etrian odyssey for me :D

Emperor 13: How the fuck does Royal Lineage work? Somebody tell me. Also, what's Rest?

Royal Lineage restore 1 TP for each level whenever a buff skill is used on the Prince(ss)

Rest reduces the guild members level by 5 and resets their skill points.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rest reduces the guild members level by 5 and resets their skill points.

And you can then re-earn those skill points, on and on to ???, profit!?

Emperor 13: Spectakit is benched so that my lovely Princess and myself can take Eclipse and Haze out to get Frostbite caught up. I endeavor to kill one of the Big Orangeball ShitS (BOSS) and I think he'll be valuable.

Emperor 5: I have been reunited with my Princess from a far-away land, Tangerine. Together we sing and inspire the party while Frostbite studies arcane lore or something at home. I am distinctly pondering giving Haze a raise on account of Extreme Cool.

Awwww yeah.

Emperor 14: 13 actually does some decent damage, even if I don't know what any of his skills are. JB is proving useful, unlike Excellen.

Emperor 18: Sailing is weird and addicting. Back into the labyrinth!

Edited by Integrity

Emperor 13: 13shadow the Ninja is recruited because fuck Excellen. JfuckingB the Monk is recruited because fuck Excellen.

Alright, I'm a ninja. Thanks for the B-Day present, Integ!

13 actually does some decent damage, even if I don't know what any of his skills are.

Alright, I'm worth using! thanks again, Integ!

I will be happy to explain what a Ninja does, and why I like them.

Clones are cool(but mine opted for a crossbow rather than clones). They can also do full damage from the back row while lowering TP cost with one skill(<3).

Emperor 20 or so: I've become stuck at sailing and have delved back into the Labyrinth. Fucking orange ball things. I'm supposed to figure out how to get by one and it's not meshing with my mind. There must be a secret passage...

Or maybe I have to kill it.

You should be able to dodge the orange ball things.

Now, what your ninja can do. . .

Keburi no Sue - Same damage from back row (1 point), reduces TP cost up to 9 or so. This is a godsend.

Next, you need to decide how your ninja's gonna function.

All by his lonesome - Invest in Bunshin and that weird fire tech. Funny things happen!

With his buddies - I'm a fan of Izuna (the tech). You can also invest stuff in that evasion ability, as well as exactly one point in that tech that says something about putting an enemy to sleep (you'll thank me for this later). A vanilla Ninja's not amazing, but when you get to a certain part of the story. . .

Prince(ss)

Decent class but lack any attack skills. They can equip heavy armor letting them take a hit if they have to. They pretty much make random encounters a laughable experience with their passive healing skills. Protect Order and Prevent Order are definitely a must for them. Their class exclusive skill is alright.

Gladiator

Damage dealer of course. Their class exclusive skill is amazing. Go with swords for attacks that hit multiple enemies with more speed and accuracy. Maces if you want to hit single enemies harder but with less speed and accuracy.

Hoplite

Best tank ever. Their class exclusive skill is amazing. Don't bother with their spear skills unless you want them to deal extra damage when they aren't defending. You only need the level 5 shield skills and you don't even need the anti-elemental skills until the 5th stratum.

Buccaneer

They work well with a somewhat well thought out team. Their class exclusive skill is pretty good. Go with Rapiers for more versatility. Go with guns for more defense for the Buccaneer.

Ninja

Good support class. Their class exclusive skill lets them deal maximum damage from the back row with one point. Their attack skills are pretty meh. Bunshin and all skills related to it are pretty good if your are using a solo Ninja.

Monk

Healing class. Their class exclusive skill is amazing. Just focus on healing skills. An offense Monk won't be very good without having super high STR and being at a super high level and exploiting a glitch to attack twice while unarmed.

Zodiac

Great damage dealer. Their exclusive class skill is amazing. Make sure you get Dark Ether. Exploit weaknesses and such with them and abuse Meteor at higher levels.

Wildling

Good support class. Their class exclusive skill makes their beasts stronger. Their beasts take the 6th party slot. Some beasts are pretty good but you can use whichever suits your needs.

Arbalist

Good offense class. Giant Kill is great. Stick them in the back row and deal massive damage or stick them in the front row and use Font Mortar for massive damage.

Farmers

Uh... They do stuff. Like gather stuff for money. Just level them up a bit and give them Keen Nose and the gathering skills while another Farmer has Safe Stroll to not let your cute farming party get eaten alive.

And that's pretty much it. There are two more classes. One is great. The other is pretty decent.

Edited by Demi-Fiend

Every Guild needs an Honorary Furby.

EDIT: Also, I reject any and all notions that one of those "other" classes is anywhere close to "decent."

They're basically only useful if you plan your party around them.

Edited by Furby

Guest Wen Yang

Yeah, I just noticed how the random encounters are no longer life-threatening like it was in EO1.

*sigh* I had fond memories of random monster parties annihilating my fresh-off-the-guild level 1 adventuring party back then. cool.gif

Yeah, I just noticed how the random encounters are no longer life-threatening like it was in EO1.

*sigh* I had fond memories of random monster parties annihilating my fresh-off-the-guild level 1 adventuring party back then. cool.gif

Then you are lucky. . .because. . .well, I'll let you find out why.