Which do you prefer, Ray or Sophia?

91 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

...My Natasha kept dying on me. I think my Sacred Stones is cursed.

>_>.

But the other ones, point. I kind of forgot about Blazing Sword as a contender for a moment, and I never actually used Ilyana and Linde because I'd have already trained Soren and Merric to hell and back by the time I've gotten them.

As for Serra...I just hate the character. So much. So very, very much...

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm another person who'd prefer neither. None of the dark magic users can even wield thier weapon properly without a Body Ring, which is something that is much better saved for a Peggy. I'd rather use Lugh and Lilina simultaneously.

Ray is easily the more useful; but I'm someone who never used Knoll or Canas because the Sages in those games were just better (and using Luna on the final boss is very unnecessary).

I think the Female Druid battle animation looks really cool, so Niime and Sophia get a slight edge, as they are the only two to ever use it. I liked Sophia my first game, but I will never have the patience for her again; she's no Nino. Niime has a uniquely cool portrait in my opinion, can use Physic, and requires no training. Her support convos are very funny as well. She's probably my most favorite Dark Magic user ever (forgot about Pelleas); I'm never using a dark magic user because they have good stats (unless it's Ewan).

Edited by Desro

...My Natasha kept dying on me. I think my Sacred Stones is cursed.

>_>.

But the other ones, point. I kind of forgot about Blazing Sword as a contender for a moment, and I never actually used Ilyana and Linde because I'd have already trained Soren and Merric to hell and back by the time I've gotten them.

As for Serra...I just hate the character. So much. So very, very much...

I was talking about FE3 Linde, who joins a good deal earlier than Merric.

• 3 months later...

Ray. I never don't use a unit just because they join late, but Sophia is impossible to train. She can't even use a Flux tome without losing speed, and she has a miniscule base, which adds up to her being worthless. I will admit that when trained she can be great (I've never used her, but I've seen videos/pictures of her stats), but getting her there is a nightmare.

Ray. I never don't use a unit just because they join late, but Sophia is impossible to train. She can't even use a Flux tome without losing speed, and she has a miniscule base, which adds up to her being worthless. I will admit that when trained she can be great (I've never used her, but I've seen videos/pictures of her stats), but getting her there is a nightmare.

The thing is that Sophia doesn't even end up that great on average. She's always behind Ray in terms of HP/SKL/SPD/DEF and only produces a minor lead in magic. And a big resistance lead I guess but it's not like you're ever going to need 29 resistance.

Then she has no value. I normally love the Est characters (except Corple), but she's truly worthless.

I guess she was added either to give players a challenge by using her, or to reach three Shamans (since most other classes have three members in them).

• 3 weeks later...