Team Fortress 2 Mini-Mafia

Anouleth

I'm town for the first time since Disgaea. Cool.

Although I just noticed something very wrong with this game... We have a Cop and a Doctor, but the Mafia doesn't have a roleblocker. That's broken.

Hmm, really? I... didn't think it was that big a deal.

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Numbers split is 9/3, which allows Town two mislynches before they get to MYLO, which is devastating if it's one of the cop claims that is lynched, and even if the game had a night start, it would only be one report less. This is really town-sided. The solution would be to change one townie to a mafia member, which then allows for only one mislynch. =/

Yeah, it really is quite town-sided tbh. Then again, it works for me, gives me less people to investigate.

Regardless, ##Vote: Kevin. Honestly, I don't think I have to explain why.

Numbers split is 9/3, which allows Town two mislynches before they get to MYLO, which is devastating if it's one of the cop claims that is lynched, and even if the game had a night start, it would only be one report less. This is really town-sided. The solution would be to change one townie to a mafia member, which then allows for only one mislynch. =/

Or let a mafia member roleblock.

But you may be right. As it is, the town only need to be successful every other lynch and still come out 3-0.

I think this would've been better if it was a night start. I'm holding off on voting until JB AND Kevin start talking some more.

Ok, so I retract my cop claim. What I was trying to do was ensure that JB was an uncc'd cop by claiming I was a cop while as a blue, because then mafia won't cc. If someone does cc, however, they were very likely to be the real cop, as, for the aforementioned reason, the mafia are unlikely to cc after I cc.

And since it's been a day and most people have spoken since then, it's safe for me to retract and leave JB as an uncc'd cop. Sorry for the confusion, it's an epicmafia trick.

Well, think about it logically: if you were maf you want to stay as hidden as possible whilst retaining as much negative influence over the other players as possible.

Therefore, why would a mafia cc a cop claim if a blue cc's the cop claim? Why would they draw unnecessary attention to themselves instead of just sitting back and letting one of the townie cop claims be lynched? Answer: they wouldn't. The thing most mafias do in a situation where both cop claims are town sided is say nothing and let one of them be lynched.

However, if the cop claim was actually a mafia claim, and I cc'd, the cop would still cc and as it is unlikely for the mafia to cc the cop claim in that situation, it is probable that the third cop claim is the real one.

I am defending myself dude, what do you think those last few posts were? I was explaining why I did what I did. Thanks to me, we now have an un cc'd cop. You're welcome.

Okay guys, I'm back from graduation

I will look over things now but frst I need sleep

I dunno, I'd defend myself in some way, but besides saying that I'm town... there isn't much I can do I guess.

Maybe this: The probability that the first guy you bandwagon on being town is 75%, so it might be a good idea to reconsider.

Well, how am I supposed to defend myself? I'm a vanilla townie but how should I prove that? I can tell you that the probability of me being town is pretty high (67% now) and that the probability of lynching a mafia when you switch votes is higher than when you leave your votes on me, but that's pretty much it.