Averages Unleashed

Based off the videos made by goldie. You might know her channel from the face-off videos where all-capped characters with Nihil hit each other until one of them dies. They get a buttload of attention from Youtube fanboys but I've never found them too interesting because they are really only about classes rather than characters. But the Averages Unleashed series is much more interesting since:

- it uses averages instead of max stats

- stat caps are removed

- default Nihil is off

- awesome music, FE music gets old after a while

Now what does this allow for? Making a tier list discussion! :newyears:

Unfortunately I am making this in one of those bored "1am nothing to do but can't be assed doing big things", so while I want to get discussion rolling I don't want to make a list of what, 60 characters just yet.

But I'm sure someone out there must be bored enough to make some kind of draft, or at least get some ideas going.

You can find a video with all stats here. I know, a list would be more convenient, but it's better than nothing.

Tier list criteria would duplicate those of the video. Basically, it should be a list ranking the person with the most favorable match-ups the highest, and the person with the least favorable match-ups the lowest. A favorable match-up is a match-up you win more often than not, e.g. 50% of the time. You get extra credit for being more favorable than usual. For example, winning a match-up 80% of the time is better than winning only 60% of the time. This kind of chance-based speculation is necessary because of all the possibilities of master skills occurring, as well as missing in some cases.

Some of the battling rules (same ones applied to the video):

- Every character has access to every weapon they could possibly need as long as their class can use that weapon type.

- Every character only has the skills you get when you raise them to max level without ever removing or assigning them anything else, other than laguz masteries (which need a Satori sign).

- Fastest character attacks first.

- Weapon Triangle is on.

- No siege tomes.

- No terrain, no supports.

- The battle is played out as if both characters are on some kind of battlefield, so they both have a "phase" where they choose what to attack with, and are forced to keep that weapon equipped on the "enemy phase". In addition, they can attack at 2-range or even 3-range if that is convenient.

- Matches happen an infinite number of time. So just because Tanith cheated Vika out of a win with a Stun proc (iirc) doesn't mean Tanith beats Vika. The videos are just a sample, but samples aren't always accurate.

From what I have seen, some very good characters are:

Mia - video

I don't think she lost to anything that didn't cheat her. Her ridiculous 60 Spd allows her to go first against almost anything, which instantly gives her a 23% chance of "winning" thanks to Astra, and then some more thanks to high critical. She can do range with Alondite, but she generally seems to get by just by proccing something with Vague Katti or just attacking a bunch of times with Brave Sword. She also doesn't really get doubled by anything, and gets a bunch of chances to proc.

Vika - video

Vika has 74 Speed. Yes, 74. She doubles everything, and she has a 74% chance to get Tear which triples her (admittedly modest) 30 Str. 185 avo makes most people drop below 50% hit, and allows her to dodge bullets (for example, Bastian has 17% hit with Excalibur).

Ike - video

No news here, it's Ike with beastly stats. 70 HP, 39/44 Def, and almost 50 Str, versatility with swords/axes, but most importantly a complete immunity to mastery thanks to natural Nihil.

Black Knight - video

This is the only vid I can find of him. He seems kind of like Ike - a strong statistical guy with Nihil. He's suspectible to Hammer and other such weapons though which is definitely a downside.

Mist - video

Mist's stats aren't really that amazing other than her 50 luk. It is this stat that allows her to "cheat" by surviving any attack, even a mastery hit aimed at her sitting at 1HP, thanks to her default Miracle skill. It allows her to win otherwise unfavorable match-ups such as Lethe, although I'd have to do the math on exactly how likely it is to turn tables. She also has an 18% chance for Sol, which will heal her a lot which in turn gives her more room for Miracle procing.

Rolf - video

I don't know why goldie had him attack at 2-range so often...probably because 3-range makes him completely broken if he uses Double Bow. He has an enormous 50 Str to work with, his mastery is an autowin due to the sleep effect, and he can counter while going uncountered pretty much 24/7. I imagine Shinon and Leo do about the same, except minus the enormous Str. Oh, and they OHKO anything that flies.

Please discuss!

EDIT:

A very rough tier list...this was just me going through the stats video and putting people in almost random places. It's easier to move people around than to create an accurate list out of nothing, I'm sure.

Ike

Mist

Vika

Rolf

Shinon

Leonardo

Mia

Edward

High

Ashera

Dheginsea

Black Knight

Zelgius

Tibarn

Naesala

Janaff

Ulki

Stefan

Zihark

Nealuchi

Giffca

Caineghis

Skrimir

Nephenee

Jill

Meg

Gatrie

Lucia

Mid

Sephiran

Lehran

Elincia

Marcia

Nolan

Volke

Muarim

Lyre

Nailah

Volug

Kurthnaga

Ranulf

Lethe

Kyza

Kezhda

Heather

Low

Oscar

Fiona

Boyd

Sothe

Titania

Nasir

Haar

Mordecai

Tauroneo

Danved

Bottom

Tanith

Sigrun

Makalov

Renning

Astrid

Kieran

Geoffrey

Gareth

Levail

Ena

Aran

Brom

Tormod

Bastian

Laura

Soren

Calill

Pelleas

Ilyana

Sanaki

Oliver

Izuka

Rhys

Micaiah

Reyson

Rafiel

Leanne

A useful reference: everyone's Spd. Note that Rexflame gives +3 AS, which I did not take into account for this.

74 - Vika

60 - Lyre, Mia

56 - Naesala

54 - Edward

53 - Zihark

52 - Lethe

51 - Nephenee, Heather

50 - Naeluchi, Volug, Meg

49 - Jill

48 - Tibarn, Ulki, Shinon, Gatrie

46 - Stefan, Makalov

45 - Mist, Lucia

44 - Janaff, Giffca, Ranulf, Laura

43 - Marcia

42 - Kyza, Nailah, Tormod, Rolf, Fiona

41 - Pelleas, Calill

40 - Ashera, Kezhda, Volke, Oscar, Sephiran

39 - Boyd

38 - Sothe, Elincia, Danved

36 - Caineghis, Titania, Tauroneo, Lehran, Geoffrey

35 - Ike, Nolan, Tanith

34 - Ena, Muarim, Reyson

33 - Astrid

32 - Ashera (Judge), Kurthnaga, Skrimir, Ilyana, Sigrun,

31 - Soren, Haar, Leonardo, Bastian, Renning

30 - Sanaki, Dheginsea, Black Knight, Zelgius, Kieran

28 - Micaiah, Rhys, Izuka, Brom

27 - Aran

26 - Nasir, Leanne

25 - Oliver, Levail

24 - Mordecai

20 - Gareth

16 - Rafiel

Average Spd lies around 38-39.

Edited by Mekkah

I'm going to have to look at this tomorrow (when I have working YT). For now though, it's those characters whose growths really break things I'm interested in. How does Eddie do? I know he has mad growths, so must be pretty all around powerful, but is his lack of awesome in any one place a hindrance?

Edward's stats:

70 HP

44 Str

10 Mag

48 Skl

54 Spd

38 Lck

27 Def

18 Res

Mia's stats:

66 HP

39 Str

22 Mag

46 Skl

60 Spd

35 Lck

34 Def

22 Res

Yeah, Eddie is definitely better, I just thought of him before looking at the thread. He even has Wrath instead of Mia's Vantage. Zihark and Stefan kind of pale in comparison.

Zihark's stats:

57 HP

29 Str

15 Mag

54 Skl

53 Spd

24 Lck

25 Def

30 Res

Stefan's stats:

64 HP

37 Str

10 Mag

51 Skl

46 Spd

23 Lck

28 Def

24 Res

Magic characters never seem to be able to win anything, almost always slower, and getting OHKO'd. Rhys might just be the worst character in this.

Edited by Mekkah

Based off the videos made by goldie. You might know her channel from the face-off videos where all-capped characters with Nihil hit each other until one of them dies. They get a buttload of attention from Youtube fanboys but I've never found them too interesting because they are really only about classes rather than characters. But the Averages Unleashed series is much more interesting since:

- it uses averages instead of max stats

- stat caps are removed

- default Nihil is off

- awesome music, FE music gets old after a while

Actually, Goldie recently did a series where she used the stats of characters with their caps removed and no Nihil, although she didn't use averages, she used an RNG to generate their stats.

Well, Eddie has 7 less DEF than Mia. In a fight between them, Mia would win. She'd deliver 2 more damage per hit and hit twice as often.

Okay, then wrath kicks in... I guess it depends on if Mia manages to pull of Astra to KO before Eddie pulls of a wrath crit.

I'd like to see Soren against Ilyana in this, but I doubt it would do more than help Soren, since he'd get higher magic and resistance and get Adept. But Ilyana would have more HP...which does nothing.

I'd like to see Soren against Ilyana in this, but I doubt it would do more than help Soren, since he'd get higher magic and resistance and get Adept. But Ilyana would have more HP...which does nothing.

He also has WTA.

I wonder if Fiona is the best Pally (imbue), and Astrid seems like she'd rank high too.

I'm pretty sure Jill is the best flier but I wonder if Elincia, Marcia, Sigrun, and Tanith beat Haar.

Meg seems like she can > Brom and Gatrie but this is just a wild guess.

Shinnon is probably the worst of his class since Leo/Rolf have more level ups.

Leonardo's stats:

57 HP

37 Str

15 Mag

59 Skl

31 Spd

44 Lck

26 Def

34 Res

Shinon's stats:

70 HP

35 Str

14 Mag

50 Skl

48 Spd

23 Lck

36 Def

28 Res

Shinon looks better to me. 2 less Str, 6 less Res and 9 less Skl, but 13 more HP, 17 more Spd (!), 10 more Def (!). Leonardo has Cancel though.

Magic units look like they're about the worst. They don't have access to Brave weapons, and their low Def gets them 2HKO'd by everything. In addition, they often seem to be quite slow...

edit: I put up a really bad tier list, and a speed tier list.

Edited by Mekkah

Is Miracle Luck*2% activation? I thought it was just Luck%.

I thought so, too, but Mist triggered it pretty much every time in the battles, more like it was a 99% chance or something.

I thought so, too, but Mist triggered it pretty much every time in the battles, more like it was a 99% chance or something.

Huh. Then my Micaiah with 40 luck, Resolve and Miracle was a lot harder to kill than I thought she was... That makes me feel better about relying on her to solo the east of 4-P and west of 4-3.

Pelleas and Ena have innate Miracle as well, albeit with less luck.

EDIT: @Mist vs. Zihark: Miracle also lets the unit evade a fatal hit if they're at 1HP? Mist should be in her own tier. She can't lose.

Edited by Radiant Dragon

EDIT: @Mist vs. Zihark: Miracle also lets the unit evade a fatal hit if they're at 1HP? Mist should be in her own tier. She can't lose.

She loses against most anyone with Nihil, and she loses if Miracle doesn't proc.

She loses against most anyone with Nihil, and she loses if Miracle doesn't proc.

Right, forgot Nihil negates Miracle. We do need to know what Miracle's activation rate is, though.

Yeah, I watched a lot of the Mist battles, and Miracle HAS to be (Lck*2) activation rate. She activated it every time.The one exception was when Nolan OHKO'd her, but I forgot about Nihil at the time.

Yeah, I watched a lot of the Mist battles, and Miracle HAS to be (Lck*2) activation rate. She activated it every time.The one exception was when Nolan OHKO'd her, but I forgot about Nihil at the time.

That doesn't make sense though. How did she lose to Mia?