Battlestar Galactica strategy game

Tables

Seems a bit silly brigging someone for just being a bit stupid with their action.

With someone able to solo these crises each month, our chances of finding Cylons is basically nil until it's too late.

We don't need to find a cylon, we can just solo the crises each and every month. A guaranteed pass is a guaranteed pass.

But sure, let's have it so me, JB, RD and BK all chip in and us alone. That'll narrow it down to 3 suspects.

Also, it's NOC Wen and RD, let's try and keep it that way.

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding IRC: I'm somewhat against it's use in this game, it's NOC. If it is used for any discussion then logs should be posted into the thread, except if it's live discussion between the Cylons (in which case a copy of the log in your PM would be nice). Essentially then it becomes a public discussion that took place all at once.

And no, one vote for Brigging, one vote for release each month.

Also I'm about to discuss something balance wise with Balcerzak, since I've kinda looked over things and realised there's a serious underlying issue. Therefore I have a question which I want answers to exclusively in PM: How would you feel about balance changes being made now, midgame in order to ensure a closer and fairer game? If so would you want them applied retroactively? I'm not going to say who I expect to benefit from this change since I don't want to bias people, all I'll say is it will bring things closer to a random game in a vacuum having a 50/50 win rate for each side.

People are entirely fine with the change although some wanted to know what it was before passing final judgement. Bal and I are now discussing exactly what we think needs doing.

In the meantime carry on with the crisis: It won't be really affected by the change so just play on as normal.

Remember how I was complaining about my busy schedule?

"Me and this other guy are stuck in a two-day seminar, so eclipse will be doing part of our jobs in addition to what she's already dong."

Really. FML. Luckily, I can't take work home.

I'll give you guys until I can be bothered to update again.

Rules change: Having looked over the crisis deck and stuff, humans could pretty much not lose with 5 starting resources, except through bad luck in crisis draws. As such Population and Morale instead start from 4 (and so both resources are lowered by one). In addition, Executions DO NOT affect morale any more. Kill people as much as you want (or don't because it'll give the Cylons a massive advantage).

Carry on as normal.

Weapons, don't play any cards:

But sure, let's have it so me, JB, RD and BK all chip in and us alone.

If any of them sabotage, we'll have narrowed down a cylon to one of these three.

If any of them sabotage, we'll have narrowed down a cylon to one of these three.

Of those only BK is one of the original 5 suspects, right?

Be on your best behaviour, BK. Eclipse's rubber band is at the ready.

So sorry with being so slow, board game weekend at my society so I've been playing board games somewhat solidly for the last 30 hours (with a few hours sleep). Update in a minute.

POL-2

POL-3

POL-4

POL-4

POL-5

POL-5

TAC-2

TAC-2

TAC-3

TAC-4

TAC-5

=39 Pass

Skills played:

Ceadeus as Cain: 2 skills

Kevin as Roslin: 1 skill

Excellen Browning as Baltar: Pass

Wen Yang as Anders: Pass

JBCWK as Gaeta: 3 skills

BK-201 as Zarek: 3 skills

Queen as Kat: Pass

Eclipse as Cally: Pass

WeaponsOfMassConstruction as Leoben: Pass

Radiant Dragon as Ellen: 2 skills

Skills in hand:

Ceadeus as Helena Cain: 5 skills

Kevin as Laura Roslin: 7 skills

Excellen Browning as Gaius Baltar: 3 skills

Wen Yang as Samuel T. Anders: 5 skills

JBCWK as Felix Gaeta: 6 skills

BK-201 as Tom Zarek: 5 skills

Queen as Louanne "Kat" Katrine: 7 skills

Eclipse as Callandra "Cally" Tyrol: 8 skills

WeaponsOfMassConstruction as Leoben Conoy: 8 skills

Radiant Dragon as Ellen Tigh: 3 skills

Baltar is brigged. This means until release his skills values are immediately halved (and they're almost doubled after release) and he can only play 1 skill into each check.

Everyone: Action phase. Two of you are about to become Cylons. Te he he!

Edited by I Eat Tables

They're taking up space. I'd rather have ten potentially helpful cards than eight potentially helpful cards and two cards that fuck over every check.