My Yu-Gi-Oh cards are worthless D:

I knew there was a reason I never got into this crap.

also, What is the point of buying a supposedly "rare" card that cost like 5cents to make?

Some cards are more fun.

This thread is very relevant to my interests in children's card games.

This is why I hold Siriusly serious card gamers with scorn... I just can't see sane people spending 25 dollars on one card...

Pff... $25 for one card. I bought THREE cards for $25.

And then there was the one time I bought my Lightsworn stuff when they amazing... So yeah.

Look at the Brionac on the right. That's worth $70 right now.

... But that one looks less shiny D:! Why's it worth more?

(for that matter one thing i will never understand is all the fucking levels of shininess in ygo)

A card's value is not based on its rarity. My common Book of Moon sells for more than my Secret Rare Naturia Leodrake.

The basis of the value depends on how often it has been released, the availibility of the pack/set it was released in, and how many people are willing to use it. A common card could be worth quite a lot, because SO MANY people run it (ie Penguin Soldier, Gold Sarc, Book of Moon, etc). A secret rare card could be shiny as pants, but worth nothing, because it either has no effect, doesn't bring any usefulness, or simply nobody wants it.

But make sure that crap is 1st edition and in mind condition. 1 white spot? shove that in your ass as fap material.

tl;dr: Shinyness means very little in the Yu-Gi-Oh world.

Also, before anyone else mentions it.

Pot of Duality.

I have a copy of the Winged Dragon of Ra which actually works. What I mean is, I can summon the real winged dragon of ra and send my opponents to the shadow realm.

It's worth $.50 because it's banned in tournaments AND informal play.

Well I used to collect Pokemon cards and all the ones I had weren't all that good. Maybe at least 10 of them were but....

My younger brother had this friend who used to like pokemon but now she doesn't really and she'd let him have some of her cards and soooo many of his are really really strong and me and my older brother were like "where were all those cards when we used to collect those???"

As for Yu-Gi-Oh we used to get those too and the only good ones were the ones we printed out copies of and glued to the front of other cards XD

Though I think I remember my older brother having some good ones...

Edited by Freohr Datia

It's worth $.50 because it's banned in tournaments AND informal play.

It's not "banned". You simply can't use it because it says "Cannot be used in a duel" in the bottom right corner in English (or Japanese if you have the GB1 copies) as well as not having any effects defined on the card.

The "real" Winged Dragon of Ra that you can use in Tourneys... is pretty... bad, IMHO.

Edited by shadowofchaos

It's not "banned". You simply can't use it because it says "Cannot be used in a duel" in the bottom right corner in English (or Japanese if you have the GB1 copies) as well as not having any effects defined on the card.

The "real" Winged Dragon of Ra that you can use in Tourneys... is pretty... bad, IMHO.

Dude, you are talking about a different version of Winged Dragon of Ra or something. Mine has magical powers and can banish you to the shadow realm. It would be pretty good if I was allowed to use it.

I can't believe I got a serious response to that post.

Edited by SeverIan

I can't believe I got a serious response to that post.

Oh lol. XD

I guess I wasn't paying attention all that much to your first sentence. XD

It's because I have a set of all the God Variants.

The "Unusable" God Cards

The Tourney Legal Versions (Slifer's not out yet)

The Wicked Gods

The Sacred Beasts

and the Nordic Gods

Edited by shadowofchaos

$1 and $2 for single cards? That still beats the shit out of Pokemon. I've got a shitton of old Pokemon cards, and, like %90 are worth less than a buck. $1 and $2 is pretty damn good pricing.

Not like I need new cards beyond a Swords of Revealing Light. Balloon Lizard tends to do its job more often than not.

Most of my cards are worth absolutely nothing, though. I was searching for my MOST valuable cards :3.

Although someone's buying a Battle Fader from my brother for $8, so I'm guessing that's the most expensive thing we own.