• Feaw
    • Psychology
    • SuperLuigi
    • Gaius Julius Caesar
    • PrimeFusion
    • Jealousy
    • StrawmanTheSawmanShaman
    • KingKomodo

Mwuhahahahaha! You totally didn't expect me to do this.

It is the responsibility of the voters and the spriters to ask "does that look like the right weapon rank?"

B+ Rank staff was weapon rank

Feaw: IconContest7Feaw.png

Psychology:thunderrod.png

SuperLuigi:staff.png

Galius Julius Caesar:Starlightstaff.png

PrimeFusion:WhatisthisStaff.png

Jealousy:silverwing_03.png

StrawmanTheSawmanShaman:rldgkm.png\

KingKomodo:b45d426b7594d71059dd3f0837fa0ff8.png

Deadline: May 29

Anyone who votes for themselves is automatically disqualified from the contest.

Edited by ThatGuyDownTheStreet

So much for not telling anyone why... tongue.gif

So did he make his own version of it or did he rip it?

Back on topic, I'm going with Feaw's I also really like StrawmanTheSawmanShaman's and Jealousy's but they look more A-S class than B, but they're really good.

So much for not telling anyone why... tongue.gif

So did he make his own version of it or did he rip it?

In comparison to the original sprites, it's pretty much ripped and barely edited o 3o

Not stolen, I modified it and recolored it. It was meant as a joke, I didn't think you guys would actually vote for it, it looks like crap, and I was expecting someone to point all this out earlier. I can't leave it up because it wouldn't be fair since it has alot of votes.

Although, I do realize I hit one prediction right on the head.

they look more A-S class than B, but they're really good.

It's a B+ staff contest. As long as it looks B and higher, it's legit.

SL for me.

That ThatGuy was going to post the voting topic! tongue.gif

How is this relevant to the topic?

Edited by · j e a l o u s y ·

Back on topic, I'm going with Feaw's I also really like StrawmanTheSawmanShaman's and Jealousy's but they look more A-S class than B, but they're really good.

...You do realize that the challenge was for a B+ rank staff, right? Meaning that B Rank, A Rank, and S Rank weapons were completely viable options? -_-

Not stolen, I modified it and recolored it. It was meant as a joke, I didn't think you guys would actually vote for it, it looks like crap, and I was expecting someone to point all this out earlier. I can't leave it up because it wouldn't be fair since it has alot of votes.

While I'm not in charge of this contest, since you entered a contest with an entry that knowingly infringed upon the rules just to see if it would get votes, I personally feel that you should be disqualified from all future competitions. That's a STUPID reason for entering a contest, especially since you expected your entry to get called out given that it was basically a palette swap, slight edit, and reshade of an icon from LoZ. If you can't be somewhat serious about it (even though spriting is just a hobby for us), then I don't think you should be allowed to participate. I'll leave that up to Cam, though.

-------------------------

I voted for AK. It's the cleanest sprite of the bunch, and barring the odd part of the staff's shaft that juts out, it also is the most visually appealing, IMHO. SL's icon is nice, but it seems more like a C Rank staff to me.

While I'm not in charge of this contest, since you entered a contest with an entry that knowingly infringed upon the rules just to see if it would get votes, I personally feel that you should be disqualified from all future competitions. That's a STUPID reason for entering a contest, especially since you expected your entry to get called out given that it was basically a palette swap, slight edit, and reshade of an icon from LoZ. If you can't be somewhat serious about it (even though spriting is just a hobby for us), then I don't think you should be allowed to participate. I'll leave that up to Cam, though.

I can't believe everyone's getting bent out of shape over a stupid little rod. OK, it should have never been entered anyway, and sorry for not being available to pull it out before the contest began, but I did pull out after I saw that people were voting for it. I'm not out to steal the spotlight by posting things like that. I backed out respectfully, and I don't see what the problem is unless the people who do have a problem have something personal against me.

FYI, Cam already knows what that icon was, because he's been helping me with my icons and visiting my topic, and he didn't say anything about it. So maybe you should ask him if he didn't even mind the icon being there before coming at me like I killed someone. I'm sure if he had a problem with it, he would have said so himself.

I'm getting bent out of shape because I respect my hobby and I trust that a contest that I enter in from time to time is run fairly and that all participants obey the rules. You broke the rules by entering an icon that wasn't new (nor was it really your own), in the sense that the base icon was pre-existing. Everyone else took some semblance of time to make their own icons. If they can do it, you can do it. And, since you chose not to do it, I don't feel that that's fair to the rest of the field of entrants. I heard that one of the entrants took 15 minutes to make their icon. It's not a serious time investment. If you want to get better, you need to start making designs on your own. Simply grabbing an existing icon and modifying it can only take you so far.

I'll leave Cam to explain why he allowed the entry in the first place, since I can't know why he did. It's entirely possible that he was unaware of the link or hadn't even looked at the entries since he couldn't make the voting topic. But, again, I can't know that for certain.

Anyway, I've said my piece. I'll leave the rest up to Cam.

Edited by Lord Glenn

...You do realize that the challenge was for a B+ rank staff, right? Meaning that B Rank, A Rank, and S Rank weapons were completely viable options? -_-

1. I didn't know that at the time I made the post but I realize this now, still I like Feaw's the best so my vote is unchanged.

2. Well, wait a minute. The way I see it he meant it as a joke and he didn't necessarily have to say anything, so that's good on his part. Also he's removed from this contest which I think is just but all of them is a little overkill. So long as he doesn't do stuff like that anymore I think it's fine especially since Cam knew about it. But that's just my opinion if Cam says otherwise I guess that's the way it'll have to be :/

Edited by Dr.Sholes

I'm getting bent out of shape because I respect my hobby and I trust that a contest that I enter in from time to time is run fairly and that all participants obey the rules. You broke the rules by entering an icon that wasn't new (nor was it really your own), in the sense that the base icon was pre-existing. Everyone else took some semblance of time to make their own icons. If they can do it, you can do it. And, since you chose not to do it, I don't feel that that's fair to the rest of the field of entrants. I heard that one of the entrants took 15 minutes to make their icon. It's not a serious time investment. If you want to get better, you need to start making designs on your own. Simply grabbing an existing icon and modifying it can only take you so far.

I'll leave Cam to explain why he allowed the entry in the first place, since I can't know why he did. It's entirely possible that he was unaware of the link or hadn't even looked at the entries since he couldn't make the voting topic. But, again, I can't know that for certain.

Anyway, I've said my piece. I'll leave the rest up to Cam.

Cam has known for awhile about that icon, it's not something that just popped up all of a sudden while he was gone. and I backed out before the first day was even half over, so i'm pretty sure i'm trying to be fair by not letting a 'fake' icon get all the votes. And don't talk to me like I don't make my own icons. If you visited my topic once in a while, among my 'fake' icons I do have several custom weapons.

Cam likes my icons, both custom and from other games, and like you said, he's the contest creator, so leave it up to him. This is how arguments start, because everyone wants to come at me instead of asking the contest creator and letting him handle it. I will respect whatever decision he makes as far as his contests go, but I have no obligation to accept what you say until he makes a decision.