New Mystery Not Coming to Europe

I'm not sure if anybody else has received an e-mail reply like this, I haven't checked, so sorry if this is old news, but I sent an e-mail to Nintendo of Europe's Service Centre yesterday. The following is the message I sent:

Dear Nintendo Service Centre,

I have no idea whether you would be able to help me with this question, or whether I am sending to the correct address for this kind of email, but I'd like to ask anyway. The Nintendo DS game Fire Emblem: Shin Monshō no Nazo ~Hikari to Kage no Eiyū~ has been available in Japan for around a year now, but has not been so much as hinted towards by Nintendo anywhere outside of Japan. This strikes many of the Western fans, including myself, as quite unusual. The Fire Emblem series has been a favourite of Western Nintendo fans ever since the release of Fire Emblem on the Game Boy Advance. I understand that you probably cannot give away information on future games, but I and so many others are desperate to know whether Nintendo actually plans to release this game internationally or not, as the series has many, many fans in the West who would be incredibly disappointed if the game was never released outside of Japan. Has Nintendo completely given up on the Fire Emblem series' international releases, or can we expect to see a Western version of the game in the future? I hope that you are able to answer this question, as there are many Fire Emblem fans in the West who are starting to lose faith in Nintendo and believe that they have been waiting patiently for nearly a year, for nothing. With best regards to you and dearly hoping to receive an answer for the many confused Nintendo fans,

Jacob Graham, UK.

This morning, I received a reply to the e-mail:

Dear Mr Graham,

Thank you for your email.

With regard to this title, unfortunately we do not currently have any plans to release this product within Europe. If this should change in the future, then release dates and product information are typically announced on our official website, which can be visited at the following address:

http://www.nintendo.co.uk

I do hope this information helps.

Kind regards,

John Parker

Nintendo Service Centre

John.Parker@nintendoservicecentre.co.uk

So Mr John Parker confirms that they don't currently plan to release it in Europe, and presumably that means it won't be released in North America or Australia either. I guess it doesn't look like we'll be seeing it at E3 as some speculated. I know most people probably guessed it wasn't going to be released; this is just a clear confirmation. Sorry to disappoint, guys :(

Anyone care to start a petition? Because I fucking want this game in English.

This

(I'm going to break the don't quote without adding content rule, because, well, it sums up what I said last topic nicely)

Edited by I Eat Tables

I'm pretty sure that's just a generic response message and I wouldn't be too concerned over it. I saw the exact same message for The Last Story and there are rumblings that it's coming out in English. All that it means is that they can't tell you anything about the game, even if they are currently working on it.

I agree.

When they mean no plans, it means that they are not prepared to release it yet, but probably have plans to realease outside.

This similar thing happened with Dragon Quest VI, when one person asked Square Enix when its going to come out outside of Japan, he also got a similar response like the one you got.

"We do not currently have plans" is a generic response. Send out a message asking if *insert company* is planning on releasing the original Pacman for the PS3 as a standalone title, they'll send the same thing back.

All that it means is that they can't tell you anything about the game, even if they are currently working on it.

Hey, that's not the only thing it tells us, it also shows that they can be complete and utter wankers >:( Your move Nintendo :p

I think I'll close this thread in case people get the wrong impression (and there are like 2 other topics where you can discuss the game's coming or not-coming release). If anybody finds any better confirmation on the matter (like straight from a talking person, ala Ace Attorney Investigations 2), they're free to make a new thread.