Osama Bin Laden Killed

Ragnell

I just think its sad that people are celebrating someone's death like its good when people kill other people or something.

I second this statement.

Also, I realize that the good part is we have the body, not them, and thus they can't make his burial spot the third Muslim holy ground

"We must also reaffirm that United states is not and will never be at war against Islam. Bin Laden was not a Muslim leader, in fact, he slaughtered many Muslims."

– Barack Obama, May 1 2011

Two things:

One, I'm kind of worried that those french hostages are going to be killed in retaliation.

Two, and this makes me sound like kind of a dick, I'm glad that the news in Canada and the UK finally has something other than the Royal Wedding to talk about.

I know that everyone has been waiting for bin Laden to be captured but we must always remain skeptical of what is being presented to us. Yes they claim that he's dead, but the convenience of the fact that his body had been dumped in the ocean before anyone actually got a good look at it? Suspicious at best. Since when did the US ever respect Moslem traditions in this so called "War on Terror"? To start doing so now, for the most hated person in America who the government has been hunting for a decade, raises alarm bells for me. I think we should all take a deep breath and wait for the DNA tests to confirm first before we get all giddy (even then, I don't think joy is the proper way to respond to the death of another living creature, even if that creature is someone who has caused so much pain. Relief would perhaps be more appropriate).

Just my thoughts

EDIT: typos

Edited by Fire Emblem Addict

Well, in terms of respectfulness, Obama has 10-upped Bush. It's been ten damn years; there's no reason to lie about it at all. Be skeptical about things that matter more than this.

I know that everyone has been waiting for bin Laden to be captured but we must always remain skeptical of what is being presented to us. Yes they claim that he's dead, but the convenience of the fact that his body had been dumped in the ocean before anyone actually got a good look at it? Suspicious at best. Since when did the US ever respect Moslem traditions in this so called "War on Terror"? To start doing so now, for the most hated person in America who the government has been hunting for a decade, raises alarm bells for me. I think we should all take a deep breath and wait for the DNA tests to confirm first before we get all giddy (even then, I don't think joy is the proper way to respond to the death of another living creature, even if that creature is someone who has caused so much pain. Relief would perhaps be more appropriate).

Just my thoughts

Anyone as in who? As for respecting tradition, this is a scenario in which a corpse was taken and had to be disposed of, not a battlefield scenario, so pretty different things.

Anyone as in who? As for respecting tradition, this is a scenario in which a corpse was taken and had to be disposed of, not a battlefield scenario, so pretty different things.

By anyone I meant the press, you know, CNN and stuff. As for the corpse thing, when did they ever to something like this for say, Hussein's sons that they killed a few years back? And to think that Hussein's sons were much less hated than bin Laden, makes you wonder what the rationale is for doing so (can't be due to decomposition, we can keep bodies fresh for up to a few months these days). I dunno, just seems a bit too convenient for me...

By anyone I meant the press, you know, CNN and stuff. As for the corpse thing, when did they ever to something like this for say, Hussein's sons that they killed a few years back? And to think that Hussein's sons were much less hated than bin Laden, makes you wonder what the rationale is for doing so (can't be due to decomposition, we can keep bodies fresh for up to a few months these days). I dunno, just seems a bit too convenient for me...

As far as I am aware, they did not take those bodies with them for confirmation. In this case they did, and following with cultural/religious tradition they disposed of it as quickly as possible.

As far as I am aware, they did not take those bodies with them for confirmation. In this case they did, and following with cultural/religious tradition they disposed of it as quickly as possible.

You mean "buried", not "disposed of", I'm sure. But yes, the body had to be buried within 24 hours of death.

This also happened during Bush's presidency, and, let's face it, what respect for Islam did that man hold? None.

Just my thoughts

Let's pretend for a moment that Osama is indeed alive. He will then proceed to make a video of himself, demolishing Obama's reputation. It's highly illogical to suggest that he hasn't been killed considering this.

Of yes there have definitely been conspiracy theories bursting out there. I kinda think it's sad. I mean yes since the government has lied to us it's great cause to doubt them... It's sad to think we have a lying government. It's also sad that there are people out there who seem disbelieve pretty much everything they say. No ounce of trust at all. I mean I think, yes be skeptical, but don't be inundated by skepticism...

Even though me saying that is pretty hypocritical of me. I tend to believe the smart thing to do is doubt what seems too good to be true.

Let's pretend for a moment that Osama is indeed alive. He will then proceed to make a video of himself, demolishing Obama's reputation. It's highly illogical to suggest that he hasn't been killed considering this.

I'd say if he isn't dead it would be far more likely that he'll be in some sort of prison/torture camp.

Or he wud ent doo thats coz he is wants Obama to get in again coz 'e is reely terrist too If you actually believe this then it might be worth getting yourself sectioned.

Death is by far the most likely outcome

I'd say if he isn't dead it would be far more likely that he'll be in some sort of prison/torture camp.

Or he wud ent doo thats coz he is wants Obama to get in again coz 'e is reely terrist too If you actually believe this then it might be worth getting yourself sectioned.

Death is by far the most likely outcome

While I was posting that, I was considering suggesting killed/captured, but it's highly unlikely he would be captured, and they have no good reason to keep him alive.