FEShrine vs. Serenes Forest Brawl Tournament

Crimson Red

So we wanted to start a brawl tournament but we wanted to spice it up a little, for various reasons: one, our members are all too busy to do much more than visit the forums, so brawling isn't easy, and two, playing against another forum adds a lot more people to it and makes it more competitive, even though the intention of it is just to have fun and be good sports while doing so. Well, there are probably others, but they aren't significant enough for me to think of what they might be. =P

That being said, one representative from Serenes Forest and the Fire Emblem Shrine would each help manage this. Because there are likely more competitors at SF (being a bigger forum with more people with no livesmore members), we'll have to even it out as much as possible and possibly have some preliminary rounds to knock out any "extra" SF players--of course, those preliminary rounds would still be fun and all.

Then, we'd set up a bracket (as soon as I remember the awesome website I used to use for them) between the two forums and we'd follow the bracket as best as possible, but unless the win-loss ratio of each forum is even, we'd have to make some (probably a lot of) adjustments. That is, we'll do our best to make sure it is always SF vs. FEShrine, unless there are say, 2 unpaired FESers and 0 SFers, in which case we could either A) force the two people on the same forum to fight or B) automatically make them continue onto the next round until they are eliminated by an SFer. I am fine with either option--it doesn't matter to me.

Anyway, this is just the jist, so I'll wait to see what you guys think, what rules there may or may not be, and most importantly, if there's actually any interest in a friendly Brawl competition.

If there is, I will have to go buy Brawl again because *someone* broke my Brawl disc... and I most definitely will participate.

Oh, lastly... I don't know what to do with people who are on both forums. I'd like to say "we'll probably need the extra support because we're a much smaller community" but it should probably be up to the individual members, I suppose, and which forum they like better and which they want more of... we'll see, I'm not really sure. I was just suggested this by someone else and just kinda acted on it. :\

- Luffy

EDIT: Okay, I'm just gonna save me a little time and go ahead with the sign-up formats. I'll then occasionally copy the people's sign-ups here for an overall referenceupdate a tally of who is participating for each forum. And if I figure out how to use spoiler tags, I'll put the sign-ups in there to save space.

[b]Forum Name:[/b]
[b]Brawl Name:[/b]
[b]Friend-Code:[/b]
[b]Country/Time-Zone:[/b]
[b]Time you are often available:[/b]

Forum name is the name you use on either SF or FES, which may or may not be different from your Brawl name, which is the name you have set in Brawl (we need some way to tell who is who when we see lots of new people online). Friend-Code is your Brawl FC located somewhere on the Friends page when u connect to wi-fi, country/time-zone and time you are available is for organizing matches and getting them done.

Here's mine:

Forum Name: Luffy

Brawl Name: Blaze (I think... been forever)

Friend-Code: 0473-7705-4433

Country/Time-Zone: U.S.A., EST

Time you are often available: Weekdays 4-5, 7-9, Friday 4-12, Saturday (NSS*)

*NSS = No Set Schedule

I think I've said enough, time to see what the reaction is... I'm not expecting much so I doubt I'll be disappointed =P

[spoiler=Current Sign-Ups List]Fire Emblem Shrine

Blazer

Seraphinox

Masterplan201

Fitz24

Soviet Comrade

FES Total: 5

Serenes Forest

Vicious Sal

Sirius

Claude_C_Kenny

whase

Kaoz

SF Total: 5

Total: 10

Edited by Luffy

No deadline; first we have to see if people are interested and able. I'm guessing we'd need until at LEAST mid-April to set it up, possibly more, depending on if we have to knock-out SF players due to a large quantity of them (lol, sorry). Once the first round starts, that'd be the longest, and realistically, it'd probably take a month, and people who don't do their match after will be dropped (i.e. whoever is not online or is not able to meet up with another player and a spectator due to some reason... if BOTH players are unable, BOTH will be dropped, to be fair).

[b]Forum Name:[/b] Vicious Sal

[b]Brawl Name:[/b] Falco

[b]Friend-Code:[/b] 2064-1964-2281

[b]Country/Time-Zone:[/b] Netherlands

[b]Time you are often available:[/b] Wednesdays till fridays only.

I'm in, I'm not that good but I like the game. been a while since I played through wifi, I'll add that information later.(done)

Forum Name: whase

Brawl Name: whase

Friend-Code: 3610-6137-5296

Country/Time-Zone: Netherlands/GMT +2 hours

Time you are often available: between 22:00 and 24:00 most certainly, but usually any time will do.

Edited by whase

Forum Name: Kaoz

Brawl Name: KaoZ

Friend-Code: 1376-6029-9197

Country/Time-Zone: Germany / CET (GMT +2)

Time you are often available: 9-11 pm, not sure about other possible times as I don't have my complete schedule yet

Did you already make the rules?

(1:05:05 PM) Blazer: Rey

(1:05:09 PM) Blazer: you are banned from the Brawl tournament

(1:05:12 PM) Blazer: don't even try

(1:22:28 PM) shadowofchaos: what?

(1:22:31 PM) shadowofchaos: *shrug*

(1:22:38 PM) Blazer: lol

(1:22:41 PM) Blazer: just

(1:22:42 PM) Blazer: do't

(1:22:44 PM) Blazer: *don't

(1:22:49 PM) Blazer: you're banned

I apparently can't represent either side. XD

Have fun people.

No, I am waiting on participants. I need at least 8 and 8 on each, and unfortunately I think that since it's not summer time, it will be hard to get more.

The rules will be pretty simple though. I'll probably steal it from somewhere else (i.e. some standard Brawl tournament rules place). No hax, no cheats, no custom stages (err, idk if that's even possibly, but w/e... lol), no items, 3 stock, 8 minute time limit. Unless people constantly complain to me about dumb stuff like banning MetaKnight or at least banning his infinite cape glitch, I don't think I will.

EDIT:

I apparently can't represent either side. XD

I don't think there's anyone on our forum that can beat you, and you don't really visit FES anymore so I just assumed that you'd represent SF if you participated.

And if I lose to a Falcon Punch I'd just shit on myself, which would not be pretty. So the ban stays. =P

Edited by Luffy

YOU ARE ON FESHRINE'S SIDE, POST THERE lol

[spoiler=Current Sign-Ups List]Fire Emblem Shrine

Blazer

Seraphinox

Masterplan201

Fitz24

Soviet Comrade

FES Total: 5

Serenes Forest

Vicious Sal

Sirius

Claude_C_Kenny

whase

Kaoz

SF Total: 5

Total: 10

I'll try and make it a specific date but no guarantees, it will probably be spread apart.
No deadline; first we have to see if people are interested and able. I'm guessing we'd need until at LEAST mid-April to set it up, possibly more, depending on if we have to knock-out SF players due to a large quantity of them (lol, sorry). Once the first round starts, that'd be the longest, and realistically, it'd probably take a month, and people who don't do their match after will be dropped (i.e. whoever is not online or is not able to meet up with another player and a spectator due to some reason... if BOTH players are unable, BOTH will be dropped, to be fair).

Since the tournament itself is tentative that's about all the information about timings I can give. If tons of people say they can't play during May due to exams then we can just move it to June (I have exams too but meh, it is only a few hours during the week that I would spent on such a thing).

This topic made me remember FES exists.

I guess I'll join, but my Wii's Wi-Fi fluctuates stupidly, which could potentially be bad. :/: Might not really be a good idea. I'll say yes for now, but if someone else wants my place I'd gladly give it up.

No, I am waiting on participants. I need at least 8 and 8 on each, and unfortunately I think that since it's not summer time, it will be hard to get more.

The rules will be pretty simple though. I'll probably steal it from somewhere else (i.e. some standard Brawl tournament rules place). No hax, no cheats, no custom stages (err, idk if that's even possibly, but w/e... lol), no items, 3 stock, 8 minute time limit. Unless people constantly complain to me about dumb stuff like banning MetaKnight or at least banning his infinite cape glitch, I don't think I will.

If you didn't really work them out yet, you might just wanna copy-paste them from here. Seeing as they are used fairly frequently they should be fine.

Say that again after FEShrine defeats you gee_wiz_emoticon.gif

... I've been a super inactive member there for like a year and a half dude.

I just didn't see it on my bookmarks because I have everything abbreviated. FES happens to be the shortest one and in the middle so yeah I forget about it a lot.

^I have a good feeling Rey would kick your ass though >____>

also umm, is that it for competitors? 'cuz if we don't get more within 2 days I think I'll just give up and/or ask in a few months if more people are interested

^I have a good feeling Rey would kick your ass though >____>

also umm, is that it for competitors? 'cuz if we don't get more within 2 days I think I'll just give up and/or ask in a few months if more people are interested

Now I really want to play against him :D.

I maybe could ask some friends but then it wouldn't be FES VS SF

What's wrong with having less than 16 participants? Sure you'd have to structure the rounds a bit differently, but other than that it shouldn't be much of a problem.