Event Assembler Questions Thread

CT075

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the future, capitalise all the letters when using those 4 letter codes. You can look through the ea standard library if you need to reference a code

Edited by The Booty Wawriah

Hi

So my question deals with the FEditor text editor /Assembler

Turn2:
LOU1 Reinforcements
ENUN
Tex1 0x0800
REMA
ENDA
So in my opinion the above commands look normal, but my opinion doesn't matter so I'm asking if there is anything wrong with it.
My problem is when the event takes place, instead of the sprites and text coming up, the game crashes.
As for the editor, I am unsure how to apply the text to the chapter.
I was told to input 0xzz, but i'm unsure what value to place, and where to place it.
Please help and thank you

0xZZZ is whatever your text offset is...

Hi guys, me again back with my daily question. (correct thread this time too)

So for my prolouge chapter I made 2 villages, at first the one I had done was working fine. But then after I edited the second one, two things happened

1- I cannot visit "village2" as the option does not appear.

2- If I attempt to visit "village1", the game resets.

I'll post only the part of the script that applies to the location events to save you time and reading.

Location_events:
Village(0x24,village1,4,4)
Village(0x07,village2,16,4)
LOCA
village1:
FADI 10
BACG 0x02
FADU 10
TEX1 0x807
REMA
ITGV Vulnerary
ENDA
village2:
FADI 10
BACG 0x02
FADU 10
TEX1 0x808
REMA
LOU1 Reinforcements3
ENDA

As a side note, I left the values for the visiting unit as "0xFF" so if I should change that someone please let me know.

Once again thank you guys, and thanks for the previous help. The first chapter is coming up nicely, and I'll eventually get the hang of coding.

Looks fine to me. I'd say do this:

1) make sure those event ID's aren't used somewhere else in the file

2) make sure your coordinates are accurate

3) make sure the text slots you're using are valid and not broken

4) try different backgrounds

5) put an ENUN after your LOU1

otherwise I can't think of anything

Well the only things I can see are that you don't have ENUN after you loaded your "Reinforcements3". I learned that you should always have ENUN after loading or moving units. Another thing is that I did not know that you could just put a number after FADI and FADU. I usually put FADI 0x10 instead so you can try that.

EDIT: Nevermind Wawriah already got you to try ENUN.

Edited by Eldinnnn

I'm begining to think its a problem with the text (if that exists) as I removed village #2 from the script and attempted to visit #1, it was a no go.

I don't think its the ROM as everything else functions perfectly, and I was able to get into village1 right until I added village2 to the script.

You could have possibly overwritten some important data.

The idea about the text is why I said try different slots.

If the first village worked fine before but isn't now without editing it it may have been caused by overwriting something

I usually put FADI 0x10 instead so you can try that.

That's hex, and hex =/= decimal. So 0x10 wouldn't be 10, it'd be 16

Well the only problem with text I can remember having is not having the checksum match. Open FEeditor Adv and click "help", then "debug output". If the message that pops up says (HACKED: CHECKSUM ISN'T "XXXXXXXX"), then that could be the cause of your problem. Also, do you mind posting your text code?

Also in the text editor when you load portraits, does it look like this:

[OpenMidRight][LoadFace][0xFF][0x01]

Of course it doesn't have to be MidRight, but the rest should match. I can't see this being the cause of the game resetting though...

[OpenMidRight][LoadFace][0xFF][0x01]

this will break the game, the last bracket should be 0x01 if you're using a specific portrait; if you're doing villages/houses it has to be

"[LoadFace][0xFF][0xFF]"

I stepped from one problem into another

It turns out it was a text problem, which I quickly solved.

However, now when I visit the second village, after reinforcements come out the game crashes with all of the characters going into pixles.

It told me I was unsupported, but I wasn't able to see what I was unsupported in (as the message took itself down)

Edit- Solved problem on my own

Thank you to the people who tried helping me.

Edited by Pack yak

^ Thank you again.

But now I need to get rid of the soldier/Raven event as it crashes the game.

Update-

Came across a wierd glitch. All of the enemy bosses, and most of the units from FE7 are present in the castle, lined up in rows.

Edited by Pack yak

The "events" tab should be ch 2's events not ch 16's events

Alternately you can change the pointer for ch 2's map to the pointer to ch 16's map in the event references module then change the map tab back to ch 2 in the chapter data editor

I don't follow. Characters maintain inventories, level, stats etc unless they die

You could do a series if conditionals like if ___ is dead don't load him. Although I don't think you have to do that