Music Patch+FEditor Adv=BEEEEEEEEEEEEEP

Joerachi

So, I decided to get off of my arse and work on my hack, and I applied Blazer's patch to FE8. Now, I open up FEditor and edit some text, but no matter what I do, what I edit, it cuts to so graphic glitching and some moon speak, depending on what's edited.

5b42e136bddcf77284f76d1232599308.png

Like so.The ONLY thing I have done to the Rom is applied the MIDI patch. Halp?

You must manage the Free space on the ROM with the FEditor's Memory and Free Space Manager after all the modifications that you make with other programs, if you don't, the FEditor will overwrite on it.

Edited by oracle_of_fire

You must manage the Free space on the ROM with the FEditor's Memory and Free Space Manager after all the modifications that you make with other programs, if you don't, the FEditor will overwrite on it.

I don't understand how the Memory and Free space manager works D;

Didn't work, Cam. :/

1. Take a clean ROM

2. Apply the Music patch.

3. Open the ROM with an Hexadecimal editor.

4. Look for free space ("00" data)

5. Copy the Start address (By Example: 00FFFFF5), and count how long is it, how many Byte are. (By example: 500 Bytes)

I recommend you make your own free space at the end of the ROM adding "00" at the end of the ROM.

6. Open the ROM with FEditor Adv.

7. In the textbox that says "Start address" put the address that you copied and in the length box put how long is the free space on hexadecimal (By example: 1F4 means 500 bytes)

8. Click on Manage memory and save, close the program and open it again to make other changes.

Try Shadowofchaos' music patch. Also my music patch was meant for FE7, not FE8, just throwing that out there, I don't know what consequences using an FE7 patch on FE8 will have. IIRC Shadowofchaos' has one for all 3 games or something. Otherwise you can just apply it to an FE7 game and copy all the data from 0x1000000 to the end of the game and paste it at the same offset in a clean FE8 ROM, and then do whatever else you wanted to do. :\