problem is, you don't want your mages attacking 1-Range unless it's against another mage. They have good avoid, but not good enough to rely on (and Tellius mages seem like they have no avoid at all).

Lance-users have the best 1-2 range weapons seeing as their 2-range weapons can do decent damage, not to mention they can actually take a hit.

Ay, Heath. >__< Dun liek Heath....

Edited by El Rey León

They don't, though. Heath is an excellent flier, with actual durability. And Vaida, oh Vaida. Don't even get me started.

They don't, though. Heath is an excellent flier, with actual durability. And Vaida, oh Vaida. Don't even get me started.

If joining too little, too late in addition to being underleveled is your definition of "an excellent flier"... I'm afraid this discussion stops here.

How is joining at the start of midgame "late" when you also have reasonable bases?

When the pegs can be at least double his level by then? Why the hell should I even bother? Also... *glares at Heath's lackluster speed*

When the pegs can be at least double his level by then? Why the hell should I even bother? Also... *glares at Heath's lackluster speed*

Heath has enough Spd to double FE7's enemies, and more than enough Str to ORKO. Plus, he has much more HP and Def than the Pegasus Knights.

Also, Vaida is a great example of a Wyvern Lord: great HP/Str/Skl/Def, suspect Spd. Give her a Speedwing and you've got an excellent unit. Her only fault is her bad join time.

Edited by Radiant Dragon

Heath has enough Spd to double FE7's enemies, and more than enough Str to ORKO. Plus, he has much more HP and Def than the Pegasus Knights.

Also, Vaida is a great example of a Wyvern Lord: great HP/Str/Skl/Def, suspect Spd. Give her a Speedwing and you've got an excellent unit. Her only fault is her bad join time.

Maybe, but it's not like not having a wyvern on my team is a grave mistake in FE7...

Of course not. You don't ever have to use any class. That doesn't mean they're not good.

Maybe so, but I'm not the easiest to talk out of something once he makes up his mind. And I never even liked Heath's looks anyhow - Blaargh! That just makes me hate him even more than otherwise...

Yes, they're doubling. And? Are they dealing more damage than Heath is dealing to the enemies? No, they aren't. In fact, they're usually weighted down more by stronger weapons to deal the necessary damage to 1RKO. Base level Heath with an Iron lance can 1RKO Archers, Brigands and some Mages that get weighted down (Florina and Fiora don't 1RKO these at Heath's level).

"But his Res sucks too"

His Res is fixable by using a Pure Water. And then he just absorbs hits with his manly HP.

"But I'm not wasting a turn on using it"

Ninian.

Yes, they're doubling. And? Are they dealing more damage than Heath is dealing to the enemies? No, they aren't. In fact, they're usually weighted down more by stronger weapons to deal the necessary damage to 1RKO. Base level Heath with an Iron lance can 1RKO Archers, Brigands and some Mages that get weighted down (Florina and Fiora don't 1RKO these at Heath's level).

"But his Res sucks too"

His Res is fixable by using a Pure Water. And then he just absorbs hits with his manly HP.

"But I'm not wasting a turn on using it"

Ninian.

I said I'm done talking, Soul.