I'm looking for some ideas I could use for a project

Just recently, my Digital Arts and Media teacher started us having do a project that involves "creating a vector out of a sketch." (Mainly using Adobe Illustrator to create a cleaner line-art from the sketch itself and, as far as I know, coloring it. And before anyone asks, here's an example. ) Right now, we're practicing using the Adobe Illustrator tool, but I have a feeling that a sketch will be needed come next Wednesday. I would like suggestions for certain ideas if possible. (I really can't think of anything myself at the moment, and I don't think some of the ideas I do have at the moment would be appropriate.)

I'm kinda feeling desperate here, so anything would be nice. (I wonder if this is what "writer's block" feels like.)

You mean like a "what should I draw" suggestion? I dunno, what are you good at drawing?

I'd note that Illustrator is good for cel-shading-- see that dress Lumi drew, or a couple of my (inferior) scribbles. Stuff with lots of blended shading is harder to do.

That's exactly it. And I just want to be as original as possible, while still within the constraints of what's allowed at my school and what isn't. As far as "Am I good at drawing?" is concerned, at the very least, my teachers seem to think so.

And as I've mentioned before, Illustrator is exactly what I'm gonna be using. (Although I'm stuck with the CS2 version, because the school board is cheap, and there's no "box tops for education" thing going on at my school. Believe me, if I could do a fund raiser towards the upgrades, I would.) Right now, and tomorrow as well, I'm practicing using it. My teacher right now just wants us to get the hang of it.

I was in an art class, and NEVER did a fruit bowl. . .but that's because I'm special like that.

What else has lots of shading. . .a peacock?

I've been wanting to make a dick joke for awhile, and this would appear it is the time. However, I am too high-class for that. I think. Maybe.

Now's not the time to play with that idea.

I've been wanting to make a dick joke for awhile, and this would appear it is the time. However, I am too high-class for that. I think. Maybe.

Or a lighthouse~

[spoiler=beat you bro]gummi_lighthouses.jpg

And would it help to say that I don't want to do innimate objects?

Vector a rabbit. :3

I'll consider it. So far it's either drawing that, a wolf (not suggested by Life Admiral), or a depiction of Thor* anyways. (The Thor idea was someone else suggesting to me on the same topic, by the way.)

*: The original suggestion was a depiction of a thunder god. Kinda vague, but Thor was the closest to it I could think of at the time. Although now that I think about it, a depiction of Zeus would also work too.

Edited by LittleAl