(Pokemon) Fire Red/Leaf Green Draft Redux

13th

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I teach Flash to a Pokemon that I haven't drafted to save me from teaching it to one I have drafted?

Catch all you need to get Flash. I don't really care. So long as they're HM slaves, and don't fight, you're good to go.EDIT: Or just sit in the box and rot.

Edited by 13thshadow

Update!

[spoiler=Mt. Moon - Lt. Surge]pokemonleafgreen01t.png

Oh fuck, Zubats.

pokemonleafgreen02.png

Woop. Maybe Lowen will be able to kill reliably now. Probably not.

pokemonleafgreen03.png

Yay, this should turn 2HKO's into 0HKO's.

pokemonleafgreen04.png

I love you too, Lewis.

pokemonleafgreen05.png

I decide to take on Misty before nugget bridge. Staryu was taken care of by bullet seed.

pokemonleafgreen06.png

OH FUCK STARMIE! THATS A DEVASTATING SPECIAL SWEEPER WITH AN AWESOME MOVEPOOL.

pokemonleafgreen08a.png

... However, it gets trolled by Lowen using the Leech seed/Sleep Powder combo.

pokemonleafgreen08a.png

Yep.

pokemonleafgreen09w.png

FALCON KICK

pokemonleafgreen10.png

No not really. You had what, and Ekans and a ... Rattata?

pokemonleafgreen11.png

No, I don't really feel like it.

pokemonleafgreen12.png

Do you understand what No means?

pokemonleafgreen13.png

Very good, you can say hello in a foreign language. Je ne parle pas en francais. See look, I said a whole sentance.

pokemonleafgreen14.png

Yaaaaaaaaay.

pokemonleafgreen15.png

I bet you know how this gym worked...

Stats:

POKEMON     LEVEL   NATURE    HP   ATK  DEF  SPATK  SPDEF  SPD  MOVES
Ivysaur      24     Brave     70    40   41   44     44     36  Tackle, Razor Leaf, Leech Seed, Sleep Powder
Pidgeotto    23     Lonely    67    44   32   32     29     45  Secret Power, Whirlwind, Gust, Quick Attack
Primeape     28     Naughty   80    79   44   43     41     62  Mega Kick, Rock Tomb, Brick Break, Karate Chop

Edited by General_Horace

Verifying on what is legal and what isn't, I used a non-drafted pokemon to catch one of my drafted pokemon (ekans). Thing is, it wasn't necessary to use the non drafted mon (paras), just made it far more convient rather than chucking balls at full hp or waiting since I was pretty sure lv 24 wartorle would OHKO a lv 6 ekans. Probably DQ'd but that's fine with me, since that means my run is invalid so I don't have to write anything :p.

ps. I'm finished my run (beat the E4 R1)

Ok... Umm... There is no competition, you know, just the challenge of a set team. In that case, you should chuck pokeballs.

Update yessssss.

Gain access to Saffron, then head off down the right path, killing the Lax and beating every trainer along the way down to Fuschia. My team continues to be awesome, although Haunter needs some better moves. wtb thunderbolt or something

Fuschia City: No new mons to get yet, so I just get Surf+Strength and then head over to beat up Koga. Porygon, as usual, sweeps the fuck out of everything, and Haunter's Toxic immunity, Confuse Ray, and inability to miss (yay shadow punch) makes quick work of him.

With Surf usable, I run out to Seafoam to catch a Seel, who is Level 26 and Lax. I teach him Surf and level up a bit on the swimmers and bikers, quickly evolving him up to a Dewgong, then go catch a Level 28 Mild Koffing in the Pokemon Mansion.

Saffron: Koffing+Haunter take out the Fighting "Gym" for some EXP, then go take on Team Rocket. Koffing evolves while I'm kicking ass and taking names, and eventually I reach my rival, whose Pidgeot and Growlithe are dropped by Dewgong, Gyarados and Venusaur by Porygon, and Alakazam by Pinsir. Giovanni is a joke.

Heal up, head over to the real gym. Grind up on the trainers, and then let Haunter sweep the psychics with shadow punches (Kadabra OHKO'd, Mime had a sliver of HP but Calm Minded, Zam Future Sight'd) and swapped in Dewgong for the Venomoth.

POKEMON   NATURE LV  HP Atk Def SpA SpD Spe ABILITY      MOVES
Machoke   Naive  39 119  93  67  57  54  57 Guts         Karate Chop, Seismic Toss, Rock Tomb, Secret Power
Weezing   Mild   39 111  80  93  83  70  62 Levitate     Sludge, Selfdestruct, Toxic, Smokescreen
Pinsir    Hardy  40 104 114  89  61  72  85 Hyper Cutter Strength, Seismic Toss, Brick Break, Bulk Up
Porygon   Hardy  40 103  64  64  84  75  47 Trace        Psybeam, Recover, Tri Attack, Shockwave
Haunter   Rash   40  91  55  45 111  53  91 Levitate     Shadow Punch, Confuse Ray, Night Shade, Dream Eater (WAITING ON THAT HYPNOSIS)
Dewgong   Lax    40 134  69  91  70  75  74 Thick Fat    Surf, Headbutt, Rest, Aurora Beam

... I didn't realize Porygon's stats were lagging behind so much. Recover just makes him ridiculously amounts of durable.

Last update.

Cinnabar: ran around in the Pokemon Mansion to get the Secret Key. Beat up Blaine, Dewgong swept the gym pretty hard.

Bill shows up and sends me off to the Sevii islands. I beat up all the trainers and kill Moltres for the hell of it.

Viridian: Weezing dropped Persian, Dewgong dropped a Rhyhorn, then Pinsir got to setup on Nidoqueen and one shot the rest with Strength.

Met up with the rival. Weezing downed his Pidgeot, Haunter his Alakazam/Venusaur, Porygon the Gyarados, and Dewgong the Growlithe/Rhyhorn.

Victory Road: No real difficulties here. Porygon's lack of an evolution is really hurting him here since he's often 2HKO'd so Recover's not that helpful.

Elite Four:

Lorelei: Pinsir sets up on Dewgong and OHKOs everything with Brick Break (Strength took 2 hits on Slowbro but the fucker Amnesia'd anyway)

Bruno: Dewgong killed the Onixes and Hitmonchan, Hitmonlee was wrecked by Weezing (Toxic + Double Team spam is pretty nice). Machamp got wrecked by Haunter's Confuse Ray.

Agatha: The first Gengar couldn't do shit to Porygon other than inflict status (I had about 70 Full Restores going in) so he eventually came out ahead. Dewgong attrition'd the fuck out of Golbat and Arbok, and the Haunter was OHKO'd by mine. The last Gengar was kind of annoying and I forget how he went down. Probably Dewgong.

Lance: Weezing/Haunter switched back and forth while Gyarados died to Toxic. Dewgong Surf'd the Aerodactyl to death, and then Pinsir set up on a Dragonair and swept the actual Dragon types.

Rival: Like last time, Weezing killed his Pidgeot just like last time. Dewgong lol'd at his 'Zam til it ran out of Psychic PP then Surf'd it to death, also killing Rhydon with Surf. Pinsir Bulk'd up on Venusaur as it attempted to Solarbeam, then killed it. Unfortunately it let off a Sunny Day right before it died, making Arcanine a bit more problematic for Dewgong than it should have been. Oh well. Gyarados also got wrecked by Weezing, because Weezing is awesome. The battle finishes with Weezing Exploding on Gyarados, because what's a final boss without some fireworks?

likeaboss-1.png

POKEMON   NATURE LV  HP Atk Def SpA SpD Spe ABILITY      MOVES
Machoke   Naive  46 140 111  79  68  63  68 Guts         Earthquake, Seismic Toss, Cross Chop, Secret Power
Porygon   Hardy  46 118  74  74  97  86  54 Trace        Psybeam, Recover, Tri Attack, Shockwave
Weezing   Mild   46 130  96 110  97  82  75 Levitate     Sludge, Explosion, Toxic, Double Team
Pinsir    Hardy  47 122 138 105  71  84 100 Hyper Cutter Strength, Seismic Toss, Brick Break, Bulk Up
Haunter   Rash   47 106  67  52 132  63 108 Levitate     Shadow Ball, Confuse Ray, Night Shade, Dream Eater
Dewgong   Lax    49 162  86 114  87  91  92 Thick Fat    Surf, Headbutt, Rest, Aurora Beam

Thoughts on dudes:

Machoke - Was a pretty good man, had good coverage, and was strong and tough. Unfortunately Pinsir outshined him heavily due to superior stats, better resistances, and my inability to trade. Was lagging pretty hard late game despite me giving him EQ.

Porygon - Dominated from the moment he showed up until after Giovanni's last defeat. At that point his lack of STAB and poor durability without Recover were starting to show, and almost everything was faster than him. If I was able to get Porygon2 maybe this would have gone better.

Weezing - Crappy movepool kind of hurt him (Maybe I should have given him Fire Blast or something), but I could always rely on him to trolololol stall anything that a) was not immune to Toxic and b) could not OHKO him. which was great. And STAB Sludge was still good vs. randoms.

Pinsir - If he was allowed to set up, he would absolutely destroy anything, as seen with Lorelei and Lance. Strength may not be the best Normal attack ever, but it was good enough for him dammit.

Haunter - I really wish I could have been assed to get him some real attacks. As it was, Confuse Ray + troll was still quite effective.

Dewgong - My late game MVP because Water types are overpowered and he was tanky as all fuck. Rest + heal team while sleeping is op, and STAB Surf hurts like hell.

Edited by Paperblade

I dropped mine because I had drafted 6 and I dislike having type redundancy. If I kept the turtle I probably would have dropped Machoke since despite Porygon's crappy stats he was still slightly more useful due to Ghost immunity.

I see. I drafted 6 as well, and seeing your team made me think we had to drop our starter at some point.

I drafted Tentacool, but I have no intention of even catching one and am sticking with my starter and 5 other drafted Poke's.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't care that it has been weeks, I'm continuing. Starting with Misty. Staryu hardens, and I put it to sleep with sleep powder. Peridot uses growth a few times and OHKOs Staryu with Vine Whip. I proceed to OHKO Starmie too. Easy battle.

Taught Pearl Water Pulse to make life against any random fire pokemon I run into easier. Turned out to be useful to avoid attacking against things like Nidoran that have poison point. Went and got Cut from the S.S. Anne, beating up a bunch of trainers for levels. Beat up trainers on Route 11, too. Caught another Bellsprout to use Cut. Went to take on Lt. Surge. Taught Garnet Dig for this. Levels before Surge:

Garnet	Charmeleon	Quirky				
Level	HP	ATK	DEF	SATK	SDEF	SPD
28	74	46	41	50	49	56

Dig		Smokescreen		
	Ember		Metal Claw		

Pearl	Wigglytuff	Naughty				
28	116	55	35	48	30	34

Sing		Rollout		
	Water Pulse	Mega Punch		

Peridot	Weepinbell	Bold				
27	77	54	40	57	33	36

Vine Whip	Growth		
	Acid		Sleeppowder		

Ran everything over with Dig. Raichu took 2, but that was it. Calling it a day. Time: 4:06.

I've done a lot of stuff between the third and fourth gym, it's going to be hard to recall everything. I haven't got the 4th badge yet and I've got my full team of 6, except for LolTentacool. I'll post an update just before I will face Erika.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh WTF, it took that long for me to make it this far?

Stormed everything between me and the SS Anne, then proceeded to turn the SS Anne into My Experience Ship. Along the way, I picked up a Meowth, and forgot to nickname her Destiny. Grabbed Flash, then went ALL the way back for my Old Amber, did a little bit of light training using the trainers outside of Lavender Caver, THEN finally went and beat up Lt. Surge.

The military guy's Voltorb went down to the tag team of Meowth and Paras (with the latter using Poisonpowder on Volty to speed things up). Pikachu and Raichu both died to well-placed Poison Stings by Sandshrew. Really.

Team so far:

Diver (Wartortle): 23

Aegis (Pikachu): 21

Fate (Paras): 23

Vermillion (Sandshrew): 22

Destiny (Meowth): 22