Prime's Storage Facility

Primefusion

AAEZS.png

Many cliffs. Nao! Handle it!

I actually had fun with this one though 'tis a shame the large bridge exists only in FE6.

And uh...no sprite updates because I get bored with sprites easily. =/

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, i hate those cliffs lol

Like, way too many, I see what you're going for, I just purely detest conjoined cliffs and yours are beyond the point where I think it still looks good lol

Path around the castle could be more interesting other than a blob around it, but it's pretty nice.

Alright, how about this version?

f4aaec4fddf014b68f14b220801bb5c3.png

I tried to make them less messy and have it so you can follow where the cliffs are going.

Do you not like cliffs in general? Or is there more to it?

Much better. I kind of like it.

However, the trees seem really random. Maybe have some trees next to eachother / tree clusters?

and the water looks ugly as hell

Edited by Feawr The Kitty

Hey, no time to be lazy, get to work and finish that goddamn hack =o

...well, the map looks lots better. I'd say add a few forts and/or houses in the middle/right side of the map to make it a bit less boring there.

Edited by Feawr The Kitty

Hey, no time to be lazy, get to work and finish that goddamn hack =o

Oh, fine so pushy. Then give me feedback on this:

908bb689ecbed694a954b57dabc08811.png

The Commander class. A certain someone's promotion (You better believe he ain't promotin' to Hero).

793b4a87af30281e129fb26110df4509.png

Attempt numbah 2, complete with my references. I want a little more relaxed pose than the Hero's standing frame and I want the angle that the Commander stands at to be about halfway between what the hero's is and facing the fourth wall (I'm not very good at descriptions am I?) but I don't know if my sprite reflects that =/

Alright, looks like no one likes my Commander =/

How about some icons instead?

ZRNiZ.png

The one by its lonesome is an alternate version to Fimbulvetr but I kinda like the first one more.

I really hate coming up with dark tome designs

tomestomestomestomestomes

I really love the A ranks and Luna. The light is a particular favorite because Aura could have been so much better but it just wasn't in GBAFE.

I also like the Commander.

Why thank you. Actually, I swapped the Luna and Eclipse tomes because I thought they fit the spells more. I also touched some of them up a little:

Hy1Wa.png

I also have some sword icons:

944358e5ea0bc3a01fbd16fcffd4cf07.png

It goes by columns so here's the key in a spoiler:

Column 1:

Iron Sword

Slim Sword

Steel Sword

Silver Sword (I think I'll redo this one)

Column 2:

Iron Blade

Steel Blade

Silver Blade

Poison Sword (I got lazy on this one)

Column 3:

Crystal Sword

Brave Sword

Wo Dao

Killing Edge

Column 4:

Wyrmslayer

Light Brand

Rune Sword

Wind Sword (Might redo as well)

Column 5:

Lancereaver

Longsword

Armorslayer

Column 6:

Bulwark

Seethe

Mourning

I also have a map which I made for the SoS comp. The objective (which I selected =P) was to make a "big battle" map (Think Cog of Destiny from FE7).

f8BG2.png

• 2 weeks later...

Since I'm not an expert at face sprites, I'll leave the C/C to those that are more apt. Instead, since I was gone when you posted them, I'll C/C the tomes up above. (I'd also C/C the swords, but a lot of what I'd disagree with in mainly stylistic and not really inconsistencies. Though, I do agree with your assessment on the Wind Sword. The cross-guard isn't exactly mirrored correctly from one side of the blade to the other side.)

For the tomes, one of the major "issues" I'd say you have is a lack of shading and/or flat shading. I first noticed it on your contest entry from the last round and it seems to be appearing in some of these also (notably Thunder, the alternate Fimbulvetr, Aura, and Fenrir). Perhaps you wanted them to be somewhat plain, but it would still be entirely possible to add detail in and keep the same feel to the tomes with a couple of pixels here and there.

Unrelated to that, I really don't think that the "backwards" dark to light gradient scheme works very well on Purge's tome. It just kinda sticks out like a sore thumb to me. (And, having the white transition into the yellow doesn't offer too much of a change in contrast, making it look kinda flat.)

Also, I do want to say that I like the color scheme on Eclipse's tome. (Though, is the design mainly just modified from the design on Excalibur?) The colors and the contrast/shading probably make Eclipse stand out as one of the best of the set.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Whoops, second page.

Gonna drop off this map here from the SoS comp:

SoSRound12.png

And now a medium shift. I've been playing Pokemon Silver a lot lately so I made a GBC style map:

Route29Reimagine.png

It's sort of a re-imagine of the first route of G/S/C (Route 29).

I also made one in the GBA style:

RandomCityConcept.png

This is just a random concept map I made.

Oh, those tiles are placeholders til I come back to this map. They're there to prevent border problems (Seeing tiles you're not supposed to see).

My other idea was troll items. They'll sit there, mocking you for eternity.

Oh, those tiles are placeholders til I come back to this map. They're there to prevent border problems (Seeing tiles you're not supposed to see).

My other idea was troll items. They'll sit there, mocking you for eternity.

Resit urge to post about walk through wall hacks...

Seeing that though makes me want to make my own...