If you were stuck on an Island...

Yeah. And don't lie in the freaking test by bringing up bullshat like "she can speak with animals".

Edited by Soul

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never minded the mary sue archetype anyway...

It's not an FE archetype, it's just Micaiah.

Hmm. I think that Mordecai would be good to be with. We could form a "brains and brawn" partnership.

As for who I wouldn't want to be with... Micaiah, Mia, and Mist spring to mind. And Shinon, because I need proof that I am not a misogynist.

I never minded the mary sue archetype anyway...

Well, Mary Sues aren't inherently bad. For example, Ike, who has many Suish qualities, remains a very popular character. Micaiah also has some fans, but many people hate her for Suish qualities. And one can have Suish qualities, yet not be a Mary Sue. I don't think that Micaiah is a Mary-Sue, since while she displays some unique traits, almost all of them derive from her being the last descendent of Altina, and she still makes some mistakes over the course of the game, such as letting Jarod escape in 1-9. She also has to make some difficult moral choices in Part 3.

It's also important to note that the term Mary Sue generally only applies to fanfiction OCs.

I would choose Nailah for many perverted reasons as well as the fact that she can survive desert of death (or w/e its name is) thus being able to keep us alive.

As for least favourable option...

Heather because for a creepy perv like me being stuck on an island with sexy and funny chick that turns out to be lesbian is just too cruel...

as well as the fact that she can survive desert of death (or w/e its name is) thus being able to keep us alive.

Except she can't. She lives on the other side of it, not on it. She came to Tellius' side with Rafiel's guidance.

Edited by Jhen Mohran

I would want to be stuck with Meg. Maybe she's not the best unit, but as a person she seems pleasant enough. Being strong enough to lift a cow might come in handy. Plus, if worse came to worse and we had to run from a bear, I know I could outrun her.

I would not want to be stuck with any of the laguz characters. If we ran out of food, I might become their next meal. And even if laguz don't eat humans, I wouldn't want to be around when they get pissed off. They just might transform and claw the crap out of me.

Would really want: Zihark

Honest, willingly lend a hand, cool-headed, etc. Most awsm Char ever.

Would want to be stuck for the other reason:

Micaiah, Jill, Ilyana (though i would not feed her to much, or else she might get active and eat me!), Nephenee, Heather, Mia, Sigrun, Vika, Nailah, Lyre, Leanne & Ena.

Ah you all get the point.

Absolutely not:

Almedha

She won't fuckin leave me alone, or would keep muttering and Rolf-ing or Neimi-ing (crying, y'know) and just not leave me alone.

I'd say I'd want to be stuck with Astrid. Seems she can take care of herself and others, doesn't complain a lot, has a calm personality, she works well with others and is easy to please (also she's not bad to look at). I'm sure she'd also be able to hunt.

The person I wouldn't want to be stuck with is ironically one of my favorite characters: Ilyana. I don't want to starve to death, She'd really put a strain on food resources. (just read the post before....looks like I had similar thoughts as Vicious Sal).

Edited by Desro

Well, Mary Sues aren't inherently bad. For example, Ike, who has many Suish qualities, remains a very popular character. Micaiah also has some fans, but many people hate her for Suish qualities. And one can have Suish qualities, yet not be a Mary Sue. I don't think that Micaiah is a Mary-Sue, since while she displays some unique traits, almost all of them derive from her being the last descendent of Altina, and she still makes some mistakes over the course of the game, such as letting Jarod escape in 1-9. She also has to make some difficult moral choices in Part 3.

It's also important to note that the term Mary Sue generally only applies to fanfiction OCs.

Canon Sues exist. They are all escapist characters though. Some are just done better than others. A good Sue would be Citan from Xenogears. Guy is amazing, can do everything and is just plain awesome in-universe and out but still never eclipses the overall story. Micaiah is still a Sue but they did at least try to give her some flaws so i guess that counts for something. Also in the Island scenerio, having a Sue on your team would be pretty ideal. lol!

Oh yeah! Marcia would be awesome to be on the island with! She's hilarious! Plus i would hope she had her pegasus with her.

I'd want to be stuck with Kurth, since he's polite, collected, mature and can shoot lasers.

He can also formshift into a black dragon with wings. Which would be helpful for escaping and is friggin awesome.