The Next Fire Emblem

Hash Jar

It was in the Manga.

It was very definitely clearly in the Oosawa manga.

Other than that...how hard was Thracia again?

*Looks at my own sig*

Oh yes...THAT hard. If people bitched about Radiant Dawn...how much would they bitch about Thracia?

Something I've heard brought up, but seems extremely unlikely to me, is the possibility of one being a launch title for the new Wii. What are your thoughts on that? And which would you prefer: 3DS, or Wii2? I think both have some interesting things for Fire Emblem. Mostly visual, of course, but then that's a lot of what we get that's new with Fire Emblem. The gameplay doesn't change much.

Priscilla wanted to literally marry Raven.

That's when she was a little girl. You know, at an age where they didn't know any better. An age when they probably don't know what goes on between a man and a woman.

I really do think fans take some of this stuff a little too far. Just like how a man with a male close friend is automatically gay. Man, I must be the gayest little boy in the world.

Something I've heard brought up, but seems extremely unlikely to me, is the possibility of one being a launch title for the new Wii. What are your thoughts on that? And which would you prefer: 3DS, or Wii2? I think both have some interesting things for Fire Emblem. Mostly visual, of course, but then that's a lot of what we get that's new with Fire Emblem. The gameplay doesn't change much.

Well, it does evolve to a certain extent...Thracia, I'm looking at you...

Besides, I'd be quite interested in a Tellius sequel for the Wii2. Or maybe a prequel revolving around the original Four Riders?

The only one we knew was Greil...it'd be interesting to say the least. It could have the excuse plot of Ike finding another old Four Rider in wherever he vanished to and being told the story.

A completely new title would be interesting, especially if they try and throw in a new gimmick gameplay addition to make the standard formula more interesting, or bring back gameplay mechanics that have not been used in a while.(FE5 is my favorite because of now-forgotten mechanics such as fatigue and capturing)

I'm "OK" with a remake... depending, but I also say they should wait a few more games, unless they want to set the stage for a sequel game set in Jugdral/Elibe(FE7 bein' a prequel an' all)

Give me a new FE with the setting/theme to be.....

Hellenistic Age

Feudal Asia

Renaissance Europe.

I'm tired of the overdone High Medieval period of the games.

That's when she was a little girl. You know, at an age where they didn't know any better. An age when they probably don't know what goes on between a man and a woman.

I really do think fans take some of this stuff a little too far. Just like how a man with a male close friend is automatically gay. Man, I must be the gayest little boy in the world.

She met him a decade later and still wanted to do it.

Give me a new FE with the setting/theme to be.....

Hellenistic Age

Feudal Asia

Renaissance Europe.

I'm tired of the overdone High Medieval period of the games.

Good thing none of the games are modeled after the Medieval times. They're stylized in the fantasy-like anime genre.

She met him a decade later and still wanted to do it.

This is simply untrue. She missed him because she hasn't seen him in a decade and she didn't want him to just abandon her at the first opportunity (this theme repeats throughout the supports and actually makes sense, since, y'know, they're orphans). She mentioned the marriage bit once, in C, and she even says, verbatim, "It was a child's game"

It's never brought up again in B or A.

Edited by Paperblade

This is simply untrue. She missed him because she hasn't seen him in a decade and she didn't want him to just abandon her at the first opportunity (this theme repeats throughout the supports and actually makes sense, since, y'know, they're orphans). She mentioned the marriage bit once, in C, and she even says, verbatim, "It was a child's game"

It's never brought up again in B or A.

What this man said. Also I laugh at people who think that the one case of incest in FE4 would be such a huge deal for international if they ever did remake it. Things far more offensive than that have been localised.

Regardless, new title please.

Good thing none of the games are modeled after the Medieval times. They're stylized in the fantasy-like anime genre.

Okay fine....Anime High-Fantasy Medieval.....

What this man said. Also I laugh at people who think that the one case of incest in FE4 would be such a huge deal for international if they ever did remake it. Things far more offensive than that have been localised.

I laugh at people who thinking that removing the one case of incest in FE4 would irrevocably and unquestionably make it RUINED FOREVER.

As things currently stand FE4 could not be remade or re-released in the west without making significant changes, effectively to remove the incest case which is the big elephant in the room. If the gaming medium and the sensationalist media can grow up a little we may be able to get a non-modified version of FE4 released worldwide but at the moment I'd say it's impossible, or at least hopelessly impractical.

That said though, I would much rather see a new FE, not least to see the next step in its growth and evolution. Remakes I would like eventually but definitely not at the moment.

Really? I thought they didn't announce anything is because they had their hands full translating the massive FE12, I could be wrong though. Something I DON'T want is another remake, Jugdral series to be precise, it'd be censored to hell. Also, I'm quite happy with the relatively "small" fanbase it has.

Other than that, I just want my normal FE. Online would be a plus, but the main story gameplay better not change a bit.

Since nintendo gets US translators, would IS be busy with the translation? But they are doing paper mario 3ds, that might be occupying their time.

Hopefully they do totally new world and show that they are still creative enough...

... or then they do FE8 sequel, where Moulder becomes the Emperor/King of the whole damn Magvel an-*shot* gee_wiz_emoticon.gif

As things currently stand FE4 could not be remade or re-released in the west without making significant changes, effectively to remove the incest case which is the big elephant in the room. If the gaming medium and the sensationalist media can grow up a little we may be able to get a non-modified version of FE4 released worldwide but at the moment I'd say it's impossible, or at least hopelessly impractical.

Persona 2, a two-part game released in the 90's, did not have it's first half released due to the possible appearance of Adolf Hitler and a possible homosexual relationship. It's being remade and is confirmed to be released in the west.

One case of incest that's there as part of a string of events that's supposed to morally outrage the player is not a big deal, stop acting like it is.

Edited by Ceadeus

Persona 2, a two-part game released in the 90's, did not have it's first half released due to the possible appearance of Adolf Hitler and a possible homosexual relationship. It's being remade and is confirmed to be released in the west.

One case of incest that's there as part of a string of events that's supposed to morally outrage the player is not a big deal, stop acting like it is.

I respectfully disagree with this standpoint, I believe that if anybody from the non-gaming public heard about it there is a high chance they would take it out of context and IS could have a controversy on their hands and, even if the chance is relatively low, I doubt they would want to risk it for a game that probably wouldn't turn a large enough profit to warrant the risk. That said, this is my opinion and you are welcome to disagree with it, I don't want a fight, just to add 'my two cents'.

Edited by Byte2222

Or the controversy would make them tons of money.

I mean seriously. A lot of people might get it just because there's incest in it. Sad, but true.

Edit: Well, maybe not TONS of money.

Edited by Rewjeo

Or the controversy would make them tons of money.

I mean seriously. A lot of people might get it just because there's incest in it. Sad, but true.

Edit: Well, maybe not TONS of money.

Rewjeo, put your cult of warrior monks to preach and convince people to not get riled up. biggrin.gif