itt: i try this art thing again

Ciarre

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Should I color the right one or no? I kinda like it uncolored because I feel like I'm going to ruin it once I do. Though I don't think the left Mitsuru turned out too bad though

d29df2b91655b84449c8b2e5520a9e3d.png

I'm kinda thinking maybe you could colour in just the shading... and keep the shading all the same colour? And maybe even further perhaps you could not just shade in red to go with it, but perhaps instead make the shading a light blue or lavender, or maybe just grey. Of course you could just go with which way you like the most~

Or maybe you could colour in just the trim and little highlights of the outfit. Idk what colours you had already planned for those parts but maybe it'd look nice. Or maybe for what originally would have been lighter, you could have different tones/shades, say like a red for the trim and paler red for that line going down the boot legs, dark red for that belt on her right leg, etc. (again red could be whichever colour you would like to use =3)

I'm not certain if I have the best eye for these kinds of things, but I suppose if you like any of those ideas then that would be good~

Or you could just colour the whole thing in too and see how you like it! If you don't mind trying trial and error, that is~

Edited by Freohr Datia

Thanks for the suggestions, Fre~ Though her outfit is supposed to be catsuit-ish (it's mostly grey/black), I could add in some bits of red for the trims and stuff. Defying a bit of canon wouldn't hurt. :P I was thinking I could fill in the base colors with the dark grey, shade a little, and add some highlights of red on top, maybe? And I need to draw the hands too, I totally forgot haha

Also thank you Boney :D

try color only flats, like you did with her hair. i'd say you don't even need to shade, as long as the base colors you choose have enough contrast.

keep the outlines and hair the same color as now and leave the skin and fur white. it takes little effort, so if you don't like it it's easy to do whatever else and not much time is wasted.

Flats are a lifesaver haha. Between dark grey and lighter grey there isn't that much contrast so I shaded in a little bit with bright red kind of like Fre suggested.

Here's the colored Mitsuru. I'm probably going to leave this one as it is, but for the other one I'm thinking of drawing Shinji and Akihiko too and then slapping a background together.

6es0.png

edit: Also, I've been looking through some of my old things and I feel like I've gotten worse and better at the same time. These are all from around 2+ years ago but eh. Maybe I should do one of those redraw meme things?

[spoiler=um]letting_go_by_truebladed-d4dr5rc.jpg

feral_one_by_truebladed-d4eijfc.jpg

naoto_shirogane___reach_out_to_the_truth

oh and then there's this thing that I started like 2.5 yearsish ago which I never got around to finishing.

3f9b780d82732420d1c3715b13cc32ad.png

Edited by Ciarre

I dunno if you're like totally not into working on that Mitsuru some more but I'm realllly digging it. I think I'd like it even more if you redid some of the lines/edges to make them less soft. one thing I really like about that image is how graphic the hair is, I think if everything was graphic like that, this would be nuts. removing the outline from the fur might look neat too? I dunno blah blah blah

• 3 months later...

Ugh I had this packet I had to read and annotate in class and I just got bored so things happened

ef05d543ebfaabaef93f4244de826148.png

I didn't bring a pen, I just had a pencil...and liquid eyeliner

26af4f64bff6c654a4c1a16b0bb0f896.png

I couldn't find my gel eyeliner that I normally use on Friday morning because I am blind as fuck so I brought this along and yeah.

edit:

i love makeup

0b9ccb2c8dc9b96794a6649be853014f.png

edit2:

02f09f0bd8627af28bbd168d9e93a7df.png

Got carried away

Edited by Ciarre

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...