FE9 HM (Build my team)

FE9 Poll  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Fixed or Random?

2. 2. Ena or Nasir?

3. 3. Which Royal?

After seeing Haze and other people in the SD board I wanted to try out the build my team playthrough to see how it goes. One unit per person of course also I hope the forum doesn't mind if I have to use Janaff or Ulki to make Naesala retreat,as much as I want to play Maniac mode I don't have a JP version of POR nor can my CPU run it well.

1.Volke(Soul) -"If I'm called in for emergencies, I charge double the standard rate. I get overtime, too."

2.Marcia(Radiant Dragon)- "Oh, jerky! That's a lot of dudes...Well, I'm ready to go. Let's make hash out of these guys!"

3.Mia(Xander)- "Here we go, boss! The real fighting starts now!"

4.Rolf(chubby8pie)- "Whew! I made it! I... I won't let you down!"

5.Mist (HongLie)- "Hey, Brother! How goes the battle!...Looks like you're outmanned! Let me help!"

6.Jill (Blazing_soul)- "Reinforcements are here! I'm ready to do my share."

7.Zihark(ViciousSal)-"Sorry to have taken so long! I'll be with you in a moment."

8.Muarium(Haze)-"Sorry to have kept you waiting. I'll join the fray directly."

9.Bastian(ExcellentBrowning)-"Even if Daein unleashes on myself the full force of their army's wrath...They are no match for clever Bastian!"

10.Kieran(Frostbite)-"Captain Kieran, Crimean Royal Knight, Fifth Platoon, ready for duty! Look upon me and tremble!"

11.Soren(13thShadow)- "Soren reporting for duty. Do not worry about their numbers. My magic will make short work of them."

12.Ilyana(Psychedelica)-"...Ran...puff...all the way...puff...here...Hold on... Puff... Kinda dizzy.....And so hungry..."

13.Oscar(DarkSage)-"Is everyone all right? Hang in there! I'll be with you in a moment!"

14.Ike

15.Nasir (Poll)

Edited by Generic Officer

Kieran... trololololol

For some added promotion challenge, give him bows after promoting...

**gets ballista'd**

Edited by Frostbite

Soren

Volke

Ike(obviously)

Nasir

Tibarn or Naesala(Tibarn is stronger Naesala can attack from a long range)

Mia

Haar(most epic pre-upgraded unit ever!)

Jill

Whoever else you want to usetongue.gif

Soren

Volke

Ike(obviously)

Nasir

Tibarn or Naesala(Tibarn is stronger Naesala can attack from a long range)

Mia

Haar(most epic pre-upgraded unit ever!)

Jill

Whoever else you want to usetongue.gif

What part of "one unit per person" don't you understand?

Thank you all for the suggestions, I believe that should be all the spots you can have for endgame if there's more spots of deployment let me know.

As of now:

Random

Nasir

Tibarn or Giffca(Tie)

Because I didn't get to ruin Haze's PT with him in the end, you get him! I demand you use Bastian!

Honestly, I've always used Bastian for my HM runs so I don't find him a liability as most people say, most underrated character in my crazy opinion. : P.

Edited by Generic Officer

Small update right now.

I'll update units stats every 8 chapters to make this go faster.

[spoiler=Progress]

Prolouge

Turns:4

The standard procedure.

Chapter1

Turns:6 (10)

Oscar attacks the fighter on his right side, Ike finishes him off, next turn Oscar moves back down one space and killed the enemies that went for him. Ike managed to crit a bandit so it went by a bit faster. It would've been 5 turns but I was worried if Ike was going to get hit by the boss. Titania went for the villages, she didn't kill anyone f you're wondering.

Chapter2

Turns:9 (19)

I would've finished this sooner but I was undermanned and the enemy keeps running away to vulenary themselves. First turn Ike gets shoved by Boyd and Rhys so he can go to the grass cover while Oscar attacks the northwest enemies. Second turn Oscar vulenaries while Ike keeps moving ahead. After that it was wiping out the remaining enemies.

Chapter 3

Turns:7 (26)

After turn 3 I just decided I should use the available people till I get to the later chapters like 6 or 8. First turn Ike moves up and attacks as much enemies as he can while moving towards the boat. Turn 4 he reaches the boat and kills off one of the handaxe fighter then Shinon moves up. Turn 5 Ike moves towards the boss's range, turn 6 Ike moves one space left with Shinon below him. He weakens the boss and Ike finishes him off.

Chapter 4

Turns:9 (35)

I've been thinking back and forth about if I should use everyone till I get more people so I didn't use Titania and the others excessively Turn 1 Rhys and Shinon move up Ike moves up with Gatrie to the south, Titania moves northwest between the trees. Titania killed some solders on enemy phase, till turn 6 it was moping up enemies with Ike and Soren. Turn 7 Ike with steel sword moves near the boss to pull the two soldiers and archers on the north side also Ike got the boss kill.

Chapter 5

Turns: 6 (41)

Ike holds the seize spot since he currently has more def than Oscar. Everyone moves right while Oscar and Gatrie form a vertical wall near the end of the east wall. Gatrie and Oscar slowly moves west while Oscar and Soren kills as much as they can with Gatrie weakening them. Didn't manage to kill the boss.

Chapter 6

Turns:12 (53)

I placed Ike in the range of three solders, archer attacks Rhys, Oscar weakens and Soren kills him off. I only used Titania to weaken stuff or to kill an enemy that would kill one of the characters assigned to me. Pretty much most of the plan was have Ike in range of the most enemies while Titania stays back only to weaken knights, while Oscar and Soren picks off any weakened enemies. Titania weakens boss and Ike finishes him off. After that Oscar, Ike, and Titania (Soren as passenger) escapes.

Chapter 7

Turns:10(63)

Ike goes left and since he is incredibly blessed in stats he solo'd the left side no problem that when Mia finally reached him there wasn't much for her to kill. Oscar attacks the low strength fighter with a javelin then moves to the soldier with the chest key, Titania moves up a little to block the way. After killing the initial enemies everyone except Ike moves to the armorslayer chest room. Shinon and Gatrie I just let them killed the enemies that goes after them. The rest of the turns were spent letting Titania weaken stuff like the knights and boss for Mia to kill.

Chapter 8

Turns:8

Ike goes to the left side to kill all of them. Mia goes to the right side unarmed to stall them, while Oscar stalls the south side. Next turn Soren attacks the steel lance knight so he moves, a javelin knight attacked Mia instead. After killing the west side, Ike moves and kills the cavaliers to the south and Kamura since he decided to move. However I didn't get the red gem or the longbow the priest carries.

I'm currently using a mac right now and the code table looks weird, until then stats will be in this format.

BEXP:1460

Bands: Ike- Fighter, Oscar-Knight, Soren-Mage, Mia-Soldier, Ilyana-Thief

Ike LVL: 19 Class: Ranger HP: 35 STR: 19 MAG: 5 SKL: 14 SPD: 17 LCK: 11 DEF: 14 RES: 8 Support: C Oscar C Soren

Oscar LVL: 11 Class: L.Knight HP: 31 STR: 9 MAG: 3 SKL: 9 SPD: 13 LCK: 7 DEF: 11 RES: 2 Support: C Ike

Soren LVL: 6 Class: Mage HP: 20 STR: 0 MAG: 10 SKL: 10 SPD: 9 LCK: 6 DEF: 4 RES: 10 Support: C Ike

Mia LVL: 7 Class: Myrmidon HP: 22 STR: 8 MAG: 0 SKL: 11 SPD: 13 LCK: 7 DEF: 8 RES: 2 Support:

Ilyana LVL: 6 Class: Mage HP: 20 STR: 1 MAG: 8 SKL: 10 SPD: 9 LCK: 6 DEF: 3 RES: 10 Support:

[spoiler=Another small update]

Chapter 9

Turns:10 (81)

First turn Oscar moves towards the range of the myrmidon, next turn Oscar weakens and Rolf kills him. The NPCS lured the knight and soldier group, after that I directed them to the spot below the trees. It went a bit slow because I tried to distribute kills to everyone. When the myrmidon reinforcements came out, Ike and Oscar formed a wall and let the others take what's weakened. Turn 8 Ike weakens the boss, turn 9 Ike moves away so Oscar can seize it. Didn't care about the villages.

Chapter 10

Turns:10 (91)

I'll try to explain this as best as I can. First turn Ike moves his max range and Marcia rescues him, Volke and Oscar moves out of the detection range as far as they can go. Next turn the three moves close to the middle, after that they move south then north east. On turn 6 there should be an opening Oscar and Volke moves up while Marcia moves north west. Turn 7 Oscar and Volke moves south while Marcia moves north east to avoid the south soldier's range but out of range from the north and north east guard. Turn 9 Marcia should be close to Nephenee's cell while Volke and Oscar should be in range that Volke opens the door and Oscar rescues him away from the soldier's range. Turn 10 talk to Kieran and escape, well apparently for hard mode you only have to open their cell doors so they count as recruited so pretty much Nephenee is stuck there.

Chapter 11

Baseprep:Gave Volke, Rolf, Mist +2 levels also gave Ilyana and Soren +1 level.

Turns:9 (100)

Everyone except Mordecai moves left, Ike attacks the middle group, while the rest goes south west. I didn't manage to rescue the village middle and northern villages, but the rest of the chapter was just slowly moving towards the boat, I miscalculated and lured the boss but Ike was able to weaken him since Mordecai smited him, Kieran got the boss kill.

Chapter 12

Baseprep: Oscar +3 levels and master seal him. Mia, Marcia, Soren, and Ilyana +2 levels.

Turns: 9 (109)

Rolf and Mist are placed near the middle pole. Zihark and Marcia are placed below the ledge next to the stairs, Ike is placed in the front of the left step while Kieran is near the right step. Soren is placed to the left side of the middle pole while Oscar is above him. Finally Mia was placed to the right side of the middle pole. Plan was pretty much weaken with Oscar's bow while the rest feed on whatever is weak.

Chapter 13

Baseprep:Marcia + 1 level.

Turns: 10 (119)

I had to reset until the myrmidon that kills Astrid only has 9 strength. This chapter was just the basic weaken, block, and feed strategy.

BEXP:1666

Ike LVL: 20 Class: Ranger HP: 36 STR: 20 MAG: 5 SKL: 14 SPD: 17 LCK: 11 DEF: 14 RES: 8 Support: B Oscar C Soren

Zihark LVL 11 Class: Myrmidon HP: 25 STR: 10 MAG: 1 SKL: 14 SPD: 15 LCK: 6 DEF: 7 RES:0 Support:

Rolf: LVL 9 Class: Archer HP:23 STR: 10 MAG: 1 SKL; 12 SPD: 10 LCK: 6 DEF: 11 RES: 5 Support: C Mist

Mist LVL 4 Class: Cleric HP: 17 STR: 2 MAG: 4 SKL: 6 SPD: 10 LCK: 9 DEF: 3 RES: 8 Support:

Mia LVL: 13 Class: Myrmidon HP: 25 STR: 12 MAG: 2 SKL: 14 SPD: 17 LCK: 8 DEF: 8 RES: 2 Support:

Soren LVL: 12 Class: Mage HP: 24 STR: 1 MAG: 15 SKL: 14 SPD: 10 LCK: 8 DEF: 5 RES: 14 Support: C Ike

Marcia LVL: 9 Class: Pegasus HP: 22 STR: 9 MAG: 0 SKL: 11 SPD: 15 LCK: 7 DEF: 10 RES: 6 Support:

Kieran LVL: 16 Class:A.Knight HP: 33 STR: MAG: 4 SKL: 11 SPD: 14 LCK: 9 DEF: 12 RES: 2 Support:

Oscar LVL: 17/3 Class: L.Paladin HP: 39 STR: 13 MAG: 5 SKL: 17 SPD: 18 LCK: 9 DEF: 16 RES: 7 Support: B Ike C Kieran

Volke LVL:13 Class:Thief HP:27 STR:15 MAG:1 SKL:15 SPD:14 LCK:9 DEF:7 RES:3 Support:

Jill LVL: 8 Class:Wyvern HP: 24 STR: 11 MAG: 0 SKL: 10 SPD: 9 LCK: 6 DEF: 11 RES: 2 Support:

Ilyana LVL: 10 Class: Mage HP: 22 STR: 1 MAG: 10 SKL: 12 SPD: 11 LCK: 9 DEF: 3 RES: 11 Support:

There's like no point in choosing Tibarn over Giffca. He can't double and doesn't hit as hard.

I think it's more like they chose him because they like his character more than Giffca rather than who does better. Though I guess I shouldn't made it a poll since I was going to have Ike Wrath and Resolve Ashnard probably.

Wrath/Resolve is unnecessary. Resolve alone can 2-round Ashnard. It'd be better if you used Wrath earlier when you get it.

Anyway, any specific goals for the PT? I'm guessing you'll want no deaths, but are you going for say, low turn counts?