Wen's sprites archive.

Guest Wen Yang

Well, my original aim was to make a masculine woman, and I kinda wanted to make her look tough...

Guess I kinda overdid it?

Any suggestions on that issue?

Look at Echidna, I guess. She's a very masculine woman, but you can still tell she's female from her facial features, eyees, etc.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Wen Yang

Funny thing is that I used female parts for every single bit of her face other than the nose. <_<;

Eyes from Brunya, Mouth from Thany, and the face itself is Echidna's.

Could it be that Wolt's nose is the source of the masculinity overdose? laugh.gif

Edited by Wen Yang

Funny thing is that I used female parts for every single bit of her face other than the nose. <_<;

Eyes from Brunya, Mouth from Thany, and the face itself is Echidna's.

Could it be that Wolt's nose is the source of the masculinity overdose? laugh.gif

|:

Just because you used female parts doesn't mean you've done it correctly.

1. the eyes look terrible on the face. They don't match the face, and just look like great red blobs on it.

2. the nose isn't feminine at all.

3. Echidna's face works with Echidna's features because of her other features; because of her small eyes and nose.

4. the hair looks chunky in the bangs.

5. the BODY is way too large for a woman. Echidna is as large as she is because she's wearing armor. This is Lloyd's body; there's no armor. The body should not be that large.

6. The neck shading is pretty gross.

7. the shoulder pad is flat as all hell.

Guest Wen Yang

iaza17627719684100.gif

tried tinkering with the neck and shoulder pad shading a bit. This any better?

Hmm... I already shrunk the body size by several pixels, let me see if I can shrink it some more, and do something about the hair.

iaza17627719684100.gif

tried tinkering with the neck and shoulder pad shading a bit. This any better?

Hmm... I already shrunk the body size by several pixels, let me see if I can shrink it some more, and do something about the hair.

No, not really :[

I don't see why you don't just bring the original shoulder pad back in and just recolor it, instead of trying to reshade it yourself. Doing custom work yourself, even shading, at this level is not a good idea.

Guest Wen Yang

Klein's shoulderpad doesn't lend itself well to recoloring unless I use two different colors on it. Wanted to go for a leather look, which was why I tried to reshade it instead.

I did try straight-recoloring it at first, but the result was well... flat.

Klein's shoulderpad doesn't lend itself well to recoloring unless I use two different colors on it. Wanted to go for a leather look, which was why I tried to reshade it instead.

I did try straight-recoloring it at first, but the result was well... flat.

Then use Wil's shoulderpad, or use Raven's, or Wolt's. You've a lot of choices.

^Ditto that.

Hmm... I think you "should" practice by doing simplier splices first.

I'm not sure is it just me but I liked your first mug A LOT more than these.

Like... making Weekly Splice entries... at least I have learned a little from those...unsure.gif

Edited by ☢Lollipop Knight

Guest Wen Yang

iaza17627748110500.gif

something like that?

Between the shoulder pad switch and the neck change I think I trimmed off 6-8 pixels or so off her width.

^^Or reading my basic splicing tutorial.

Anyways, one thing I noticed is that the color of her mouth doesn't match the rest of the mug's skin color.

Edited by Maklo

splicing.png

Alright, so, physical examples are better than words. I've been throwing this together for the past few hours so you could reference it, and get what you wanted.

It's 80% splice, so it shouldn't be had for you to get a similar result. Also, downgraded to Farina's shoulderpad because Wil's was too large, and I figured that Klein's/Wolt's would be too large as well.

EDIT: please note, it's not perfect. It's just meant to be a reference. If I'm not feeling lazy, I'll go back and fix it later. This is why I don't splice anymore xD

Edited by seph1212

Guest Wen Yang

iaza17627787109000.gif

trimmed part of the right shoulder off, also, recolored. :3:

iaza17627711224300.gif

Something I made by splicing several FETO sprites. I don't know who made them, but credits where it's due. It was one of the adept sprites, one of the SM sprites, and one of the Chaos Knight sprites.

This one is of course, Ishtar.

Edited by Wen Yang

Guest Wen Yang

iaza17627785219400.gif

And made a sprite to match the latest mug. laugh.gif

Start tearing at it at will. wink.gif

Edited by Wen Yang

Ohai Ishtar.

Though, she has two border colors. The standard battlesprite border is that dark grey you have for the shadow and clothes, and give her clothes something like a dark purple that's lighter than the border color. It's inadvisable to use border color for anything but the border and the bottom shadow.

826ba42d9cfd3013756fa8188d48cb48.png

Red: Needs anti-aliasing. Lloyd's jacket got away with it because it was dark, but with light colors, it's best to add in the anti-aliasing. I also forgot to circle it, but the border-colored crease should be recolored to that green-grey that is the darkest shade of the jacket.

Blue: looks like there's a dent in the armor. Dunno if it's intentional or not, but if it isn't, you should reshade that part.

Green: The hair shading is very messy there. I can't find a reference off the top of my head, though. I'll see if I can get one when I get home.

The hair is still messy to me.

Clean it up a bit. Erase few lines of the hair, give it more room. It just looks really busy right now.

Also, use 3rd shade of skin on the trim of the collar.

The trim on the armor is jagged as well. Right here:

3c685639f7b2aba24b66b67e8c163afe.png

Pillowed belt. Clean that up, too.

Oh, anti alias when the border color touches something else.

...Oh screw it, just don't use border color too much, use darkest skin tone is better.

It's still a biiiit messy. Clean up more.

I also notice there's some 4th shade in the hair.

When you recolor 4-shade hair (Or anything) into 3-shade, recolor the 2nd and 3rd shade of 4-shade into 2nd shade of 3-shade. Then clean up, make more room for 1st shade.

Okay I am getting dizzy.

Guest Wen Yang

iaza17627762543800.gifiaza17627779072200.gif

Machua from FE5, first, minimal-edit version.

iaza17627741234700.gifiaza17627727320000.gif

Second version, with more edits. Which are better?

Edited by Wen Yang